• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

FE I4 $99,900 😞

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
They went from $85-$100k. I know it’s the same bump as the V6 but I was hoping people that had deposits since 2021 would have some cushion.

I suppose none of them got the older price like the V6 FE?

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Still says Q2 2023. It's officially Q3.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Just checked and it got updated to Q3 2023.

IMG_6053.jpeg

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yeah, I'm not crazy surprised. If you are in the US, and not part of that first 700 FE1.0 you were always going to pay more.

OP
M

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not crazy surprised. If you are in the US, and not part of that first 700 FE1.0 you were always going to pay more.
On the list for the I4 FE but my dealer said if a V6 canceled I was first to call to see if I wanted it at the lower price.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
On the list for the I4 FE but my dealer said if a V6 canceled I was first to call to see if I wanted it at the lower price.
I dont believe it works like that. The locked in prices were reserved via driver licenses here in the US through Lotus in the UK. This prevents me selling my allocation to you.

OP
M

MajHall04

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I dont believe it works like that. The locked in prices were reserved via driver licenses here in the US through Lotus in the UK. This prevents me selling my allocation to you.
I have my $2500 and license in July 2021. That’s should account for something.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have my $2500 and license in July 2021. That’s should account for something.
Yeah, but what I am saying, is those that were locked into the 93,900 are allocated to a specific person. So from my understanding they cant just MOVE a person into those slots because Lotus already has them designated to a person. At least thats what my dealer told me, so who knows really.

Lets say I want to give you my FE slot, my dealer would say no. Its already been asked.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am dumbfounded that a V6 dropout wouldn't be offered to the next V6 depositor in line. Talk about resentment.

action_turtle

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I am dumbfounded that a V6 dropout wouldn't be offered to the next V6 depositor in line. Talk about resentment.
If you dropout then you should go to the back of the line, and accept the price at the time of rejoining. Else you will have lots of people dropping in and out and making a mess (even more of a mess) of the production line. Why would you drop out and then rejoin anyways?

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd think the I4 and transmission would cost more for Lotus than the old V6 combo. I bet the V6 price is inflated simply due to demand and perception.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'd think the I4 and transmission would cost more for Lotus than the old V6 combo. I bet the V6 price is inflated simply due to demand and perception.
There is more manual rework with the V6. They have to take it apart, build it back up, mate it with the super charger, etc. Rework labor like this is much more costly than production line labor.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
There is more manual rework with the V6. They have to take it apart, build it back up, mate it with the super charger, etc. Rework labor like this is much more costly than production line labor.
Based on how good Lotus is at everything else, I like to believe the way they will add the I4 to the line will be to simply make V6 cars and then at the very end add an engine swap station. They could then charge MORE for the I4 😂

CHEESE

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Was mostly referring to the actual costs of the engine/trans. I wouldn't be surprised if total cost (including parts, labor, development, engineering) of the I4 Emira is more than the V6 Emira.