• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Engine Light

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My engine light came on today - have locked the car and started it again, and it still there. As the car is in the garage, I don't want to start it in the morning just to see if the light has gone away, but I can't remember if that light only goes out once the engine is started, or if it should go out with the ignition switched on (hold down start button touching no pedals for a few seconds). Could someone confirm for me please ?

Thankyou !

Jon

My engine light came on today - have locked the car and started it again, and it still there. As the car is in the garage, I don't want to start it in the morning just to see if the light has gone away, but I can't remember if that light only goes out once the engine is started, or if it should go out with the ignition switched on (hold down start button touching no pedals for a few seconds). Could someone confirm for me please ?

Thankyou !

Jon

These cars sound finicky as the Emira has been having electrical gremlins. Others have reported the light coming on then resolving itself after some driving.

Recommendation would be getting an inexpensive OBDII scanner that has the ability to scan, read, and clear trouble codes and CELs. This tool is handy for all sorts of uses. You can find them on Amazon for less than $100. This is what I have: https://a.co/d/7A4Fc8Y

If your CEL does not clear on its own the OBDII tool can do it for you, then if the CEL comes back you can think about the car actually having an issue.

Good luck.

Any owners able to tell me answer to my question above ?

I can't remember if that light only goes out once the engine is started, or if it should go out with the ignition switched on (hold down start button touching no pedals for a few seconds). Could someone confirm for me please ?

There are instances where the light will go out only after running for a bit. Depends on the code thrown. An ESC/ABS sensor error for example will only clear itself, after driving some kilometers and reporting matching values.
Get a reader if you want to be sure.

Had CEL come on.... after I had my 1st no start issue after Paeking it... & my car was supposed to have the latest software upgrade.... any way, the code was "U0121" failure to communicate wth ABS module A... I just Cleared it w the reader...
Just more Unexplained lotus "characters " .. smh

'24 1st Ed
260 miles

Mine was an EVAP issue - dealer looking at it for me now

Mine was an EVAP issue - dealer looking at it for me now
Yes, mine has this and the dealer has ordered the parts. I had one earlier that said "invalid data from vehicle control module". That one went away on it's own and has never come back. It's good to get an OBD scanner as others have mentioned.

Mine came on for a few days then went off just before it was goi g to the dealer to have a look. Went in anyhow but there were no codes to indicate why. The theory was that whist it was in for its ppf the left the door open too long and the battery got a bit flat.