• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Australian pricing and specs

emira-aus-pricing.jpeg

The limited-run 2022 Lotus Emira V6 First Edition sports car will arrive in Australia next year, priced from $184,990 before on-road costs. The low-slung two seater – which Lotus says will be pitched as a direct competitor to the Porsche 718 Cayman range – will ultimately be offered with two engine options locally, however the launch variant is fitted with the larger powertrain and all available features as standard.

Continue reading @

Last edited by a moderator:

rich64

Reaction score
I received similar news in New Zealand yesterday. Cant mention price until it becomes public here.
However has an uplift of around 25% over the FE list pice in the UK.

This goes against their whole marketing campaign, over it being an "affordable" sports car....

Last edited:

thunt

Reaction score
Don’t even get me started on the pricing. $150 000 for the base model i4?! Add another $10 000 onto that for on road costs and you’re looking at $160k for a 4 cylinder car that doesn’t even having a reversing camera as standard.

The UK free trade agreement also means Lotus no longer has to pay a 5% tariff, but it seems they’re just pocketing that. Such a shame

EspritGuy

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don’t even get me started on the pricing. $150 000 for the base model i4?! Add another $10 000 onto that for on road costs and you’re looking at $160k for a 4 cylinder car that doesn’t even having a reversing camera as standard.

The UK free trade agreement also means Lotus no longer has to pay a 5% tariff, but it seems they’re just pocketing that. Such a shame
Crickey!

Reactions: Rob

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Price gouging at its best. They’ve had great interest based on looks of the car and now that has gone to their head. They have simply pocketed the extra money but this may bite them in a couple of years as they use this car as a bridge to gen next. Disappointing but not surprising to be honest.

OP
I

irishboy77

Reaction score
It’s not just LCT. It doesn’t cost Lotus that much to import etc - for some reason car companies think Aussies have more disposable income so they charge more

It’s price gouging.
I know it's not just LCT, my point was that the extra tax is killing it

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
It’s not just LCT. It doesn’t cost Lotus that much to import etc - for some reason car companies think Aussies have more disposable income so they charge more

It’s price gouging.
100% correct. Charge them for it all.

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I admit upfront, this is a little bit of a tirade……Governments have an insatiable desire for the people’s money. To hear about all these add ons that affect what people can do upsets me. It’s one thing to collect taxes that enable building and maintenance of roads, and helping to insure safety with appropriate signage, policing, etc. but charging people for emitting CO2 with an ICE is ridiculous. Where do they think the electricity comes from for charging the batteries in EVs? It’s not coming from windmills and solar. In the end, there is no free lunch. Energy is energy. And the arrogance on display when implementing these sanctions…I can’t decide if it’s silly or frightening. Across the globe we’ve put people in power who proclaim all these cataclysms are just on the horizon so they can advocate for more and more control over your life. They punish you if your beliefs don’t align with their own. I’m not afraid of global warming, if it’s a man made thing (which I doubt). And if it is, do we really think that our policies in the west are going to change emissions in China, India, etc. of course not. They will continue to benefit from our unilateral disarmament. You may remember decades ago, the reason for minimizing use of fossil fuels was because eventually we were going to run out of petroleum underground. When that started to loss water there was a pivot to environment and global warming. And that argument has now matured to the point of inevitability. Kids are afraid, and living their lives around the idea that the world is in peril. Omg. And on a broader theme, young people are going to need to begin to understand the government is not going to rescue you from your lack of self reliance. That has been tried and failed over and over again throughout history, and it will happen again. Margaret Thatcher had it right…the problem with liberalism, progressivism, or whatever you want to call it is that eventually you run out of other people’s money. I prefer freedom and relying on the goodness of people when I need help. Governments increasingly there to tell me what We can’t do instead of celebrating what we can do. Tirade complete….at least this one.

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder how may Perth purchasers are on this forum? Mine is green/black pack/black wheels and glacial grey interior.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I have a feeling the price, while higher than any market, is reasonable. Our Aussie dollar is dropping and freight costs have risen dramatically, so it’s no wonder Lotus has built a little fat into the price.

And a $3000 dealer delivery fee is pretty good, considering some C8 dealers are charging $45,000 (!!).

Don’t get me started on the Luxury Car Tax (33%)…

OP
I

irishboy77

Reaction score
I wonder how may Perth purchasers are on this forum? Mine is green/black pack/black wheels and glacial grey interior.
I'm waiting for AMG specs and prob newer colours mate, but def keen! let me know when you get yours! :)

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I can't believe how much Australians get burned on their car prices, let alone covid-19 mandates, restrictions and unbelievably long lockdowns....like a police state.
And I've always read they were so down-to-earth and easy going....mates.

Today's exchange rate.
CDN $96,000=AUD $105,525.
$160,000 AUD for the base Emira is just ridiculous.
I feel for you mates on so many levels.

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I can't believe how much Australians get burned on their car prices, let alone covid-19 mandates, restrictions and unbelievably long lockdowns....like a police state.

It's all good Mav. Most of us supported the harsh lockdowns until vaccination rates were up -- all is open now. Australia is still the best place in the world to live.

But yeah, car prices are pretty nuts. Having a Luxury Car Tax to support a local manufacturing industry that no longer exists is beyond rude. The one positive is that it puts the Emira in the supercar price bracket, so we'll get a lot of exclusivity...!

OP
I

irishboy77

Reaction score

Today's exchange rate.
CDN $96,000=AUD $105,525.
$160,000 AUD for the base Emira is just ridiculous.
I feel for you mates on so many levels.
yep it is ridiculous mate!! given we now have some trade agreements directly with the UK I was hoping for better pricing but alas.... doesn't appear to be that way!!