Enclosed Delivery Services

IRN_M8DEN

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I'll need to schedule a pickup and drop-off of my Emira from Indiana to Virginia once we get CARB approval. I've never done this before and I'm looking for recommendations of companies and what to request/lookout for based on past experiences.

netsinah

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Find a company with a good reputation (check recent reviews or ask around with fellow "car-nuts"; do you know anyone who belongs to a car club?). That's #1. Hopefully you'll get some helpful recommendations on this Forum. If not, check other vehicle forums.

Then ensure you understand exactly how transport will occur (truck/train combo??; I suspect all truck transport for you; more than one truck so will it be unloaded then loaded again? More handling/chance for error; not great.) and that it'll be properly tethered and ideally enclosed so it's not exposed to the elements. It may be cheaper if it remains open to the elements so you decide how much you're willing to pay. Get confirmation on how p/u will occur, plus delivery. Make sure you know if you'll be dealing with only one transport company, or if whomever you hire, makes use of others (and are THEY reputable?). I had one of my vehicles delivered by flat bed truck (the rear deck elevated to an angle, to allow easy drive-off) right to my residence, which was great.

Decide if you want them to wash the Emira or if you'd rather be the only person to touch the paint, to avoid the possibility of paint swirls. Think about insurance. The key is knowing what will happen every step of the way. Any good transport company will provide all those details. Good luck!

R1272

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'd ask your dealer. This won't be the first time they ship a car out of state, so I bet they have a company they work with.

I just went through this last month with a P car I bought out of state, and before I could even ask, my dealer told me he would arrange the transport, no problem. In my case it was shipped inside a 2 car trailer, so it was an intimate affair which I really liked.

Otherwise look into Intercity Lines and Plycar. People love them both.