First Emira has hit BaT

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
In my opinion, and with the overwhelming praise this car has received, the hype will last through at least this year. I do not blame dealers for charging markup on these cars -- they were only beholden to the original reserving customer to honor MSRP (and the $10k-less FE1 MSRP, at that). I fully expect dealers to charge FE2 pricing on FE1's at the very least, as with what I've heard from the dealers I spoke with there is still a year-long wait if you were to order one today. There are many buyers out there that will pay $5-$10k over FE2 MSRP to get in one immediately instead of having to wait a year+.
Overwhelming praise? Hardly. The reviews have not been overly positive. I would say the build, electrical, and paint issues will hurt sales badly. Not taking in to account the terrible Lotus customer service.

Gprodigy

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Currently 98K 6days left

...and on FB it's getting 'overwhelming praise', there was a thread with several current owners saying they love the Emira with no regrets of buying it even with flaws. Which I was surprised to read vs. here.

Car Forums naturally will have more complaints, due to their purpose of solving issues.

Last edited:

robrmon

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Currently 98K 6days left

...and on FB it's getting 'overwhelming praise', there was a thread with several current owners saying they love the Emira with no regrets of buying it even with flaws. Which I was surprised to read vs. here.

Car Forums naturally will have more complaints, due to their purpose of solving issues.
I’m not reading too much into the current bid with respect to the time left. We all know this is floored at $100k or so, the first bid could have been $100k and I wouldn’t have been surprised, it’s the last bid that counts.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Overwhelming praise? Hardly. The reviews have not been overly positive. I would say the build, electrical, and paint issues will hurt sales badly. Not taking in to account the terrible Lotus customer service.
The praise has certainly been mixed... all North American reviewers have given the Emira mostly praise, but all of them noted the drawbacks of a low volume car. I must say I have now seen many finished production Emira's and for the vast majority paint and build quality seems to be fairly good. (apart from very early V6's 2022 build year) The electronics is where it falls apart a bit. Even for a car that has very little in the way of modern tech, the amount of electrical gremlins is shocking and wreaking havoc on dealers to sort out. How many software updates are we at since launch? I think I have counted 6 since 2022 and 3 major recalls. (steering pumps, wiper motors, seatbelt?) The recalls are all sorted since mid last year, but looks like the software updates aren't done yet along with sensors that seem to go? I am fairly certain the water egress to the ecu was modified and fixed on later 2023 cars as well, can't remember where I read that? Anyway, they seem to have gotten the build quality a lot better for the most part. Electronics... not yet.

Oh and CS..... not good.

Sjetware

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm predicting 120k for the final bid. Someone coming in off the street for an MSRP build at a dealer, even with no markup is paying 115k otd with taxes and such.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'm predicting 120k for the final bid. Someone coming in off the street for an MSRP build at a dealer, even with no markup is paying 115k otd with taxes and such.

Why would someone pay $120K plus $7.5K in BaT fees and still have to pay all the various taxes and registration in their state if applicable when there’s been a handful of Emiras on ebay, facebook marketplace etc for sale as low as $110K without any auction fees for a few weeks now?

scc.131.fe

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know it shouldn't but It kinda makes me mad that someone ordered, took delivery, and is now selling while the rest of us are still waiting.
how do we know someone bought it? doesnt the BAT listing say it's being sold by dealer?

hbar

Reaction score
Higher than I would have expected by now, 98K. I guess FE1 MSRP is in the rearview and FE2 MSRP after BaT fees is getting very close. My general sense is that there is not a lot of inventory yet. I only see a few listings that look real online, all over 110. It's going to be interesting to see how this changes as cars get delivered in large volumes over the next few weeks/months.

squish

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looking at the high bidder’s profile. OMG. This person has purchased over a dozen high end cars on BaT. I would hate to be bidding against him. Or her😀
Looking at their comment history it appears they are a broker.

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
The praise has certainly been mixed... all North American reviewers have given the Emira mostly praise, but all of them noted the drawbacks of a low volume car. I must say I have now seen many finished production Emira's and for the vast majority paint and build quality seems to be fairly good. (apart from very early V6's 2022 build year) The electronics is where it falls apart a bit. Even for a car that has very little in the way of modern tech, the amount of electrical gremlins is shocking and wreaking havoc on dealers to sort out. How many software updates are we at since launch? I think I have counted 6 since 2022 and 3 major recalls. (steering pumps, wiper motors, seatbelt?) The recalls are all sorted since mid last year, but looks like the software updates aren't done yet along with sensors that seem to go? I am fairly certain the water egress to the ecu was modified and fixed on later 2023 cars as well, can't remember where I read that? Anyway, they seem to have gotten the build quality a lot better for the most part. Electronics... not yet.

Oh and CS..... not good.
I think paint issues are limited to only a few people. Says me with my beautifully painted 22 V6 :)

Fasttoys

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Looking at the high bidder’s profile. OMG. This person has purchased over a dozen high end cars on BaT. I would hate to be bidding against him. Or her😀
At that volume, it must be wholesalers.

Stiffarm

Reaction score
Why would someone pay $120K plus $7.5K in BaT fees and still have to pay all the various taxes and registration in their state if applicable when there’s been a handful of Emiras on ebay, facebook marketplace etc for sale as low as $110K without any auction fees for a few weeks now?
BAT buyer fee is capped at 5%