Greetings from dubai

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all ,

Here a very passionated person about light cars and lotus brand

That will be my first lotus , I come from Honda cars , civic … s2000, and now I will go for a better toy

I just went last week to inform me about the car in lotus dealer here in dubai and yesterday I paid the deposit ! fell in love with the car ,

Here you see lambos, Ferrari , mclaren but my interest is only in special non common cars , and I think this will be a perfect choice

ETA they say about November , let’s hope so!

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi all ,

That will be my first lotus , I come from Honda cars , civic … s2000, and now I will go for a better toy

I just went last week to inform me about the car in lotus dealer here in dubai and yesterday I paid the deposit ! fell in love with the car ,

Here you see lambos, Ferrari , mclaren but my interest is only in special non common cars , and I think this will be a perfect choice

Welcome to the Watch Party. There are also some videos on line about dealerships there.

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Hi, similar situation here, my first Lotus as well.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Guess you won’t be needing the heated seats in Dubai 😜

DrNio13

Reaction score
Hi all ,

welcome! s2000 was my favorite car back in the days

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Welcome to the forum.
So you said you put down your first initial deposit yesterday, and you will be getting your car in November 2022?
How is that possible?

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome to the forum.
So you said you put down your first initial deposit yesterday, and you will be getting your car in November 2022?
How is that possible?
Thanks all for the welcome!

There was an allocation yet for manual in bahrein, so they get that slot for me

Here in UAE the favourite spec is automatic transmission, so I’m not at least in any queue and they assure me getting the car by November

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks all for the welcome!

There was an allocation yet for manual in bahrein, so they get that slot for me

Here in UAE the favourite spec is automatic transmission, so I’m not at least in any queue and they assure me getting the car by November
Fair enough. Lucky. Congrats

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
How is that possible?
It's a smaller market so a few cars go a long way.

I"m told the first deliveries will happen around Q3 this year

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's a smaller market so a few cars go a long way.

I"m told the first deliveries will happen around Q3 this year
Exactly , like 100 emira coming here only

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Exactly , like 100 emira coming here only
100? Wow, that's more than 80 for Germany and definitely more than the 12 we get in Spain! Maybe a few can drop from the container in Bilbao, no need to make all the way there !! 🤪
Now seriously, I guess you are counting all GCC countries, not only Dubai, right?

Last edited:

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
100? Wow, that's more than 80 for Germany and definitely more than the 12 we get in Spain! Maybe a few can drop from the container in Bilbao, no need to make all the way there !! 🤪
Now seriously, I guess you are counting all GCC countries, not only Dubai, right?
It's also a 'prestige' and growth market if you want to call it that. Lotus can sell the Emira in the US and most of Europe with their eyes closed, not so much here. I wasn't even aware there was an official Lotus dealership in Dubai till I enquired about the Emira.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It's also a 'prestige' and growth market if you want to call it that. Lotus can sell the Emira in the US and most of Europe with their eyes closed, not so much here. I wasn't even aware there was an official Lotus dealership in Dubai till I enquired about the Emira.
I know... lived there for 6 years (2008-2014)
Didn´t spot a single Lotus in that period.
Guess you guys are going to have fun with a few Emiras in Dubai Autodrome and Yas Marina!
And in the roads of Oman, that will be a nice drive!
In any case, the question was, the 100 allocation, is it only for Dubai or all GCC countries?
Just out of curiosity, because it looks a lot to me only for Dubai, but who knows...

xen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know... lived there for 6 years (2008-2014)
Didn´t spot a single Lotus in that period.
Guess you guys are going to have fun with a few Emiras in Dubai Autodrome and Yas Marina!
And in the roads of Oman, that will be a nice drive!
In any case, the question was, the 100 allocation, is it only for Dubai or all GCC countries?
Just out of curiosity, because it looks a lot to me only for Dubai, but who knows...
My understanding is it's for the UAE.

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Is almost 100 emira for UAE and Bahrain only

richbrown

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all ,

Welcome. I’m on my last day in Dubai after another great holiday. Agree the Lotus will stand out from the many Ferraris and Lambos I’ve seen over the last few days. What colour are you opting for in this heat?! Maybe worth a wait for white and a non FE car?? The fairmont hotel has been a fun place to stay !

OP
Citizen

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Welcome. I’m on my last day in Dubai after another great holiday. Agree the Lotus will stand out from the many Ferraris and Lambos I’ve seen over the last few days. What colour are you opting for in this heat?! Maybe worth a wait for white and a non FE car?? The fairmont hotel has been a fun place to stay !

What the hell , fairmont is my current living residence ,

Im going for nimbus , no black pack , tan interior , yellow callipers