First Emira has hit BaT

Vampyre

Reaction score
Wondering why list to a limited audience with crazy fees to sell.

Vampyre

Reaction score
Huh? BaT might be one of if not the largest captive audience there is.
And seller's fee is only $99
seems forced sales values and I think cars.c0m is much larger than BaT, and no forced sales. The only one I can think of using BaT was the blue Emira that was beat on in FL.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
seems forced sales values and I think cars.c0m is much larger than BaT, and no forced sales. The only one I can think of using BaT was the blue Emira that was beat on in FL.
You can literally set a required minimum. There is no forced sale unless it hits your minimum amount. I've sold a car on BAT before. Excellent experience.

OP
LuckysDad

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I really don't get what your saying.
How is BaT a "forced sale"?
It's an auction site with millions of potential bidders.
The car has a reserve.
IMO, BaT is the true arbitor of real value rather than a price placed on by a seller or dealer on a standard classified site like Cars.com

Vampyre

Reaction score
I really don't get what your saying.
How is BaT a "forced sale"?
It's an auction site with millions of potential bidders.
The car has a reserve.
IMO, BaT is the true arbitor of real value rather than a price placed on by a seller or dealer on a standard classified site like Cars.com
No worries, if you like BaT, but it would not be my choice, I have read about problems I don't want to deal with, as seller and buyer.

cyanmauve

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Let's play a Price-Is-Right game on if it sells, what it sells for.

Winner gets a pair of Tillett seats with color matched OEM leather pads, and JUBU 500 power upgrade.

OP
LuckysDad

LuckysDad

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm in.
I say somebody with no patience and f/u money will pay $125k plus the 5% buyers fee

Duhutch

Reaction score
Bid to $118,500...."Reserve not met"! Do i still get the seats if it hits the price but does not sell?

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Remember to add 5% to winning bid up to $5000. Buyer pays the fee on BaT.
It’s up to $7,500 now.

I personally would not pay over MSRP for this car. If anything, I can wait and expect a discount. The car market, like the luxury watch market, has started trending down. I have two local Lotus dealers offering me cars that people bailed on: one dealer at MSRP+$10K while the other is straight MSRP.

Say what you will about late comers should pay ADM, I don’t believe in that. MSRP is MSRP and the wait was done by someone already. They chose not to buy the car and pass it down. Why should the new buyer have to pay ADM just because they didn’t get in line. Perhaps they have been waiting on the sidelines to see what happens. I don’t play the ADM game for anything and also believe, like some on here, that these will sell below MSRP by end of year. The hype has worn off and flippers realized there’s no money to be made here.

Last edited:

driv300mph

Reaction score
It’s up to $7,500 now.

I personally would not pay over MSRP for this car. If anything, I can wait and expect a discount. The car market, like the luxury watch market, has started trending down. I have two local Lotus dealers offering me cars that people bailed on: one dealer at MSRP+$10K while the other is straight MSRP.

Say what you will about late comers should pay ADM, I don’t believe in that. MSRP is MSRP and the wait was done by someone already. They chose not to buy the car and pass it down. Why should the new buyer have to pay ADM just because they didn’t get in line. Perhaps they have been waiting on the sidelines to see what happens. I don’t play the ADM game for anything and also believe, like some on here, that these will sell below MSRP by end of year. The hype has worn off and flippers realized there’s no money to be made here.

In my opinion, and with the overwhelming praise this car has received, the hype will last through at least this year. I do not blame dealers for charging markup on these cars -- they were only beholden to the original reserving customer to honor MSRP (and the $10k-less FE1 MSRP, at that). I fully expect dealers to charge FE2 pricing on FE1's at the very least, as with what I've heard from the dealers I spoke with there is still a year-long wait if you were to order one today. There are many buyers out there that will pay $5-$10k over FE2 MSRP to get in one immediately instead of having to wait a year+.

Last edited:

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It'll be interesting to see if Emiras sell for FE1.0 pricing or FE2.0 pricing (or neither).