First Edition Dash Badge

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Really liked the subtle badge next to the selector. Really not keen on the dash one.

As an i4 customer who has a year to wait I hope lotus makes the dash badge optional.
Just seems a shame to position it so prominentlyin such a large expanse of leather.
If you don't like it you are a stuck with it

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So Rainier is from the Earth (cool), however my ship (the Enterprise NCC 1701) and I have traveled past the edge of the Milky Way...3 times. Top that guys! 🚀 My Emira will just be my newest shuttlecraft. Live long and prosper.
Screenshot_20220904-054037_Tumblr.jpg

Rainier

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Wow. You win the prize for furthest distance travelled to join this Forum. You're probably a stickler for rotating your tires, usually Continental, I presume .
No, not a Porche owner; long time Elise owner.

I hope people realize I was just having a bit of cheeky fun .... that's what the Elise is about anyway...:)

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I did also mean to say I have a year to get used to it 😔
Man, this Emira dash badge is a super hot topic and justifiably so. To badge or not to badge and where? It’s such a personal thing.

EM12A LS

Reaction score
Are there any images of the New interior first edition badge ?

Moderator edit: question moved here from another thread

Last edited by a moderator:

EM12A LS

Reaction score
Thanks hadn't spotted the thread, so most people are not keen on it.
Seems unnecessary clutter, I rather it wasn't there.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks hadn't spotted the thread, so most people are not keen on it.
Seems unnecessary clutter, I rather it wasn't there.

Most of us agree. I wanted a more special/numbered/signed plaque... and placed somewhere other than the top of the dash.

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Most of us agree. I wanted a more special/numbered/signed plaque... and placed somewhere other than the top of the dash.
Just so Basic/ boring - let’s plonk it here as a afterthought, definitely not special, surely they could of come up with something better than this and like most agree placement is not good should of been on the ledge down.

EM12A LS

Reaction score
Just so Basic/ boring - let’s plonk it here as a afterthought, definitely not special, surely they could of come up with something better than this and like most agree placement is not good should of been on the ledge down.
Perhaps its in different location depending on Auto or Manual
There seems a good logical spot for it on the Auto's
1662994646243.png

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Marmite badge.

Why didn't they fit it in the lower section? Would have looked loads better.
I suspect that the passenger airbag location prevents this - there's probably a soft breakaway flap in the lower panel which could cause injury if adorned with a badge.... :

Attachments

• airbag.jpg
    airbag.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 43

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I suspect that the passenger airbag location prevents this - there's probably a soft breakaway flap in the lower panel which could cause injury if adorned with a badge.... :
I'd probably rather have a badge lodged in my (well, more likely my wife's 😇) forehead than have to look at it smack-dab in the middle of that lovely expanse of dash TBH.

Fine friends at Lotus, if you are reading this: it looks super awkward. Please leave this off and rethink. Down low, on the glove box perhaps.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just let us slow Auto box choosers keep it in it's original place., no mesh for us
Price to pay for a few EXTRA days/months delay?

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'd probably rather have a badge lodged in my (well, more likely my wife's 😇) forehead than have to look at it smack-dab in the middle of that lovely expanse of dash TBH.

Fine friends at Lotus, if you are reading this: it looks super awkward. Please leave this off and rethink. Down low, on the glove box perhaps.
Yeah but just think the wife would always have a FE stamp on her forehead to always remind you of the time it took over two years for Emira to turn up.. 🤕

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I’m just going to say…

Has there been one example of Lotus accepting or acting on forum feedback? If anything, it seems they don’t really care. IIRC, Tom attempted many times to influence Lotus and my impression was it mostly fell on deaf ears or they heard him but didn’t do shit with the feedback.

I’m not trying to hate on Lotus. I still want the damn thing but the company doesn’t seem to focus on the customer experience.

#forthedrivers but also not #forpeoplewithcriticalfeedback

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yeah but just think the wife would always have a FE stamp on her forehead to always remind you of the time it took over two years for Emira to turn up.. 🤕
Not sure she'd appreciate being branded my "first edition" though... And I haven't even found a replacement yet!