Emira vs Evora build quality

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Right off the bat, let me say that Emira has amazing style and evokes the feeling of being a super car. That being said, Evora is no slouch in the styling department. It’s smooth and elegant, particularly the early version for me (I prefer the front end over the 400/GT cars). Since the engines, transmissions and other mechanicals are so similar, a lot of what draws people to Emira is build quality and interior appointments. My question, for those who have experienced both cars, is what precisely makes the interior of Emira that much better than Evora. And I don’t mean tech so much as build and material quality….the feel of each car. I get that no one has actually driven Emira, and the final production car is not available to assess. But can we extrapolate from what we’ve seen so far to what will distinguish Emira. For those who have an Evora, what is your reason for keeping it once the Emira is in you garage.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Right off the bat, let me say that Emira has amazing style and evokes the feeling of being a super car. That being said, Evora is no slouch in the styling department. It’s smooth and elegant, particularly the early version for me (I prefer the front end over the 400/GT cars). Since the engines, transmissions and other mechanicals are so similar, a lot of what draws people to Emira is build quality and interior appointments. My question, for those who have experienced both cars, is what precisely makes the interior of Emira that much better than Evora. And I don’t mean tech so much as build and material quality….the feel of each car. I get that no one has actually driven Emira, and the final production car is not available to assess. But can we extrapolate from what we’ve seen so far to what will distinguish Emira. For those who have an Evora, what is your reason for keeping it once the Emira is in you garage.
For me, its the improved "feel" inside the cabin for someone my height (6'2"... torso tall) along with the enhancements to make this a comfortable every day car (cup holders, an armrest, etc...). The exterior design is current, though so was Evora imho... but the interior was significantly dated, and appeared that of a decently appointed "kit car" with nothing seemingly bespoke. This interior has its own design, modern amenities and attention to driver comfort while seemingly not losing the Lotus "feel" we all are looking for.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think "quality" is too early to evaluate. We'll see what the car is like once fully released and given some time for people to find the strong or weak points.

The Evora is an exceptionally well-built car. I don't expect the Emira to be any different. The main difference that people are perceiving so far is an ergonomic difference. That affects the experience but isn't actually "quality" in the way that you mean, I don't think.

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
For me the analogue feeling; the "last Lotus of it's kind" and especially the exclusivity of the last Evora's GT 410 Sport are the main reasons to prefer the Evora.
For me the Emira has a strong "baby super car appearance" (conform Top Gear) which I do not like.
Either you have a super car or you don't have one, not something in between.
BTW....I have seen, touched and sit in the Emira and purchased my (more expensive) Evora in awareness of knowing what the Emira would be.
I drove a 1990 Lotus Esprit Turbo SE from 1993 to 2021 and traded it in for the Evora.
In a couple of months I hope to be in the age of 79 years.
I think the quality of the last Evora's is the highest in Lotus history.
I expect (imho) the quality of the Emira's in general for the first two years will behind of that of the 410 Evora's, due to general automotive aspects and at the same time the imbalances of a new kind of production line Lotus never handled before.

IMG_20220207_153110 (2).jpg

Last edited:

aEdMIRA

Reaction score
I completely agree with you Rudolph. I was thinking about the final edition Evora too with I think 430bhp? an amazing yellow colour, cost a whole lot more than the emira. Interior all colour coded, sexy seats etc etc. It had this exclusivity and tailored aura about it. The reason I chickened out and it's a silly reason I know, it just felt the emira was just better looking.

Some people may get this, the evora is like nicole kidman at 40, unbelievably attractive (she's still hot now to be fair) and the emira is nicole at 30 - so still nicole, maybe not as accomplished, perhaps not as gracious, but just slightly more sexy.

Erm, I think I better not stand up for a few seconds.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I really love the Evora inside and out. The earlier models had some issues and I heard about the dash shrinking in the heat and becoming deformed. The infotainment screen and little digital lcd screen by the speedo was certainly dated as well, but I do prefer the traditional analog gauges over the Emira's digital screen... Hopefully I get used to it and it's somewhat customizable.

I also think the Evora GT seats (by Sparco) were far superior to the Emira's in both looks and support. It's nice to have Android Auto and Apple Carplay now though.. and useable cup holders! The Alcantara and deviated stitching seems like a nice touch for the Emira too (hopefully that continues to the production shift boot).

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I really love the Evora inside and out. The earlier models had some issues and I heard about the dash shrinking in the heat and becoming deformed. The infotainment screen and little digital lcd screen by the speedo was certainly dated as well, but I do prefer the traditional analog gauges over the Emira's digital screen... Hopefully I get used to it and it's somewhat customizable.

I also think the Evora GT seats (by Sparco) were far superior to the Emira's in both looks and support. It's nice to have Android Auto and Apple Carplay now though.. and useable cup holders! The Alcantara and deviated stitching seems like a nice touch for the Emira too (hopefully that continues to the production shift boot).
I must admit I'm starting to look at Evora's-June best come quickly before I change my mind...

Rudolph

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I must admit I'm starting to look at Evora's-June best come quickly before I change my mind...
Autotrader today.........the last ones.........immediate stock delivery.
Only 14 x 2021 new Lotus Evora 410hp left for sale in the USA.
Unfortunately prices remain firm for a couple of months already.
On the (total) European continent (excl. RHD UK)..............now only 2x new Evora GT LHD left for sale.

To the right is a Lotus Evora GT 430 and to the left a Mc Laren 570.........................

59829417_2206496932800855_6492397475167469568_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Infotainment definetely will be big difference
My Evora 410 Sport comes with all of the above, only the cupholders are usable only to store the keys1

Racer X

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like the gauges and steering wheel in the Evora far better. Shame that they made the exterior so beautiful then put crappy screens in and an oddball steering wheel.

CoryC

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I like the gauges and steering wheel in the Evora far better. Shame that they made the exterior so beautiful then put crappy screens in and an oddball steering wheel.
Perfect example of why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors. I LOVE the exterior of Evora... and yet find the interior severely dated and spartan. I am looking forward to the Emira for just this reason... though, Racer X your taste is equally valid... though I'm jealous as there are Evoras available NOW!! I'm (we're) stuck waiting!