Fly Over Emira Fan

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Here in Louisville KY....America's favorite flyover state known more for bourbon, a small horse race, and baseball bats than car culture. I'm a long time Porscphile that's fallen out of love with the brand. I've owned over a dozen different 911s but over the years they've gotten big, fat and have become more grand tourer than pure sports car and the cayman does nothing for me...Its a soulless scalpel.

My daily is a BMW M2 Competition and I have Beck 904 GTS #53 which is a Porsche 904 Tribute. I'm really excited for the Emira. It sounds like a "do it all" sports car. Comfy enough for daily use, and competent enough for track driving, all with the look of a mid engined exotic. PERFECT!

My local dealer is in Indy....I plan on putting down a deposit in the spring for a 2023 model. I don't want the FE. Rather wait to configure the car the way I want it and hopefully there will be a few additional color choices by then. Looking forward to becoming part of the Lotus family of owners!

IMG_1165 copy 2.jpg
IMG_1211.JPG

George

Clam

Reaction score
Here in Louisville KY....America's favorite flyover state known more for bourbon, a small horse race, and baseball bats than car culture. I'm a long time Porscphile that's fallen out of love with the brand. I've owned over a dozen different 911s but over the years they've gotten big, fat and have become more grand tourer than pure sports car and the cayman does nothing for me...Its a soulless scalpel.

My daily is a BMW M2 Competition and I have Beck 904 GTS #53 which is a Porsche 904 Tribute. I'm really excited for the Emira. It sounds like a "do it all" sports car. Comfy enough for daily use, and competent enough for track driving, all with the look of a mid engined exotic. PERFECT!

My local dealer is in Indy....I plan on putting down a deposit in the spring for a 2023 model. I don't want the FE. Rather wait to configure the car the way I want it and hopefully there will be a few additional color choices by then. Looking forward to becoming part of the Lotus family of owners!

View attachment 2506View attachment 2507

George
Welcome, George. Big bourbon fan here - need to hit up the bourbon trail soonest.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Welcome George, I saw your 904 and M2C post on one of the Emira Facebook groups.

You might want to get that deposit down sooner if you can, as most US dealers have got names against all of their 2022 allocations and have lists open for 2023 already. You should be able to get it as refundable at this stage and most dealers are prepared to commit to no markups.

Lankan

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome! Your Beck 904 GTS looks superb. (y) I am sure it has the same old-school, raw, visceral character as the original.

As a Porsche enthusiast, and a former owner (of 7, including Rennsports & Clubsports), I can relate to your sentiments re Porsches of late, especially the post-997 variants.

The Exige S RGB I have now certainly provided the same raw character that my 1991 964RS Lightweight did, and I am sure the Emira (V6 manual), although over 500kgs heavier, should provide enough thrills.

Getting a deposit down marks your spot on the waiting list, and since it is refundable, there is no risk. I am not in the first batch of UK cars, but cannot wait to test drive one and take delivery of mine in due course.

Last edited:

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The GTS is wonderful.... just class.... :) As for the question, am with the other guys.... get your money down now... better to have and not need, then need and not have.... if you get me ;)

Last edited: