• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

F1 2023

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Any F1 fans in here? Will RB dominate again? Will ALO and Aston Martin really fight for podiums? Will Ferrari be able to really challenge for victories?

In the meantime, have a laugh:

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Big F1 fan here. Having watched the qualifying yesterday, looks like we could be on for an exciting season with some surprises. Good to see the gaps between the teams have closed up quite a bit 👍

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any F1 fans in here? Will RB dominate again? Will ALO and Aston Martin really fight for podiums? Will Ferrari be able to really challenge for victories?

In the meantime, have a laugh:
Big Fan here for a few decades. I´m still stuck on Ayrton Senna.
Too early to tell, but it really looks like we could be up for interesting competition this year.
I believe Verstappen and Red Bull are the perfect combo to win the championship again.
Aston looks like have gone a huge step from last year, and in the hands of Alonso, I hope we see good fights, maybe Alonso/Hamilton revival would be amazing.
If Aston ends up 4th/5th, maybe my old DB9 regains some re-sell value in Spain 🤪
As for my other Spaniard, Carlos, I hope to see him winning a few races, and if there is big fights, he has a slight chance for Championship.

GlobalPilot777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Big fan and Max supporter here. Looks like hes going for his 3rd victory this season. Merc and AM (Alonso) looking strong so its going to be a great year ahead.. looking forward. And always great to see the final race in AD as a Dubai resident.

OP
C

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Haven't finished watching the race but enjoyed what I saw. They should really allow DRS from lap 1, get rid of tire warmers.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Haven't finished watching the race but enjoyed what I saw. They should really allow DRS from lap 1, get rid of tire warmers.
Verstappen, Perez, Alonso!!!!, Sainz. Leclerc out.

Yeah, more fun would without tire warmers, let's see the skills!

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great start to the season, looks like we are on for some great races, with battles all down the grid to come, very exciting proposition.

Not sure I agree with not having tyre warmers though, most likely to just cause unnecessary accidents on first couple of laps.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great start to the season, looks like we are on for some great races, with battles all down the grid to come, very exciting proposition.

Not sure I agree with not having tyre warmers though, most likely to just cause unnecessary accidents on first couple of laps.
That's the whole point, see who has better skills and able to avoid accidents!

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's the whole point, see who has better skills and able to avoid accidents!
I don't argue that controlling their own car is a measure of driving skills, but my concern is that there is not much avoiding that can be done when someone behind has over-cooked it into the braking zone, locks up as the tyres have far less grip than if they were warm and becomes a very expensive torpedo!... Potential result is great drivers being taken out by not so great drivers (unfair and unnecessary).

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I don't argue that controlling their own car is a measure of driving skills, but my concern is that there is not much avoiding that can be done when someone behind has over-cooked it into the braking zone, locks up as the tyres have far less grip than if they were warm and becomes a very expensive torpedo!... Potential result is great drivers being taken out by not so great drivers (unfair and unnecessary).
You are totally right, but it's only 20 drivers that make it up there. Supposedly they are all great, and a few extraordinary, but of course, safety counts a lot now, not like 30 years ago

OP
C

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Just finished watching. Bien Fernando! Age is just a number, especially for him. I hope Perez can win a few races and keep things interesting. Decent job by Williams.

OP
C

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So, will this be a clean sweep by RB?

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Pretty wild race yesterday! Not sure about all the rule-flopping, but I'm happy Alonso ended up with 3rd.

OP
C

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Pretty wild race yesterday! Not sure about all the rule-flopping, but I'm happy Alonso ended up with 3rd.
Indeed, and the grid box positioning rule seems like it needs a revisit.