Emira Front?

SlashVlP2

Reaction score
Hello Guys

This might be a bit of a dumb question, but i just can't find an answer.
What's in the Front of the Emira (under the hood)? I assume that some space is needed for the steering mechanism but is there something else?

NickR

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello Guys

What's in the Front of the Emira (under the hood)? I assume that some space is needed for the steering mechanism but is there something el
it’s all radiators, air conditioning, washer fluid etc

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hello Guys

What's in the Front of the Emira (under the hood)? I assume that some space is needed for the steering mechanism but is there something else?

Cant be 100% until we actually see it in person but I would assume its just like in the Evora.

e.g. Washer fluid reservoir, break booster and brake fluid reservoir, several radiators (coolant, transmission, AC), power steering fluid reservoir etc.

Due to the new larger design of the bonnet (versus the small 'flap' in the Evora's front clamshell), it should be much more accessible for service, inspection or repair.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Cant be 100% until we actually see it in person but I would assume its just like in the Evora.

e.g. Washer fluid reservoir, break booster and brake fluid reservoir, several radiators (coolant, transmission, AC), power steering fluid reservoir etc.

Due to the new larger design of the bonnet (versus the small 'flap' in the Evora's front clamshell), it should be much more accessible for service, inspection or repair.
Exactly this. It's hinged at the front and opens along the lines of the boomerang vents.

The headlights, wheel arches and suspension also take up more inbound space than many people appreciate.

SJR202

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hoped there might be a bigger boot on the Emira (or even a small front boot) - personally think shows how well Porsche did on the Boxster to have sizeable front and rear boot and still have somewhere to put the roof mechanism and storage.

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
Agree. Seems a shame that there is not even a shallow froot/ frunk like the A110 has managed. Along with the deeper boot and storage behind the seats, that would have been GT-level awesome. Assume that boot will get 'warm' despite the engine airflow. Not one for grocery runs.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Agree. Seems a shame that there is not even a shallow froot/ frunk like the A110 has managed. Along with the deeper boot and storage behind the seats, that would have been GT-level awesome. Assume that boot will get 'warm' despite the engine airflow. Not one for grocery runs.

The trunk sotrage is insulated a bit, but definitely store the ice-cream in the cabin for those longer grocery trips.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If we didn’t know how much @TomE loves us, this thread proves it.

He could have easily said “oh yeah, Lotus is working on various custom options for the front boot. My favorite is the 007 edition with drink making enthusiast essentials.”

At least half of us would have to at the very least raise an eyebrow and consider it truth simply due to the street cred @TomE has with us.

Cheers to you @TomE for not taking advantage of your earned cred. ;)

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
@SJR202 ironcially Porsche did this by using inferior suspension. Lotus has had double wishbones in the front for a while, which takes up more space. Porsche just started this with the 992 gt3. Do you want a better front end or one that has a boot?

LotusAmateur

Reaction score
@SJR202 ironcially Porsche did this by using inferior suspension. Lotus has had double wishbones in the front for a while, which takes up more space. Porsche just started this with the 992 gt3. Do you want a better front end or one that has a boot?
Does not have to be an either or. It is a design decision. Alpine has double wishbones all around and still managed to squeeze in a froot without compromising handling. Maybe Lotus just could not make it work with the aero they wanted upfront. Not a deal breaker.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
If we didn’t know how much @TomE loves us, this thread proves it.

He could have easily said “oh yeah, Lotus is working on various custom options for the front boot. My favorite is the 007 edition with drink making enthusiast essentials.”

At least half of us would have to at the very least raise an eyebrow and consider it truth simply due to the street cred @TomE has with us.

Cheers to you @TomE for not taking advantage of your earned cred. ;)

You're obviously remembering my post about the optional Mulliner "Bollinger" upgrade to the seats and twin cup holders :)

mulliner-bentley-bentayga-champagne-cooler-jpg.1276

OP
S

SlashVlP2

Reaction score
Do you got any Blueprint of the car. I've already seen some Pictures of some Blueprints in other threads but i'm not sure if there is an official document

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Do you got any Blueprint of the car. I've already seen some Pictures of some Blueprints in other threads but i'm not sure if there is an official document
It's in the V6 FE spec doc:

Autopsy

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Judging from the line art provided by the spec doc, even if lotus manages to do a front boot it will be very small and shallow. A slanted front with a tilt-mounted radiator just take too much space.
However I do think being able to pop open the front bonnet to take out even just a laptop is kind of cool and part of experience of owning a mid-engined sports car;)
Yes I am superficial like that.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I reckon you could fashion a neat little basket arrangement in there to warm your lunch via the heat from the rads... tuck some pies or pasties in there, go for a half hour blast to wherever, and serve. MMMmmm mmmm. Probably not as effective as engine-block pies, but still...

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is where i4 owners will have a significant advantage - the heat from the turbo is going to let you cook a full three-course meal while you drive ;)