❔ QUESTION Factory Tour 12th May

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I’ve got a factory tour booked on the 12th May; happy to ask any questions you might have?

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Still can't unsee the damn fan/flower in these wheels. I know all you guys who have seen this wheel style in person say otherwise. It must be the worst photograph illusion ever.
It is bizarre, but they look real good in the flesh, honestly!

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Uh oh.

#ForTheWheelGapWatchers
D2D21EC6-4EAE-4674-8287-CF13C72FABD9.jpeg

Same car from distance - didn’t honestly think wheel gap looked too bad on this one

kratedisease

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
11lbs only? Geeze.. So only 2.75lbs saved per corner with the forged wheels. That's really surprising.
remember that these wheels have to be strong enough or thick enough be streetable to deal with potholes.

If they are not thick enough and deform due to pothole hits..... a lot of owners are going to request a class action lawsuit.

Happened with the corvette C7 OEM wheels.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
View attachment 5602
Certainly better than the gap on the Turbo Esprit parked next to it ….
Almost every esprit I've ever seen sits higher than you would think optimal, I think it's partly to do with Lotus's always excellent chassis allowing softer suspension set up (for better traction and better handling on sub-optimal surfaces) and, therefore needing to accommodate more suspension travel.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Almost every esprit I've ever seen sits higher than you would think optimal, I think it's partly to do with Lotus's always excellent chassis allowing softer suspension set up (for better traction and better handling on sub-optimal surfaces) and, therefore needing to accommodate more suspension travel.
I’m saying the original picture looks great and people are going to question everything now. :)
Sorry, misinterpreted your comment 😂

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
When was this Emira produced? I think this looks good. Better than the Aussie one. If it was recently and not the initial debut car, my anxiety can subside 🤪
I would hazard a guess that this Seneca car is an old build by the First Edition badge design.

In early builds, the (1) is lightly shaded. Later pre-production or VP builds have the newer badge that has more contrast in the (1).

Old "jelly sticker" badge:
old-badge.png

New badge:
new-badge.png

#forthedetectives

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Saw several different sets of silver wheels on cars, including those from the configurator - my comment re not liking them was just in relation to the Nimbus car with them on - the 2 different shades of silver just clashed in my eyes. Think they will be fine with other colours
What was your opinion of the silver forged wheels compared to the others?

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Saw all the colours at the factory today, and for what it’s worth these are my personal views:
DV - is dark, but you can still see it’s green on at least some of the surfaces, even in low light. Looks sophisticated, especially with tan leather (which is not at all orange), although appreciate may not be bold enough for some.
Nimbus - would describe as champagne in certain lights, although there were some panels on racks with very little light on them and it almost looked like Nardo. Personally didn’t like with silver wheels, black would be my choice. Surprisingly I’m not sure it needs upper b/p having seen both with & without.
Magma - wasn’t really on my radar, but super nice in the flesh, especially with black wheels. Reminded me of Alfa’s red for the Giulia GTA, lots of depth to it.
Seneca - darker than I remembered, but really like it, will certainly garner attention! Again, not sure it needs upper b/p, and liked with either black or dc wheels (was concerned about the flower/fan effect of the DC wheels after seeing the China Pictures of the DV car, but in real life they are not at all like that - look expensive (and probably will be to maintain!), but are my pick).
Hethel - big surprise for me, as thought it was a bit too mid-life crisis, but really stood out in the factory. I would order black roof/wheels/callipers for the full wasp effect!
Shadow - for me, the only colour that didn’t really look special. Definite blue hue to it up close, just a bit underwhelming on a car like this.
Please don’t shoot me, just my personal opinion, and I know everyone has their own.
Totally agree with you re: the shadow not looking special - think they could of made this colour more interesting/ vibrant as i usually love this type of colour - and this is backed up by the low amount of orders for this colour

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
What was your opinion of the silver forged wheels compared to the others?
Why can’t they at least include actual photos of the wheels in the electronic brochure or in the ordering website- blumin ridiculous people still trying to get tiny fragments of info from everyone on here so that they can make an informed choice ! Ridiculous how much travelling people or doing to get a glimpse to be rest assured about their orders. Maybe we should sign a massive petition and deliver that !

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Everything's a first. First for this car, first for the wheels, first for this production facility, first for the paint system, first time being majority owned by a Chinese company and having their involvement in things, first time Matt Windle has been MD in charge of producing a new model, first time Lotus hasn't had an existing car to sell to bring in money while getting a new one ready for production, first time there's been a global pandemic in our lives, first time we've seen a supply chain disruption like this since we moved to a technology society, etc. Lots and lots of firsts.

Keep all that in mind if you don't see things working as though this has all been running smoothly for years and should be doing better, and adjust your expectations accordingly. We're the first customers for the new Lotus and it's first new car. Most of you probably don't realize it yet, but this is an historic moment and experience. It isn't often that you get to be in on something like this, especially with an historic marque like Lotus.

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Everything's a first. First for this car, first for the wheels, first for this production facility, first for the paint system, first time being majority owned by a Chinese company and having their involvement in things, first time Matt Windle has been MD in charge of producing a new model, first time Lotus hasn't had an existing car to sell to bring in money while getting a new one ready for production, first time there's been a global pandemic in our lives, first time we've seen a supply chain disruption like this since we moved to a technology society, etc. Lots and lots of firsts.

Keep all that in mind if you don't see things working as though this has all been running smoothly for years and should be doing better, and adjust your expectations accordingly. We're the first customers for the new Lotus and it's first new car. Most of you probably don't realize it yet, but this is an historic moment and experience. It isn't often that you get to be in on something like this, especially with an historic marque like Lotus.
First time I'm buying a Lotus, first time buying a new car

#forTheFirstTimers

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
You're getting a beauty. It's a first, but also the last and best overall ICE car Lotus has or ever will produce. Next begins the electric era, but they will never sound like the howl of a V6 Emira.
Exactly why I'm getting it, last chance for a tuneful manual V6 that drives as good as it looks, probably the last ICE car I'll buy