Fitting the car in a standard garage

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Ian,

Interested in what size your garage is (since I have the same dilemma). Width of the door gap.? Width of the garage inside? Please do tell.
Me too - thinking I'll have to cut two notches out of the wood surrounding the garage door to get the mirrors in... 😂

OP
I

Ian C

Reaction score
Ian,

Interested in what size your garage is (since I have the same dilemma). Width of the door gap.? Width of the garage inside? Please do tell.
The garage itself is 2.49m wide . I have a roller garage door and the gap is 2.19m. The wing mirrors fold in but still protrude quite a way

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The garage itself is 2.49m wide . I have a roller garage door and the gap is 2.19m. The wing mirrors fold in but still protrude quite a way
But they don't protrude further than the rear haunches, so if you're reversing in, as I do, providing that you're reasonably central with the rear of the car, the folded mirrors will clear. No need for notches in the door frame 😀

Last edited:

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I measured the garage space so many times based on the published spec and through that there was no way to get it in , (and me to get out) but it worked.
I have some protective padding going on the wall this weekend but managing to get in and out with a squeeze.
Perhaps if you drove in a slight angle (clockwise from above), your door would have a bit more room to open.

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
But they don't protrude further than the rear haunches, so if you're reversing in, as I do, providing that you're reasonably central with the rear of the car, the folded mirrors will clear. No need for notches in the door frame 😀
Ha Ha

That's interesting.

I asked Lotus Prestbury to measure a car with its mirrors folded in.

My garage openings are 2.14m wide.

I have 2 - but one half of the garage is shorter than the other and the Emira will only fit on the left side - which is a bit of a bugger as that's where my Audi S5 Cabriolet lives...

Oddly - they told me 1895mm (with the mirrors folded) - which doesn't sound as wide as I imagined...

If that's true - then it fits - no notching out required!

Can anybody verify that?

Cheers 👍

webfoot

Reaction score
I believe the width is 1896 (folded mirrors) 2092 (incl. mirrors)

Manual says.....

1677945365932.png

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I believe the width is 1896 (folded mirrors) 2092 (incl. mirrors)

Manual says.....

View attachment 23388
Cool - thanks for that 👍🏻

That's brilliant news - doesn't help me with the S5 problem though! - had it since new in 2011 - won't part with it.

My Mrs said that if I turn up with the Emira, and the S5 hasn't gone, she's off 🤷🏻‍♂️

Let's see how that pans out... 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts