EMIRA in Bay Area CA.

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Hello I'm new here just want to see if anyone is from Bay area California it would be nice to keep in touch with any updates so we're not always in the dark waiting ..
February 2022 put my deposit with Los Gatos dealership which is a horrible dealership no updates at all or whatsoever after they took my deposit.

March 22,2022 got my email from lotus about the one step closer to Emira .

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello I'm new here just want to see if anyone is from Bay area California it would be nice to keep in touch with any updates so we're not always in the dark waiting ..
February 2022 put my deposit with Los Gatos dealership which is a horrible dealership no updates at all or whatsoever after they took my deposit.

March 22,2022 got my email from lotus about the one step closer to Emira .
I also put my deposit with Los Gatos (albeit earlier on July 9th). They told me they'd keep me updated with any and all news they receive along the way from Lotus. Haven't heard a peep from them until I messaged them last month. Someone finally responded saying the rep was on a leave of absence. Fast forward to last week, I received a call telling me I had 72 hours to send in my configuration code. Thankfully I have my order in, but communication hasn't been the strongest with Los Gatos.

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Alan Grana who is my sales guy at Park Place Lotus in Bellevue, Washington, has been great at communicating with me. Today he sent me the email from Lotus saying they'd received my order for an FE, and asked that I review it to make sure it was all correct. It was and I confirmed.

One thing I did notice was I had added Homelink as an option, and it said that's standard and I wasn't charged extra for it. I don't know if it's standard anywhere else, but it looks like it is for North America FE's.

CarGuy07

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I have a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus in RWC beginning of September. Communication has been sparse to none, especially in the last 4-5 months. Once I reached out, Tom was very apologetic and gave me all the info I’ve gathered on here. Nothing else since then. I go back and forth on Emira vs GT4. At first I was 100% Emira, but with the communication and terrible marketing, I’ve started losing interest. It will be a year before the second batch of the V6 goes into production. As of now, I’m lukewarm on the prospect of having an Emira.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
One thing I did notice was I had added Homelink as an option, and it said that's standard and I wasn't charged extra for it. I don't know if it's standard anywhere else, but it looks like it is for North America FE's.
Homelink is fitted as standard for North America and is a cost option everywhere else.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Feb deposit too with Boardwalk. Kyle and Tom have replied here and there but limited communication.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I have a deposit with Boardwalk Lotus in RWC beginning of September. Communication has been sparse to none, especially in the last 4-5 months. Once I reached out, Tom was very apologetic and gave me all the info I’ve gathered on here. Nothing else since then. I go back and forth on Emira vs GT4. At first I was 100% Emira, but with the communication and terrible marketing, I’ve started losing interest. It will be a year before the second batch of the V6 goes into production. As of now, I’m lukewarm on the prospect of having an Emira.
I was not so impressed with the 982 GT4 if that's helpful. I rented one for a full day in LA. Great car, don't get me wrong, just not that special. Suggest you wait until you drive the demo Emira so you can compare and decide.

Attachments

• CCCC6C09-376E-4A16-B4E0-9C942860C84B.jpeg
    CCCC6C09-376E-4A16-B4E0-9C942860C84B.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 71

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I talk to tom alot from boardwalk . But i've also been in automotive along time so i kinda know how it goes. he pretty much pass's on what he knows but lotus is very very bad at u.s.a. updates . i'm kinda with you guys the longer lotus goes without giving us package prices .The more i'm about to just switch my deposit to the other boardwalk dealer and order a vette.

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score
Kinda glad to hear I'm not the only one starting to lose interest because of the lack of communication from lotus and especially lotus dealership they used to email me every other day about my interest on the Emira and how I should make a deposit then they disappear lol I've started looking at the AMG GT R coupe which is my other choice too or the new 2023 Nissan Z which has a very similar specs as the Emira

darkling

Emira Fan
Reaction score
careful on the z it's using the same engine the infinity uses and they have had turbo problems and a few other things i'm not convinced the bugs are ironed out of that engine

Dabjbr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Another person with a deposit at Boardwalk. Just patiently waiting as my delivery date isn’t until 2023. I want to read reviews and possibly drive it before I actually buy Anyway. Therefore, I’m not upset.

LotusNewbie

Reaction score
I'm with Los Gatos as well and i think they operate on a "we'll call you if we have any news" basis, otherwise don't expect us to call you. Personally, i've been calling them once a month lately to get updates as I should be pretty close (mid-July deposit)

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I'm with Los Gatos as well and i think they operate on a "we'll call you if we have any news" basis, otherwise don't expect us to call you. Personally, i've been calling them once a month lately to get updates as I should be pretty close (mid-July deposit)
Yes, you should receive a call in the next few months. Do you know what number you are in the queue? Sounds like they’ve gone through the first 12.

LotusNewbie

Reaction score
Yes, you should receive a call in the next few months. Do you know what number you are in the queue? Sounds like they’ve gone through the first 12.
that's what they told me too that first 12 are in. I'm #16 but who knows what their list really looks like :) Lets see someone comes in and offers +$50k for a slot, think I'll just get bumped back.

Wizardwings

Emira Fan
Reaction score
that's what they told me too that first 12 are in. I'm #16 but who knows what their list really looks like :) Lets see someone comes in and offers +$50k for a slot, think I'll just get bumped back.
They won’t be bumping anyone back, but I get the sense they’re not too worried if you cancel your already configured car - they’ll sell your car to someone else with adm on top.

LotusNewbie

Reaction score
yes, i heard they are getting 22 cars this year and all cars this year are FE cars.

OP
K

Krisjc21

Reaction score
I also put my deposit with Los Gatos (albeit earlier on July 9th). They told me they'd keep me updated with any and all news they receive along the way from Lotus. Haven't heard a peep from them until I messaged them last month. Someone finally responded saying the rep was on a leave of absence. Fast forward to last week, I received a call telling me I had 72 hours to send in my configuration code. Thankfully I have my order in, but communication hasn't been the strongest with Los Gatos.
Yikes that sucks u almost missed out on that timeline .. I actually just received a update email from Los Gatos telling me that I am 74th on their list could move up when people start cancelling but yeah they don't have a very good customer service

Last edited: