EMIRA in Bay Area CA.

UGHMIRA

Reaction score
Hey bay area folks, I just joined the forum!
I deposited 7/8 with Los Gatos which is said to be #4. I was working with Adam, but he's away, so I've been communicating with Clayton. They've both been very responsive when I periodically ask for updates it seems LOTUS corp themselves don't give them many details either. Regards to my delivery they said anywhere from July to end of the year.

Reading some of the posts, there's a lot of negative posts/comments. I think my attitude now is to be understanding of delays especially when we have global logistic and chip shortage problem.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I deposited 7/8 with Los Gatos which is said to be #4. I was working with Adam, but he's away, so I've been communicating with Clayton. They've both been very responsive when I periodically ask for updates it seems LOTUS corp themselves don't give them many details either. Regards to my delivery they said anywhere from July to end of the year.

Reading some of the posts, there's a lot of negative posts/comments. I think my attitude now is to be understanding of delays especially when we have global logistic and chip shortage problem.
Keep in mind complainers tend to be the most vocal. We consistently have maybe a dozen or so in here, but Lotus has thousands of deposits and orders. They have at least 3,500 orders in the U.K., and thousands in the U.S. alone. Ordering a car now puts you into 2024 for delivery at the earliest. All those thousands aren't chatting in here, so on the surface it looks like there's a lot of complaints because the vocal few are just that; vocal. They like taking potshots at Lotus over and over, often for the same things.

Stay the course. As the valiant British said under much harsher circumstances in 1939:

Keep Calm.png

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

Oh yes, and welcome to the forum!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order

That's the right attitude and welcome. Enjoy the process and put aside the instant gratification theme that some folks have opted for.

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
yeah i thought i was gonna be ok. Picked up a gla45 amg to hold me over. But the longer lotus delays packages and real info on non fe cars the more i get pissed off . They have promised 2 other cars in the 2023 and 2024 model years and they can't even get it together to release all options prices and aspects of a car they took deposits on a year ago . even the damn dealer paint colors and interior samples took almost a year not to mention the damn seats . rant over not like they even see this forum

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score

I think most of the negative comments is for the lotus Los Gatos dealership how they actually called people and emailed them consistently to get them to put a deposit the after the deposit they never heard from them again and it is based on experience

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Keep in mind complainers tend to be the most vocal. We consistently have maybe a dozen or so in here, but Lotus has thousands of deposits and orders. They have at least 3,500 orders in the U.K., and thousands in the U.S. alone. Ordering a car now puts you into 2024 for delivery at the earliest. All those thousands aren't chatting in here, so on the surface it looks like there's a lot of complaints because the vocal few are just that; vocal. They like taking potshots at Lotus over and over, often for the same things.

Stay the course. As the valiant British said under much harsher circumstances in 1939:

View attachment 4640
I think the issue is more of the dealership is especially with Los Gatos is the issue alot of people have not heard from them or any updates after they called everyday an emailed to get them put a deposit then nothing . When you have other lotus dealership giving updates to their waiting list customers I had a friend who is on wait list @boardwalk and gets emails from them about an estimate timeline

Sea4S

Reaction score
I think the issue is more of the dealership is especially with Los Gatos is the issue alot of people have not heard from them or any updates after they called everyday an emailed to get them put a deposit then nothing . When you have other lotus dealership giving updates to their waiting list customers I had a friend who is on wait list @boardwalk and gets emails from them about an estimate timeline
I am new to the forum. Placed my order with Boardwalk on 2/21. Last communication 3/22. However, Kyle did tell me over the phone that it could be end of '22, or early '23 before I can spec my I4 Base

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. Placed my order with Boardwalk on 2/21. Last communication 3/22. However, Kyle did tell me over the phone that it could be end of '22, or early '23 before I can spec my I4 Base
Awww nice thanks for that info I put my deposit Feb 10 so I'm guessing it should be about the same time line as yours to spec my car . Did you also get an email from lotus about thanking you for being a priority customer ?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your order!

Porter

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Homelink is fitted as standard for North America and is a cost option everywhere else.
I noticed this on my order as well. I hope the version of the mirror with HomeLink doesn't add visual bulk. I have enough trouble seeing below/around rearview mirrors without that.

Sea4S

Reaction score
Awww nice thanks for that info I put my deposit Feb 10 so I'm guessing it should be about the same time line as yours to spec my car . Did you also get an email from lotus about thanking you for being a priority customer ?
Yeah I did receive that email from Lotus! I can only assume they have my email and will let me know when my turn comes around.. will post anything else that I hear from the factory or Boardwalk

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I paid a deposit on 7/24/21 and I got reserved confirmation on 7/26/21. My current position at Los Gatos is 22/22. For those who reserved after July 24 2021, you will not be able to get your FEs delivered this year unless someone drops out.

FYI, I still haven't gotten a final order request put in and my current rep is Irena. If you haven't heard back just email them and your rep should promptly call you. Hope this helps out.

idleuser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
A bit of an update. My order is not going in until September 2022. That means Los Gatos is only getting 4 orders per month. Disappointing.

Dlirium

Reaction score
I live closer to Los Gatos, but Boardwalk is by far the biggest dealership in NorCal, so I put my deposit in with them, hoping to get on the FE list. I was number 21 back in July of last year and their allocation is ~40. My delivery is scheduled for November, only 5 more months of waiting!

No, their communication isn't great, but what are you looking for? "nope, we don't have anything new to tell you." They could text you that each week? It's just a waiting game. Kyle did call and let me know when they would put my order in, so when they HAD info, they provided it.

I'm not going to sweat the little things. This car is to beautiful, and the reviews seem to suggest it's still a great option to own. I remain extremely excited to drive this baby around!!

We DO need to get a group together (FB or other?) to do a meet up sometime in 2023! These cars will be as rare as hens teeth, so having 20+ all in one spot will be amazing!!!

Also, ordered my Lic Plate from AAA - "EMIRA FE" in black/yellow to match my spec...

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I live closer to Los Gatos, but Boardwalk is by far the biggest dealership in NorCal, so I put my deposit in with them, hoping to get on the FE list. I was number 21 back in July of last year and their allocation is ~40. My delivery is scheduled for November, only 5 more months of waiting!

No, their communication isn't great, but what are you looking for? "nope, we don't have anything new to tell you." They could text you that each week? It's just a waiting game. Kyle did call and let me know when they would put my order in, so when they HAD info, they provided it.

I'm not going to sweat the little things. This car is to beautiful, and the reviews seem to suggest it's still a great option to own. I remain extremely excited to drive this baby around!!

We DO need to get a group together (FB or other?) to do a meet up sometime in 2023! These cars will be as rare as hens teeth, so having 20+ all in one spot will be amazing!!!

Also, ordered my Lic Plate from AAA - "EMIRA FE" in black/yellow to match my spec...
That would be cool!
In the meantime, you should come join a drive that I help organize sometimes. Next one is June 18th to Canepa.

Lovora

Reaction score
Hello guys.
I live in Folsom, CA, and placed a deposit on an Emira with Mike from SF Lotus at the Quail event last August. He was not sure at the time about the number of cars that his dealership would get under allocation. I don't think anybody knew how many cars would be ordered. Surprise, they got many more orders than they expected. Along with all the supply chain nightmares (I know, I own a manufacturing company), one must give Lotus some slack. I was told that I "might" make the list for an FE in 2022. Mike and SF Lotus have been great in updating me and crossing their fingers for me.

Well, I got the "Call" on Monday (6/20). One customer backed out last week and I was next. I promptly confirmed my order with Mike and we submitted my final order on Monday evening. And, yesterday Lotus confirmed that my car was on order. My expected delivery is early December 2022. I'd be glad to show it to any of you at Folsom C+C someday.

I have been following the progress of the Emira over the past year. I used to work for a high-end car audio company and I still have some pretty good industry ties. My contacts have confirmed that the new KEF audio system will be quite good. It comes standard on the FE cars and I would have ordered it anyway. I made a post about the technology of the system in another thread, so you can search for it if you are interested. Do not worry, KEF is indeed a high-quality company with tremendous engineering talents. And they will not be going this alone, two other industry powerhouse companies will be assisting. Combined, they have many hundreds of high-end OEM stereo systems under their belts.

I have a 2017 Evora in perfect condition, 18K miles, stick, dark grey with black leather. It will be coming up for sale soon. I will post it on the Lotus forum in a few weeks.

Cheers,

Glenn