• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Emira insurance in the US

HeReigns

Reaction score
So this post made me get in touch with my State Farm rep, because it was $1400 less than what they initially quoted me and even he was surprised that they would have ever quoted $3800. So he looked into it and got my new quote to $2600 (and I could probably get it lower if I increased the deductible... ours is very low right now), but he did say that it's just based on the price of the car right now, because State Farm doesn't even have the 2024 Emira in their system and State Farm quotes would all have to be updated once it was in the system anyways.

Just found that last part interesting.
It is true that the Emira is not yet in the system so the rate will fluctuate down the road as they have more experience(claims) with the vehicle.

Barcino2012

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Interesting..... I went to Hagerty and obtained a quote for my inbound Emira w/ $1K deductible full coverage, and it was $1673 per year. I stated that it was stock and had value of $100K. As a comparison, my 2024 718 GTS, with same value and deductible is $2059 per year. I have 3 other Vehicles already insured with Hagerty, never had a claim.

I have not received a number yet from Travelers who covers my daily drivers, but I pay between $1,050 per year and $1,450 per year for the daily drivers.
I never found Hagerty competitive, unless you want a certain guaranteed value above and beyond….

Last edited:

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those of you getting agreed value policies, what value are you setting? The new MSRP?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Uhhhhh wtf lol.

1705261619732.png

K_Squared

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
For those of you getting agreed value policies, what value are you setting? The new MSRP?
I went with the FE 1.0 MSRP of $95K. I was told by my agent it has to match the bill of sale price. I'm not sure if that's true for all agreed value insurers but it didn't sound like I had any choice in the matter.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The plot thickens.
Makes no sense. The insurance agent a few months back told me to let them know when I got the VIn and to send it to them. I havent sent them the VIN yet and was just trying to get a quote. WEIRD.

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
quoted adding emira to my existing usaa policy and was around $1900 a year

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Allstate said I have to provide a photo of the vehicles registration AND send them a photo of the actual vin on the vehicle before they can proceed. Looks like ill be ditching them and going with someone not making me jump through hoops.

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Allstate said I have to provide a photo of the vehicles registration AND send them a photo of the actual vin on the vehicle before they can proceed. Looks like ill be ditching them and going with someone not making me jump through hoops.
Here in Virginia you can't register a vehicle without insurance, so that seems like a pretty nonsensical request from an insurance company.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here in Virginia you can't register a vehicle without insurance, so that seems like a pretty nonsensical request from an insurance company.
Interesting, ill have to find that law and send it to them.

I found this

Meet the minimum insurance coverage requirements or pay the uninsured motor vehicle fee.

"The Virginia Uninsured Motor Vehicle (UMV) fee allows a motor vehicle owner to register an uninsured motor vehicle. At the time of registration, the motor vehicle owner must certify whether the vehicle is insured or uninsured.

If the vehicle is uninsured, the motor vehicle owner is required to pay to DMV a $500 uninsured motor vehicle fee in addition to normal registration fees. Payment of the $500 fee does not provide the motorist with any insurance coverage. If involved in an accident, the uninsured motorist remains personally liable. This fee is valid for twelve months but may be prorated for a shorter amount of time."

What garbage.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you are already looking at collector car insurance, I really do suggest you get a quote at Grundy. Hagerty always is significantly higher for similar insurance.
I will take a look thank you. Only looking here since no other insurance places will offer a quote.

KCMO68_510

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I will take a look thank you. Only looking here since no other insurance places will offer a quote.
Yeah, I even went to a broker that has like 30 different normal insurance carriers, and he said none of them have it in their systems so he can't really quote anything accurately yet.

scc.131.fe

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Planning on talking to Cincinnati (current insurer) tomorrow to see if they have a number, and also going to check with Grundy. More to follow.

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So in VA as long as you have insurance coverage on other vehicles, the state gives you 30 days to get insurance.