Emira Standard Wheel Alignment Settings?

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What are the standard wheel alignment settings for the Emira?

And are there different standard settings for Sport and Tour chassis setups?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
And are there different standard settings for Sport and Tour chassis setups?

Yes, they are different.

I don't know the exact alignment settings for each though. The service manual has the following page regarding suspension and geometry, but then says to "refer to technical data for wheel alignment specs..."

suspension.jpg

OP
Superman

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone found the standard alignment/geo settings for both Touring and Sports yet?

Super interested to see what the factory setup differences are, as this will start to inform us on potential for tuning for fast road and track settings.

AndyVX

Reaction score
I remember hearing in one of the videos form the test drives in the pre-production cars that there were different geo settings for the Goodyear and cup 2 tyres

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I remember hearing in one of the videos form the test drives in the pre-production cars that there were different geo settings for the Goodyear and cup 2 tyres
There are yes, we do not know what those values are yet.

Lotus VSI has not released any alignment specifications yet, and the manual does not include them.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The service notes don't include the info either. It's very odd it's not in any of the documents.

Silver Storm

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Is the service manual available in printed form, or only as online/downloadable pdf file?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I assume dealers will have a hard copy of it. I've only seen it as an online version so far.

OP
Superman

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So, slight update, not sure how helpful it is as it is only partial info... Did a factory tour today and we were told that the cars are set up with 0.8 neg camber front and 1.8 neg camber rear (to help bias towards understeer rather than oversteer on the limit apparently).

I did ask about whether there were differences between different chassis/tyre set ups, but our tour guide did not know.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
So, slight update, not sure how helpful it is as it is only partial info... Did a factory tour today and we were told that the cars are set up with 0.8 neg camber front and 1.8 neg camber rear (to help bias towards understeer rather than oversteer on the limit apparently).

I did ask about whether there were differences between different chassis/tyre set ups, but our tour guide did not know.

Thanks for that bit of info, hopefully Lotus VSIC will release alignment specs sometime in the near future.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I don’t think so. It’s not in the owners handbook or the service notes.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have asked for and paid for a re-calibration to the factory specs for Sport+Cup2 prior to delivery (hopefully mid-October of this year), just to remove some variables while I get used to the new car. Not sure what information the dealer will be willing to provide, but will post whatever information I can.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Like so many other things with Lotus, something that should be well documented and a available is inexplicably a secret.

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have asked for and paid for a re-calibration to the factory specs for Sport+Cup2 prior to delivery (hopefully mid-October of this year), just to remove some variables while I get used to the new car. Not sure what information the dealer will be willing to provide, but will post whatever information I can.
Ask for alignment sheet as proof they did it :)

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
My guess on stock alignment specs:

Camber: F: -0.8 deg R: -1.8 deg
Caster: 5.0 deg
Toe: F: just a hint like 0.05 deg per side R: 0.2 deg per side

We’ll see how close my guesstimate is.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My guess on stock alignment specs:

Camber: F: -0.8 deg R: -1.8 deg
Caster: 5.0 deg
Toe: F: just a hint like 0.05 deg per side R: 0.2 deg per side

We’ll see how close my guesstimate is.
Front toe was a wee bit smaller than your estimate @kitkat , but otherwise spot on !

I added English translations where needed. My car was in sad shape when it reached the dealer, but then again, so would I after a 40 day cruise...

[edit] this is for Sport. dunno if it is the same for Touring.
231125-Alignment_01_english.png

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Front toe was a wee bit smaller than your estimate @kitkat , but otherwise spot on !

I added English translations where needed. My car was in sad shape when it reached the dealer, but then again, so would I after a 40 day cruise...

[edit] this is for Sport. dunno if it is the same for Touring.
View attachment 33704

Thanks for providing this, I’ll assume these are OEM targets since it was done by a dealer. Pretty typical sports car road going alignment settings.

Based on the fact that there are indeed two different alignments my guess is touring is largely the same except for camber front and rear. I’d guess they put them at -0.5 / -1.2 degrees respectively.