• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Fitting the car in a standard garage

Ian C

Reaction score
After much worry the car slotted home easily today. I am sure it is smaller than the official measurements but not complaining

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_164753059.jpg
    IMG_20230302_164753059.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 899

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Wow, I'd need to do Yoga and lose a few pounds. It would annoy me daily. You are committed!

Maurice R

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
After much worry the car slotted home easily today. I am sure it is smaller than the official measurements but not complaining
Holy crap that’s a close fit. Hope the Emira does not gain any weight 😂

morphious

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
:LOL::ROFLMAO: I have a 20ft wide garage and the wife hates getting close to the side so she parks her Macan almost in the middle, I feel your space crunch.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Why you say they lied about measurements?

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
@Ian C That looks like less than 12" to get out, need to see video of this operation :)

OP
I

Ian C

Reaction score
Why you say they lied about measurements?
I measured the garage space so many times based on the published spec and through that there was no way to get it in , (and me to get out) but it worked.
I have some protective padding going on the wall this weekend but managing to get in and out with a squeeze.

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I measured the garage space so many times based on the published spec and through that there was no way to get it in , (and me to get out) but it worked.
I have some protective padding going on the wall this weekend but managing to get in and out with a squeeze.

But they don’t lie about sizes , That's the last complaint I thought I would read here about the car. 😅

Tonygcar

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I reckon he sleeps in the car🤣

meenboli

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
What's with the boot misalignment (I have misalignmentophobia...) ??

I spotted (in the showroom) a slight misalignment where the rear side panel protruded slightly from the tailgate lid - but only on one side.

I don't think I've owned a car that I haven't taken back to have something lined up - I can sense them groaning when I turn up at a showroom. 😂

Citizen

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What's with the boot misalignment (I have misalignmentophobia...) ??

I spotted (in the showroom) a slight misalignment where the rear side panel protruded slightly from the tailgate lid - but only on one side.

I don't think I've owned a car that I haven't taken back to have something lined up - I can sense them groaning when I turn up at a showroom. 😂

Check 3:30

webfoot

Reaction score
Ian,

Interested in what size your garage is (since I have the same dilemma). Width of the door gap.? Width of the garage inside? Please do tell.