• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First viewing at Bell & Covill

All this talk of ride height... We just need to know if the factory suspension is height adjustable from the factory or not.
valid point, my assumptions was it'd be same as the evora gt, but would be nice if we could adjust and corner balance the car!

Will do my best tonight 😁
I wasn’t expecting too much but the car has real presence in the metal, which hadn’t come across in pictures.

Attachments

• 25EA1CA0-E876-417B-B8CE-3823CB621B5C.jpeg
    25EA1CA0-E876-417B-B8CE-3823CB621B5C.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 221
  • D1EF4FB2-D7A3-4EFC-851B-D5CB36A005D5.png
    D1EF4FB2-D7A3-4EFC-851B-D5CB36A005D5.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 225
  • 55E8AE34-E979-41D0-BC9E-10A93F44B143.jpeg
    55E8AE34-E979-41D0-BC9E-10A93F44B143.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 229
  • EBFFFEA9-0F3E-4323-B62A-059B4D45158F.png
    EBFFFEA9-0F3E-4323-B62A-059B4D45158F.png
    343.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 742E62F4-02DB-40A7-A2FE-EF986B7212C0.jpeg
    742E62F4-02DB-40A7-A2FE-EF986B7212C0.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 239
  • 887BAFF7-24A0-4D52-B485-A77640888A05.jpeg
    887BAFF7-24A0-4D52-B485-A77640888A05.jpeg
    197.5 KB · Views: 234
All this talk of ride height... We just need to know if the factory suspension is height adjustable from the factory or not.
It’s not height adjustable. You’d have to do your own aftermarket change.

It’s not the food and drink, it’s the people that show up! 😏
I'm going to a small development of luxury houses today. I might, or might not buy one off plan. There is a new show home that's just opened, and I do expect a full 7 course meal to be served in the dining room.
How else would I gauge the ability of the kitchen?
Along with the other 300 people going to see the house over the next few days, I will be sorely disappointed if I don't get treated like royalty.

The red color looks like Ferrari Corsa Red. But the configurator's magna red looks metallic. It definitely looks better than I expected.

The red color looks like Ferrari Corsa Red. But the configurator's magna red looks metallic. It definitely looks better than I expected.
I snapped a quick photo of the magma red next to my Ferrari key which is painted Rosso Corsa metallic for comparison. It is slightly darker but not nearly as dark as it appears in the configurator.

DSC_0271.JPG

Does the speedo screen really look that washed out in real life or is it a camera thing? If it does appear washed out in real life, has anyone at Lotus commented on whether that will be rectified for the production version?

Does the speedo screen really look that washed out in real life or is it a camera thing? If it does appear washed out in real life, has anyone at Lotus commented on whether that will be rectified for the production version?
It looked okay to me - well, better than in pictures (including mine). It's just running through a demo video so there's no active content. I imagine backlight control will be under software control in a menu somewhere and hence will come later, once the real control software and user settings screens are in place (perhaps even with a light sensor feeding into it). I'm not worried, yet.

Email received from Lotus to build my car. How long is this going to take! :)
Just completed mine. It worried that my confirmation order email says START of production is currently set for spring 2022. Not delivery!!

So I managed to get to B&C last night to view the Emira. I have to say I came away underwhelmed. The car looks good from the outside - but I have to say some of the Final Edition Exiges looked absolutely stunning to me. But sitting in the Emira was a big disappointment: it really did not feel special or exciting; neither as thrilling as a stripped-back Elise, nor as efficiently comfortable and functional as a Porsche, nor as downright special as British or Italian exotica where just getting in is an occasion. The Emira was none of these; I just found it pretty bland.

I think it's my age, but I really dislike big touchscreens controlling everything in cars. I crave something tactile, and touchscreens and touch pads on the steering wheel really don't do it for me. I want to feel like I'm driving a car, not an iPad with wheels, and the Emira's central display just looks stuck on (my wife actually assumed it was a removable tablet). I'm all for digital displays where appropriate, but please give me at least an old-fashioned rev counter with a needle, and some controls that I can feel. I buy my cars to drive them, both on the road and on the track and the interior, where I spend most of my time, is more important than having a sexy exterior.

So I will be following the Emira's journey with interest and fully understand why everyone is so excited about it. I wish Lotus every success, but sadly it's not for me and I will not be coming along on the journey this time; I have just cancelled my order.

Travelling back from B&C my overwhelming feeling was: how sad that the Elise and Exige are no more - true drivers' cars, unlike anything else available, and the like of which we will probably never see again.

Lotus est mort. Vive Lotus.

So I managed to get to B&C last night to view the Emira. I have to say I came away underwhelmed. The car looks good from the outside - but I have to say some of the Final Edition Exiges looked absolutely stunning to me. But sitting in the Emira was a big disappointment: it really did not feel special or exciting; neither as thrilling as a stripped-back Elise, nor as efficiently comfortable and functional as a Porsche, nor as downright special as British or Italian exotica where just getting in is an occasion. The Emira was none of these; I just found it pretty bland.

I think it's my age, but I really dislike big touchscreens controlling everything in cars. I crave something tactile, and touchscreens and touch pads on the steering wheel really don't do it for me. I want to feel like I'm driving a car, not an iPad with wheels, and the Emira's central display just looks stuck on (my wife actually assumed it was a removable tablet). I'm all for digital displays where appropriate, but please give me at least an old-fashioned rev counter with a needle, and some controls that I can feel. I buy my cars to drive them, both on the road and on the track and the interior, where I spend most of my time, is more important than having a sexy exterior.

So I will be following the Emira's journey with interest and fully understand why everyone is so excited about it. I wish Lotus every success, but sadly it's not for me and I will not be coming along on the journey this time; I have just cancelled my order.

Travelling back from B&C my overwhelming feeling was: how sad that the Elise and Exige are no more - true drivers' cars, unlike anything else available, and the like of which we will probably never see again.

Lotus est mort. Vive Lotus.
Agree about the ipad and the dials - would much prefer a more integrated approach for the iPad and I think the screen will date badly. I think the ipad is unfortunately something that needs to be expected in this generation of cars - I see a few solutions are starting to creep in but it does seem the norm at the moment.

The dials - well for me I'd much prefer a physical dial for the important things like rev counter etc, the screen looks a bit cheap but for me its not a deal breaker.

The thing to remember is that is not a production car and so the quality can't easily be judged.

I also went away wanting an exige :)

I also went away wanting an exige :)
... if I hadn't just bought a 2009 Elise SC, I'd be having a serious conversation with the wife about the chrome orange Exige Sport 410. I think it's utterly, utterly stunning, and is everything that Lotus means to me.