Eventuri development

David s

Reaction score
It is a bit on the pricey side. But still not ridiculous value if the 12 to 20 Hp translates.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is a bit on the pricey side. But still not ridiculous value if the 12 to 20 Hp translates.
It is an issue to me that the filter tests shows such bad results. One thing not taken into account on the filter test is the lower restrictions in the after market system which produce some of the hp increase. What would be good is you could get their system which a better filter even if you got half of the increase (6-10).

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It is an issue to me that the filter tests shows such bad results. One thing not taken into account on the filter test is the lower restrictions in the after market system which produce some of the hp increase. What would be good is you could get their system which a better filter even if you got half of the increase (6-10).
Where did you see the filter tests? From their website all I see is "The filter medium is ISO tested to ensure that filtration is in line with OEM standards and is also dry."

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
No way a silly piece of overpriced plastic makes that kind oh HP. Marketing BS until tested by an independent third party.
I took the time to look through their website, and also to look at videos of their products for other vehicles that were tested independently, and the performance gains are real. I understand the philosophy too, as it's been used for decades in intake and exhaust system designs. The venturi effect is to focus and improve the airflow so you get more air faster. I remember first seeing velocity intake bells on Weber carburetors way back when.

19030.030-4138778441.jpg

That effect is also behind the idea of long tube headers for exhaust systems, to smooth out and increase the airflow.

Air doesn't like to turn corners; it loses its velocity very quickly. Smoothing out the flow path and removing anything that would disrupt the airflow will make a noticeable difference in airflow and velocity. The intake valves are only open for a short amount of time, so being able to increase the amount of air that can make it in there before they close increases the compression, which increases the power.

I've worked in manufacturing before, and the Eventuri intake is far from a "silly piece of overpriced plastic". The flexible EPDM hose alone would require an expensive manufacturing mold to be able to produce them. (Those molds can cost anywhere from $25k to $100k). The molding for the carbon fiber pieces which are high quality fabrications, would also require some expense to create.

53678450449_2a17dff38f_k.jpg

53678478110_f0481109f7_b.jpg

The bracket connecting those two carbon fiber pieces is stainless steel; no rust concerns.

Then there's the filter itself.
53678549970_5706d45317_b.jpg

53678549030_fff109d870_b.jpg

52679853337_a653c7d020_b.jpg

When you look at the airflow diagram, you can see how their intake smooths out the bends and makes for a less restrictive path for the air to flow through.

31975515988_d7679dbff3_b.jpg

It also gains the venturi effect.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.37.54 AM.png

I don't work for them, nor have I purchased this (yet), but I appreciate the work and thought that went into it, and I don't feel it's at ALL fair to refer to it as a "silly piece of overpriced plastic".

hellasf1

Reaction score
Yea I think the price it fair for the performance and the construction of this build. Around $1500 for 20 HP and 19 TQ (higher reported numbers) isn’t that bad. JUBU 440 tune is just a like over 5k. Gives 40 more HP and about 60 more TQ.

Eventuri is about $75 per Hp & $79 per tq gains.

JUBU is about $125 per HP & $83 per tq gains.

Rounded number but the point is it’s in line with the gains. Yeah JUBU gives you more than just power gains with its tune, like launch control, auto blip if you care for it and higher RPM band if you want as well.

I plan on doing both of these. Question is will I get close to the 460 performance with both together 🤔

brainf18

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If these aftermarket add ons were so great why wouldn’t we see high end manufacturers that are not price sensitive use something similar? Because for the most part any time an independent tester validates an aftermarket parts makers claims, they don’t work as advertised.

So all the pictures and airflow diagrams are neat to look at but don’t translate to actual results. Also air doesn’t care about channeling material. This could be made from molded abs plastic and perform identically to the overpriced carbon fiber

Until I see independent dyno comparison tests performed I’m going to continue to view aftermarket items like this with healthy skepticism

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Look up Eventuri on YouTube. There are a lot of videos of installations and tests on different cars by different people.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yea I think the price it fair for the performance and the construction of this build. Around $1500 for 20 HP and 19 TQ (higher reported numbers) isn’t that bad. JUBU 440 tune is just a like over 5k. Gives 40 more HP and about 60 more TQ.

Eventuri is about $75 per Hp & $79 per tq gains.

JUBU is about $125 per HP & $83 per tq gains.

Rounded number but the point is it’s in line with the gains. Yeah JUBU gives you more than just power gains with its tune, like launch control, auto blip if you care for it and higher RPM band if you want as well.

I plan on doing both of these. Question is will I get close to the 460 performance with both together 🤔
Yeah, people spend boatloads on carbon fiber pieces for the car that don't do much if anything other than looks. I don't recall anybody calling those silly pieces of plastic, and the cost of those pieces quickly add up to what the Eventuri costs or even more.

I know people are thinking of this like just another 'cold air intake' but it's not. That flexible tube connecting the intake to the engine isn't just a piece of tubing that was bent.

I'm looking forward to other tests and sound clips of installations. Also some real-world impressions from those who've installed it and can compare their driving experience to before and after.

Golden Parrot

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Ordered one of these from GRP. Hope it arrives soon and once installed I'll post an ass-dyno report :D

Next step will be the JUBU 460 kit and since they sell it with their own airbox, does anyone think there would be an issue running the JUBU ECU with the EVenturi intake instead of the JUBU one?

hellasf1

Reaction score
Ordered one of these from GRP. Hope it arrives soon and once installed I'll post an ass-dyno report :D

Next step will be the JUBU 460 kit and since they sell it with their own airbox, does anyone think there would be an issue running the JUBU ECU with the EVenturi intake instead of the JUBU one?
I wouldn’t think so. But that’s is strange they have their own, bc when I asked about the Eventuri intake, JUBU response was, “Why you want to install the Eventuri intake? The OEM Airfilterhousing works up to 600hp!”

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I miss my Honda days when an AEM cold air intake got you +20HP and cost ~$150. 🙃

Eventuri stuff is crazy expensive to me, but I guess that's just the exotic sports car aftermarket. The GRP/BOE intakes for Lotus vehicles are a third of the Eventuri price, but still expensive IMO (and look like they were built from Home Depot parts - respectfully - I know they're proven quality pieces, but they certainly aren't pretty). Even the fancy carbon fiber intakes for modern VWs and Audis are only ~$550. The Lotus aftermarket is just very limited and exotic car parts are always going to be expensive.

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
My opinion.

The Jubu upgrades and venturi CAI are all extremely overpriced. You can try justifying dollars per HP comparisons but its a joke. Lotus owners are getting taken advantage of. Probably because it's more of a niche vehicle with owners that probably have deeper pockets. Some people will pay any amount for 30 to 50 HP gain.

Why was my HP so cheap in comparison?
I Had a 2010 Jeep SRT8 6.1 Hemi (420HP) vehicle before. I got a Mopar CAI for about $300 Canadian $ and a programmer from Diablo Trinity with canned tunes($600). I got a custom tune done for a "donation" to a forum member who worked for Diablo $200 with several data logging and uploads and tweaks included till max gains were safely achieved. I also had a Borla exhaust for around $1500. Billet Oil catch can installed as well. $250.
I went from 4.9s+ 0 to 60 to 4.0s 0 to 60.
So preformance related mods came out to ~$2500 Canadian.
Apparently 30 to 50 HP gain. Not Dyno proven. But my 0 to 60 improved 0.9s

To get similar results with Lotus multiply it by what? 5X or more!

Anyways my opinion. Hope no one's feelings get hurt. To each their own. Spend your money the way you want. None of my business. I'll wait for some mBtw ore competitors with cheaper alternatives. But I'm most likey won't bother.. I'm happy with the Emira the way she is.

edit..
Btw I copied my original OEM data on the OEM chip into tuner. Then when I needed to go to dealership for service I would reflash chip with original file. It left no trace. Then when I got home I'd reflash with my custom tune. Took a few minutes each time. Easy.

Edit #2
This lotus has a 12year old Toyota engine design. Should be dirt cheap to tune and customize.
Just a money grab. And Eventuri won't even do a group buy.

Last edited:

John777

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I miss my Honda days when an AEM cold air intake got you +20HP and cost ~$150. 🙃

Eventuri stuff is crazy expensive to me, but I guess that's just the exotic sports car aftermarket. The GRP/BOE intakes for Lotus vehicles are a third of the Eventuri price, but still expensive IMO (and look like they were built from Home Depot parts - respectfully - I know they're proven quality pieces, but they certainly aren't pretty). Even the fancy carbon fiber intakes for modern VWs and Audis are only ~$550. The Lotus aftermarket is just very limited and exotic car parts are always going to be expensive.

You beat me to it. I was still writing my post. I agree with your comments.

SirSoysauce

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

Well provided that Eventuri definitely has a unique (engineered) design element to them, their pricing isn't too crazy given that their equivalent intake for an Audi B9 S4/S5 is the same price as the Lotus one.

Personally I could never justify the pricing for my Audi, but for the Lotus it's a much higher caliper car...

Though I guess it's not S65/S85 expensive where a plenum is $3k and the CAI are $1.5k