First Eletre rolls off Chinese production line.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I have a deposit on one but I'm going to need to get in one before fully going ahead. Very small boot for the size of car and the interior looks like it would last 5 minutes with the kids. Also around £100k the price point is getting near to EQS SUV, range rover etc when they come out.
yes the boot worries me too with the dogs.... pathetic for a huge car. Would have been good with sliding rear seats... ionic 5 style...
I love the interior, but yes, who knows how it will last..... they will have stiff competition if 100k plus extras....

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
yes the boot worries me too with the dogs.... pathetic for a huge car. Would have been good with sliding rear seats... ionic 5 style...
I love the interior, but yes, who knows how it will last..... they will have stiff competition if 100k plus extras....
Proper Range Rover territory @ 100k - admittedly its an EV but its still going to be compared to ICE SUV's

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Does anyone know if there has been any Eletre deliveries in China yet? News of the factory opening has been a while ago... Just wondering what is happening with that. Also no pricing has been revealed as far as I can tell.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there has been any Eletre deliveries in China yet? News of the factory opening has been a while ago... Just wondering what is happening with that. Also no pricing has been revealed as far as I can tell.
Deliveries will happen sometime in 2023. Although the factory building has been completed, I assume they're finalizing specs, doing testing and strategizing for the ramp up.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I really hope that the Eletre takes off… I don’t think the Emira will be able to dig itself out of the current hole. Besides a few cars trickling out of the factory, end of September is well around 8 months of no meaningful car sales and a fair amount of expense. I was hoping Eletre would offset some of this, but it’s not looking too positive. Geely must be feeling worried at the moment. In all honesty I am rather surprised and the slow roll out. Three months ago when Matt Windle did his video of the delays, I thought ok it’s getting sorted. I am sure the car developed is great, but the business case is starting to look murky at best. Auto gearbox looks to be another major misstep, even if it is a low amount of sales, and the backtracking of not offering the V6 in China shows another wealth of issues and that they may be more desperate for funding than any one of us think. Evija is another car with zero deliveries to date. Legitimately worried for the financial health of Lotus.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
No Electre deliveries (not so close I believe) but they seem to have produced a fair number of demo cars (far more plentiful than Emira). No news on pricing yet, only some thoughts regards what the pricing point will be from Lotus sales people in China. Prices are due to be released fairly soon I believe, maybe within a month.

Have you seen one in the flesh? To me it’s pretty cool (A LOT of carbon on demo cars) but it doesn’t blow me away (but not crazy about SUVs in general). Maybe need to see it on the road.

lion shf

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Yuck
Z1TRa8j.jpg

Buadqlm.jpg

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have my Eletre number plate o retention in WA ultimately it will depend on the on road cost

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
This is interesting and linked to Geely/Lotus

Then again it could just be click bait waffle..

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The last I heard was UK pricing due in Q4 and first UK deliveries next year.

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
TBH, I think the KIA looks better than the Lotus.
I'm not keen on SUVs at all. They seem to be large just for the sake of it, which is probably why they're popular. The touring BMW, Audi and Mercedes are far better to look at and just as practical. I do agree though that the Kia is better looking than the Eletre.