• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira Japan pricing

Featured
emira-update-inline-2.jpg

I live in Tokyo and Just had a call from dealer yesterday, the FE pricing in Japan is 13,500,000 jpy tax included (which is about 118,206 USD given the current exchange rate)

Which is bit surprising, as this is more expensive than the basic 718 GT4 (13,100,000 JPY)
I think this is because the Japan yen is getting weaker recently

The pricing makes me having second thought on if i should go for a second hand GT4 instead.

What do you guys think ?

Last edited by a moderator:

KG21

Reaction score
Hello, I am a Lotus fan in S.Korea.
I envy you to know the official price of Emira. I'm looking forward to getting local prices here. As far as I know, almost all of the Emira prices revealed so far fall between the Cayman GTS 4.0 and GT4. It's surprising to me that the Emira beats the GT4's price in Japan. In Korea, official Porsche dealers no longer import and sell manual transmission vehicles, so as a manual transmission enthusiast, Cayman cannot be an alternative to Emira. So I'll buy one anyway either as the first edition or after more colors come out in the near future, but I think you'll have trouble with the Caymans as well.

OP
J

JamesW

Reaction score
Hello, I am a Lotus fan in S.Korea.
I envy you to know the official price of Emira. I'm looking forward to getting local prices here. As far as I know, almost all of the Emira prices revealed so far fall between the Cayman GTS 4.0 and GT4. It's surprising to me that the Emira beats the GT4's price in Japan. In Korea, official Porsche dealers no longer import and sell manual transmission vehicles, so as a manual transmission enthusiast, Cayman cannot be an alternative to Emira. So I'll buy one anyway either as the first edition or after more colors come out in the near future, but I think you'll have trouble with the Caymans as well.
I think it might be the yen is really weak recently, and we only get 250 FE in total, so they can set the price more aggressively. And we still can find manual GT4 so it’s a tough decision

Dee

Reaction score
View attachment 877

I live in Tokyo and Just had a call from dealer yesterday, the FE pricing in Japan is 13,500,000 jpy tax included (which is about 118,206 USD given the current exchange rate)

Which is bit surprising, as this is more expensive than the basic 718 GT4 (13,100,000 JPY)
I think this is because the Japan yen is getting weaker recently

The pricing makes me having second thought on if i should go for a second hand GT4 instead.

What do you guys think ?
Sure, the price of the vehicle is higher than the GT4, but when you add options, the GT4 is more expensive.
Used cars do not have a choice of options.
I am going to buy the FE which is rare.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Anyone have the price for the base model in Tokyo? By the time I got to the dealer, the FEs were sold out, and I probably won't want some of the specs included in the FE anyway.

Dee

Reaction score
Anyone have the price for the base model in Tokyo? By the time I got to the dealer, the FEs were sold out, and I probably won't want some of the specs included in the FE anyway.
The price of the base model in Japan has not been announced.
I heard that the FE was sold out at Lotus Tokyo on October 29.

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The price of the base model in Japan has not been announced.
I heard that the FE was sold out at Lotus Tokyo on October 29.
Hello. Can you explain further? In rhe US we are waiting for news on dealer allocations, said to be announced In January. What constitutes 'sold out " there?
Thanks.

Dee

Reaction score
Hello. Can you explain further? In rhe US we are waiting for news on dealer allocations, said to be announced In January. What constitutes 'sold out " there?
Thanks.
Hello. This is just what I heard from a dealer's representative, and I don't have any evidence.
In Japan, the allocation of the dealer (Lotus Tokyo) had been decided as of October 29.
The reason may be that the allocation to Japan is small.