Emira Standard Wheel Alignment Settings?

Adam Brouillard

Reaction score
Keeping in mind my experience with front steering geometry set up is from superkarts not cars, these settings do make sense considering what each tyre is designed for. Toe out is generally used to give more bite on initial turn in and makes a noticeable difference in the wet. This increased grip when turning in is at the expense of increased rolling resistance/friction when driving in a straight line. Given the Goodyear F1 tyres are more of a road tyre, toe out makes sense. However more grippy tyres (especially with a hot & dry track surface) tend to adopt a toe-out stance naturally so if the geo is already set to toe-out then friction in a straight line is increased even further leading to excessive tyre wear & over heating. Ideally in the dry with sticky tyres, toe would be set to zero. However the tendency to toe out needs to be compensated and by setting the geo to slight toe-in, the tyres naturally run straight. This set up would suit more grippy (sticky) Cup2 tyres on hot dry track days.

The amount of toe change while running depends on compliance and scrub radius. Superkarts have massive scrub radius so they would see more toe out change while running than a car would. I don't know what the scrub radius of the Emira is, but it's probably pretty small and it could even have negative scrub radius. Regardless, they are clearly not speccing the alignment for max track performance. As mentioned previously, my guess is they are just trying to give the cup2s a different steering feel than the goodyears during a test drive type situation since you aren't exactly going to be pushing either to the limit on public roads. At least, I hope people aren't.

Last edited: