• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira seat adjustment for vertically challenged

DaaS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I recently sat in a manual Evora and had to move the seat all the way forward to press the clutch to the floor. Even then, I wished the seat could move forward another click or two for me to be comfortable when shifting gears. I've had 3 other manual cars in the past and never had this issue. I have a deposit down on the Emira since July and I want to get the manual V6, however this is a big concern for me. Show cars that are expected to make rounds through the US dealers are all automatic and the seats may not be in the "production" spec either.

For those in UK who are meeting with Lotus reps during showings, can you please get some guidance on this? Do Emira's have a greater forward seat adjustability compared to Evora? I don't really want to put a pillow behind my back.

Last edited:

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I am also vertically challenged so this is a bit of a concern for me!

Magma

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had the same issue when I sat in a new Evora myself. The GM at the dealer mentioned that some people had added a spacer type thing to the clutch to move it closer to the seat.
I don't like the idea of being scootched in all the way. I had an M2 manual and literally had to extend my leg and foot as far as possible just to start the car (seat automatically went back when turned off). That got old.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I have to have the seat on my Evora (Series 1, 2011 S) all the way forward to be comfortable with the pedals. I sat in the Emira again today and adjusted the seat to a similarly comfortable position without having to go all the way to the front. I'm 5'9" with short legs.

I was also pleasantly surprised that I could get in and out of the car with the seat in my chosen forward position and not having to move the seat. In the Evora I have to slide the seat back to get in and out.

The other advantage with the seat forward in the Emira for us short-arses is the space behind the seats opens up a lot. I took a tape measure and it went from max 20cm to max 30cm between a long-legged 6 footer's seat position and mine. Result!

Last edited:

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have to have the seat on my Evora (Series 1, 2011 S) all the way forward to be comfortable with the pedals. I sat in the Emira again today and adjusted the seat to a similarly comfortable position without having to go all the way to the front. I'm 5'9" with short legs.

I was also pleasantly surprised that I could get in and out of the car with the seat in my chosen forward position and not having to move the seat. In the Evora I have to slide the seat back to get in and out.

The other advantage with the seat forward in the Emira for us short-arses is the space behind the rear seats opens up a lot. I took a tape measure and it went from max 20cm to max 30cm between a long-legged 6 footer's seat position and mine. Result!
That's good to know, can I be cheeky and ask your leg length for comparison

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In clothing terms I’m a 29” inside leg
You've got 2" on me then, I really need to sit in one and make sure at 27" I will actually be able to reach the pedals and see over the dashboard......

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score

The other advantage with the seat forward in the Emira for us short-arses is the space behind the seats opens up a lot. I took a tape measure and it went from max 20cm to max 30cm between a long-legged 6 footer's seat position and mine. Result!
The 12 way adjustables appear to have memory settings for driver 1-2. Does the seat automatically move back when you shut off the car to allow easier egress? How did the seats feel in general? I'm hearing they are high and hard. But are the side bolsters adjustable to huge us thinner guys in place or are we going to be sliding all over? How do they compare to the Evora GT seats is basically what I need to know.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The 12 way adjustables appear to have memory settings for driver 1-2. Does the seat automatically move back when you shut off the car to allow easier egress? How did the seats feel in general? I'm hearing they are high and hard. But are the side bolsters adjustable to huge us thinner guys in place or are we going to be sliding all over? How do they compare to the Evora GT seats is basically what I need to know.
Memory yes.

No auto-back and I double checked this. But exit is a lot easier than an Evora and I didn’t need to back the seat up (from close to the front) to get out. You could manually back up the seat to get out then use the memory setting to restore your position.

Seats were 20-30cm higher than they will be on production cars and they are going to change some of the side bolster internal materials to make it more comfortable. They are not adjustable bolsters but the lumbar support is.

I could get a good, comfortable driving position and others trying out the seat who were smaller and bigger than me could get comfortable too. I’ve not driven a GT for a direct comparison but it’s certainly as comfortable as the other Evoras I’ve driven, both Series 1 and 4xxz series.