• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

First viewing at Bell & Covill

Yeah it’sa little odd for sure. I understand on concept cars they do that but this is a car going into prod so just show customers what they getting. All this “this car is just for display, press etc” indirectly sends a message that “we wish the car really looks like this”
Unless the blue car is completely mocked up and has no suspension, then completely agree. Just set the ride height as it should be. Just be honest, don't over promise and under deliver
I'm buying the Lotus because it rides so well as well, so not bothered about it being slammed

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
from specs Lotus has released on their website, Emira is 1225mm high, and evora gt was 1223mm high, so I'm going to move forward believing that the production stance will be almost identical, and likely neither the blue car nor the dark grey car are "right".

Reactions: Rob
If I spec a Seneca blue emira with black pack and then same wheels as show on the blue show car … will I get that car they are showing us at present ??
Yes in terms of overall configuration, no in terms of ride height and a few other things that are non-production on the show car.

I am for one don’t mind the ride height a little higher, as my garage has a slight slope on entry, and the show cars height would be PITA!
Air rides upgrade anyone?

I am due at B&C tomorrow, but now wondering if there is much point in taking a half day off work and driving up from Southampton, a 3 hour+ round trip?
I saw the car at Goodwood and it seems to be the same 'fake' car that was there. Not sure what going up there will tell me TBH that I don't already know.

Had my call from Lotus today and as I want an i4 FE there is not much to be said until the end of the year it seems.

Asking Scott Walker when at B&C yesterday, he estimated the Launch Edition I4 will be £65-70k and you will have to wait until Jan 2023 if you want one!
I spoke to the guy from Lotus last night and he said 70k and from Nov 🤪. Sound like until they know how many want which cars its hard to define…. Seems mixed messages, just need something official (and autumn is it at the mo)

I spoke to the guy from Lotus last night and he said 70k and from Nov 🤪. Sound like until they know how many want which cars its hard to define…. Seems mixed messages, just need something official (and autumn is it at the mo)
Be interesting to see how many do not want to pick up an i4 FE in autumn / winter and delay until spring 2023 and how that affects Lotus thinking on base release of v6 and i4.

I am due at B&C tomorrow, but now wondering if there is much point in taking a half day off work and driving up from Southampton, a 3 hour+ round trip?
I saw the car at Goodwood and it seems to be the same 'fake' car that was there. Not sure what going up there will tell me TBH that I don't already know.

Had my call from Lotus today and as I want an i4 FE there is not much to be said until the end of the year it seems.
"Fake" seems a bit harsh. It's a show car and they will happily tell you which bits are non-production. if you saw the car at Goodwood you won't see anything different. I found it useful to see it again now specs and pricing are out, to see the exterior and interior samples, talk to the Lotus team about all my questions and to have plenty of time to sit in it and look around with a fairly small group.

If you're going for i4 then you may get a chance to test drive a production/demo V6 before having to finalise your order, so yes you do have more time. I passed 5 petrol stations on the way to B&C, all shut, so that might be a factor too :(

I picked up two bits of additional information for the reps there:
1) expectation is that we will be able to spec the TDC stripe on the steering wheel on FEs.
2) i4 FE is expected to be priced at £75k on the road.
I went today and was told the i4 FE will be £5 lower the V6 FE so will be around £70k.
Car is amazing. Green is very dark. Yellow isn't metallic. Nimbus grey is nothing like on website. They didn't have the ice white leather swatch.
The actual event today was a disappointment. Was hyped to have a big presentation and nice buffet. No presentation from lotus and worst buffet ever

I wouldn't bother

If you were at Goodwood (and sat in the car) the only new things at the event are the colour and material swatches. The photos on here are a good representation for those. You are right that going won’t tell you anything new, though it is a chance to ask questions. It’s not really worth a mission of a journey IMO.

"Fake" seems a bit harsh. It's a show car and they will happily tell you which bits are non-production. if you saw the car at Goodwood you won't see anything different. I found it useful to see it again now specs and pricing are out, to see the exterior and interior samples, talk to the Lotus team about all my questions and to have plenty of time to sit in it and look around with a fairly small group.

If you're going for i4 then you may get a chance to test drive a production/demo V6 before having to finalise your order, so yes you do have more time. I passed 5 petrol stations on the way to B&C, all shut, so that might be a factor too :(
Fake in the sense it says it's an i4 but it's just got an electric motor in it.

Can't see or hear it running.

Already sat in the grey one.

Fairly decided on spec only questions I have really are a simple one like can leather seats have yellow stitching.

Fully resonate with your report back Pav. I too was a B&C last evening. The car is clearly beautiful but Lotus really have to up their game on marketing and the customer expererience if they want to compete with Porsche and the premium marques that they are positioning the Emira against. The team at B&C were very friendly and knowledgeable, and Russell was very inspiring. But, beyond that, it felt very low budget, mass market and amateur hour. I did not feel special at all as a early depositor and my wife (who is less of a car enthusiast) was very unimpressed. Definitely did not feel the way I would want to when buying a £75k car and the experience makes me nervous whether Lotus will be able to up their game.

The contrast to my experience when buying the Alpine A110 is stark - they made it personal, small group and intimate. And made the depositors feel special when they launched the new Studio in London - we had a private event. And they were still amateurs compared to the other marques.

However, the Emira is still undoubtedly compelling and feels special in itself. So, I am going ahead with the next step of my order and excited about that. Let's hope the marketing team get their act together on the experience. And I am looking forward to driving it in spring - that will be the clincher!!
Totally agree

Did they give you the option to change to v6??

Fake in the sense it says it's an i4 but it's just got an electric motor in it.

Can't see or hear it running.

Already sat in the grey one.

Fairly decided on spec only questions I have really are a simple one like can leather seats have yellow stitching.
OK, so like most other show cars at car shows the world over - no engine and set up to look attractive. The engine bay and interior is the i4 version.

OK, so like most other show cars at car shows the world over - no engine and set up to look attractive. The engine bay and interior is the i4 version.
Which is fine for Goodwood.

Was hoping when at the dealer we'd see a new colour or something that runs.

I think you may be setting too high standards. But just my opinion, no judgement. I was a the Lambo Huracan tour and it was probably what you would expect, violins, champagne, food. I was also at two separate Corvette C8 tours and from the pictures posted it looked very much like what the pictures showed here on this thread, or "low rent" as you may imply. I have to say, I enjoyed the Corvette tour over the pretentious stuffy Lambo Tour. The Lambo tour was all about image, the Corvette tour was just a bunch of down to earth people who were car guys and car gals who just wanted to get their hands on the car, and talk car. It could have been hosted inside a service garage and everyone would have been just as jacked up and happy.

These tours are about the car. They are not an experience to be had as if you were arriving at a hotel, resort or an event. ( but instead more like a Sunday cars and coffee). No one gets " dressed up" to go to a car tour, expecting a 5 star "experience".

People go to see the car, hang with other car enthusiasts, and talk car. Thats all.
Agree. I won’t go to the Porsche events that I’m constantly invited to at my dealer, nor did I go to the McLaren event that I was invited to because I hate the pretentiousness of those things.

All this talk of ride height... We just need to know if the factory suspension is height adjustable from the factory or not.