Factory Tour Thread

eriegz

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes.. I can really see the warehouse and operational teams being bowled over with happiness at the sight of my gorgeous new Lotus 😂
Ok then, some other options:
  • Show up with donuts & coffee for everyone
  • Let them sit in it / check out the engine
  • Take them out for a spin
I certainly wouldn't feel resentful if someone did the above for me! :)

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ok then, some other options:
  • Show up with donuts & coffee for everyone
  • Let them sit in it / check out the engine
  • Take them out for a spin
I certainly wouldn't feel resentful if someone did the above for me! :)
Yeah will see if Liz Truss has finished off our economy or not in the next 8 weeks

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to have a "my other cars a Porsche" sticker on my 300 pound Skoda Fabia 😅 (I had a Porsche at the time of course so)

I want to get a sticker on my GTI that says "My daily driver is your race car." :ROFLMAO: That might actually upset some though! And to be fair, the GTI is a blast on the track. I just roll my eyes when I see all these younger owners with their pops & bangs tunes dropping thousands of dollars into a FWD hot hatch then bringing it to the drag strip to run 15s instead taking it to a proper road course and actually increasing driving ability.

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yes.. I can really see the warehouse and operational teams being bowled over with happiness at the sight of my gorgeous new Lotus 😂
I hear ya, I have a 12 year old sports car that was gifted to me. Nothing special but looks very nice and is perfect condition. I show up to work and even that gets me the stink eye. The company I work for is all about doing good in the world so anyone showing up in a fancy car doesn't go over well. The CEO still drives a 30yo Honda. Thus, the Lotus and my other cars never go anywhere near the office. Should I care, no, but I don't need extra issues at work in my life

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
At this rate I may need something a little more under the radar than the Emira. A Q car Yaris maybe 🤔 😅
At present in all good conscience I dont think I could turn up to work in something that looks like it cost £100k+ Would honestly feel like I'm rubbing people's noses in it as so many are suffering.
And yup I care too much! 🤪
I’m 100% with you on this.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I hear ya, I have a 12 year old sports car that was gifted to me. Nothing special but looks very nice and is perfect condition. I show up to work and even that gets me the stink eye. The company I work for is all about doing good in the world so anyone showing up in a fancy car doesn't go over well. The CEO still drives a 30yo Honda. Thus, the Lotus and my other cars never go anywhere near the office. Should I care, no, but I don't need extra issues at work in my life
Don't fall for that apparent trap. The CEO may not like flashy cars but have a 1000 bottle wine cellar with $1,000 wines. It's all relative and if people judge you then maybe you are not in great company...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I used to have a "my other cars a Porsche" sticker on my 300 pound Skoda Fabia 😅 (I had a Porsche at the time of course so)
Problem. Solved.
72491030-8813-48C4-8E48-96551D60E812.jpeg

JXJ

Reaction score
2001 Skoda Fabia my second car and the dogs first car 😎

motorpool

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't fall for that apparent trap. The CEO may not like flashy cars but have a 1000 bottle wine cellar with $1,000 wines. It's all relative and if people judge you then maybe you are not in great company...
Agree it's all relative and context matters. The company is really good but there will always be people that judge, it's just human nature. Almost everyone is paid a good bit less than market wages but money isn't why people work here. I've busted hump and saved, invested, made good financial decisions that have allowed me to be in a position to have fun toys. For me, I've decided not to make it a talking point and just enjoy on the weekends. But when I drive my large 2500 that is also expensive, no one gives it a second look. Funny how that works.