Geely launches "Galaxy" EV brand. Is that an Eletre?

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This is somewhat concerning. Geely has just launched an EV-only brand called Galaxy, with what appears to be an Eletre (or very very similar) without any Lotus branding. Is this a lower tier mass market product? Or is this an indication of a pivot regarding Lotus as Geely's EV flagship?

Article link:

800x-1.jpg

Last edited:

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This is somewhat concerning. Geely has just launched an EV-only brand called Galaxy, with what appears to be an Eletre (or very very similar) without any Lotus branding. Is this a lower tier mass market product? Or is this an indication of a pivot regarding Lotus as Geely's EV flagship?

Article link:

800x-1.jpg
Just a gut feeling, but based on the whole EV push in the world I really feel the Lotus as we know it will disappear under Geely.

BYD is huge in China and Tesla does now have a big slice of the pie there. Geely wants market share and they won’t do that with traditional Lotus cars.

I still feel the slow roll out of the Emira is on purpose. If Geely were dedicated to the brand as far as building Lotus sports cars they would have redirected money into a more modern production line that could build cars at a modern pace.

As for the fabled Evija, you’ll only ever see that in a few car collections, at best.

Maybe the Emira will actually become a collectors item in time for those few that actually get one delivered and that are willing to deal with it’s core issues.

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Article link:

800x-1.jpg
More Info: I just found this in my inbox from Motor Authority regarding Geely’s announcement:

Geely Announces Galaxy

NathanialRamsey

Reaction score
It looks like Geely's new Galaxy brand is indeed launching with a model that resembles the Eletre, but without Lotus branding. This could indicate a few things - it might be a move towards a more mass-market product or a shift in focus for Lotus within Geely's EV lineup.
As for whether it's a lower-tier product, it's hard to say without more details. It could be positioned differently in the market compared to the Eletre.
If you're curious about the implications for Lotus or want to know more about the new Galaxy brand, you might want to look into it further or reach out to Geely for clarification. Also, considering checking out with this professional hybrid car repair, they helped me a lot when I had a similar issue.

Last edited:

wallstbear

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The current Galaxy models are being sold at 15%-25% the prices of Lotus models. I doubt it will have much meaningful impact on the Lotus brand. That said, the Galaxy E8 is indeed a rather capable (and somewhat pretty) vehicle. It's a lot of car for the money.

I have an unsubstantiated hunch that Geely hasn't quite figured out what exactly they want to do with this brand because it's definitely not as clearly oriented as other Geely brands like Volvo, Lynk &Co, Zeekr, etc.

Last edited: