Emira V6 FE UK Build Slots

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many V6 FE Emiras are expected to built per week in the UK?

Im Assuming they will build up to 2000 FE car before the end of 2022 due to the demand.

I'm Guessing TomE might be able to help with this?

DJS

I can make an educated guess.

Lotus reckon 1000-1100 cars in 2022 will be allocated to UK. I think those will almost all be V6 FE if deposit conversion and V6 FE vs i4/own spec choices continue per early trends. Possibly 100-200 will be i4 FEs but there are rumours the i4 first deliveries may be delayed from autumn to end of 2022 or start of 2023 due to high V6 FE demand.

First deliveries are end April, so 34 production weeks in 2022 and hence roughly 30 UK V6 FE built per week.

That assumes no ramp up time, but equally I think the first 1-2 months will see all cars being for UK delivery. I gather first US deliveries will start about two months later. So it probably nets out.

If you know roughly what deposit number you were then you can work out an approximate delivery week. You need to make some assumptions about conversion and V6 FE choice rates.

I started building a delivery date modeller, then realised I was approaching “peak nerd” and decided to stick with rough calcs and waiting for Lotus to tell us our dates in Nov/Dec :)

Lotus reckon 1000-1100 cars in 2022 will be allocated to UK. I think those will almost all be V6 FE if deposit conversion and V6 FE vs i4/own spec choices continue per early trends. Possibly 100-200 will be i4 FEs but there are rumours the i4 first deliveries may be delayed from autumn to end of 2022 or start of 2023 due to high V6 FE demand.

First deliveries are end April, so 34 production weeks in 2022 and hence roughly 30 UK V6 FE built per week.

That assumes no ramp up time, but equally I think the first 1-2 months will see all cars being for UK delivery. I gather first US deliveries will start about two months later. So it probably nets out.

If you know roughly what deposit number you were then you can work out an approximate delivery week. You need to make some assumptions about conversion and V6 FE choice rates.

I started building a delivery date modeller, then realised I was approaching “peak nerd” and decided to stick with rough calcs and waiting for Lotus to tell us our dates in Nov/Dec :)
"peak nerd :) " on that note ... if you want the car as early as possible the company will batch colour options. My guess is they will do blue first ... this might affect your calculations!

I’m still trying to do the maths to find out where I would be in the list 😂. I’m hoping mid June right now but that’s more man maths to make it work rather than peak nerd

So following the £3k second deposit (£5k total at this point), what is the next step of the process Tom, and when should we expect that step to occur?

"peak nerd :) " on that note ... if you want the car as early as possible the company will batch colour options. My guess is they will do blue first ... this might affect your calculations!
Interesting thought, have you got any insight from Lotus folks on that? On previous models there has been no colour batching but this is a new factory and new paint system.

I suspect if they did a big batch of all one colour then some of the early deposit holders would be pretty annoyed. Lotus have made a point of respecting very early deposit dates, so then delivering massively out of sequence wouldn’t be popular. They might build in batches but then deliver in sequence I guess.

So following the £3k second deposit (£5k total at this point), what is the next step of the process Tom, and when should we expect that step to occur?
3rd/final deposit will then become non-refundable and commit you to your order and specification.

I believe it will be possible to make changes to spec up to that point without affecting your timing. But I heard from the Australian dealers that engine, transmission, suspension, wheel style and calliper colour are long lead items so changing them after 2nd deposit might affect dates. Trying to get that clarified.

At the point of 3rd deposit you should get an indicative delivery date. As some people may cancel or switch to i4/own spec at that point your date could get adjusted (earlier) a bit after everyone has committed.

Timing I believe is Dec or maybe Jan. it’s not clear yet if that’ll be the same timing for everyone or just for the first batch of X hundred cars. It may be phased. In the past Lotus have wanted a committed order about 12 weeks before delivery.

Interesting thought, have you got any insight from Lotus folks on that? On previous models there has been no colour batching but this is a new factory and new paint system.

I suspect if they did a big batch of all one colour then some of the early deposit holders would be pretty annoyed. Lotus have made a point of respecting very early deposit dates, so then delivering massively out of sequence wouldn’t be popular. They might build in batches but then deliver in sequence I guess.
The chaps at Exeter are ex Aston dealers and said it's common practice as it takes time to change the paint system (makes sense really). My guess is it won't be all at once but 100 then 100 etc. As you say it could be obfusticated

Usually pop over to IOM end of May with group of petrolheads, but not sure if I’ll have Emira by then based on June 4th deposit :unsure: Not sure my 51 year old Elan will keep up over the mountains with the Lambos and McLarens:D

Would be a shame as potential good publicity for Emira as we get to open the one way system over the mountain ready for TT

Maybe I can ask for a marketing car whilst I await delivery :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many V6 FE Emiras are expected to built per week in the UK?

Im Assuming they will build up to 2000 FE car before the end of 2022 due to the demand.

I'm Guessing TomE might be able to help with this?

DJS
i can shed some light on that having spoken with Scott Walker at the Nottingham (Central Cars) Roadshow. Production will be 90 ish cars a month throughout 2022. The lower the production the better for me, keeps the car rather more exclusive and should ensure higher residuals
From what i can gather, demand for deposits have far out weighed any cancellations
Sir Donald

Usually pop over to IOM end of May with group of petrolheads, but not sure if I’ll have Emira by then based on June 4th deposit :unsure: Not sure my 51 year old Elan will keep up over the mountains with the Lambos and McLarens:D

Would be a shame as potential good publicity for Emira as we get to open the one way system over the mountain ready for TT

Maybe I can ask for a marketing car whilst I await delivery :ROFLMAO:
I usually do a Lotus IOM trip most years. I have family over there. I’ll be organising an Emira one for next year towards the end of the summer so we have a chance for more cars being around. Will post info on here.

I usually do a Lotus IOM trip most years. I have family over there. I’ll be organising an Emira one for next year towards the end of the summer so we have a chance for more cars being around. Will post info on here.
Up for that. Organiser of trip we do lives on IOM and we stay at Ramsey Park Hotel, which is handy for early morning runs over mountain. Done it in Exige 380, Evora 400 and AMG GT roadster. Great roads

959B29E3-A199-4EEB-9285-36FA99018AEC.jpeg

We usually stay at the Ramsey Park too. One of my cousins lives nearby. A great place for a driving holiday.

B5FA6007-1377-4328-810C-198F7361D987.jpeg

Reactions: DJW
But I heard from the Australian dealers that engine, transmission, suspension, wheel style and calliper colour are long lead items so changing them after 2nd deposit might affect dates. Trying to get that clarified.

My V6FE order confirmation from Lotus Australia says:

"Elements of your specification that cannot be varied after the end of October are transmission, wheel choice and chassis preference. This is due to the long lead times required by Lotus to procure these elements."

The email lists a bunch of things than definitely can be changed up until January 14th: paint colour, interior trim, steering wheel, privacy glass, black pack, homelink, scorpion tracker.

They don't mention caliper colour but I suspect this considered part of the wheel choice.

TomE

Please share your delivery date modeller with us it’s only a bit of fun 🤩 lol

Try mine first 10th July deposit told on phone 700th of the phone calls - the cancellations and i4 cars being removed I reckon I’m between 350 to 400 should = a 9 to 10 Delviery time from the start of April? Maybe towards then end of June ?

TomE

Please share your delivery date modeller with us it’s only a bit of fun 🤩 lol

Try mine first 10th July deposit told on phone 700th of the phone calls - the cancellations and i4 cars being removed I reckon I’m between 350 to 400 should = a 9 to 10 Delviery time from the start of April? Maybe towards then end of June ?
That’s good to know, I was the morning of the 9th so should be before my Le Mans trip booked in July 😃

My V6FE order confirmation from Lotus Australia says:

"Elements of your specification that cannot be varied after the end of October are transmission, wheel choice and chassis preference. This is due to the long lead times required by Lotus to procure these elements."

The email lists a bunch of things than definitely can be changed up until January 14th: paint colour, interior trim, steering wheel, privacy glass, black pack, homelink, scorpion tracker.

They don't mention caliper colour but I suspect this considered part of the wheel choice.
Having just picked touring on my configuration / 2nd deposit, I'm now having second thoughts.
I emailed Lotus to changed the spec and got this reply today, so not the case in the UK:

Thank you for your email,
Please rest assured, we will be reaching out to you at a later stage, and It will be at this point any changes can be amended on your submitted configuration.
If in the meantime, you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will do our utmost to help.

My deposit was the morning of the 7th July. I am hoping for delivery by July next year and anything earlier than that is a bonus. Several major manufacturers seem to be struggling with supply chain issues at the moment. No idea if this will affect Lotus with the might of Geely behind them, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the timescales slip a bit.

Go Peak Nerd Tom, we all want to see that!!