digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
    Featured
Hi Folks,

Great event at SSC (Simply Sports Cars) in Sydney this morning. Sorry I didn't see the questions before we went, but the car is stunning in the flesh. I have been impressed with what information we know - but seeing it confirms that and more. What a car !

This car is a preproduction car around the same vintage of the HP007 car that was used in the Top Gear review and others, according to Matt Windle and will end up in the 'crusher'. The paint was done in the old paint booth(s) and was very, very good, but will improve again in the new paint shop. The Seneca Blue 'popped' and was much more 'alive' than I envisaged. The fleck is small but noticeable - with the Black Pack it was a great contrast.

Fit and finish is a significant step forward - seriously good and is only going to get better. There was a few fit items Dash/A-pillar, Door speaker grill, carpet, and rear panel/clam that we noticed and Matt pointed out as well - but these and others are or have already been rectified. That's what a preproduction car is for !

The exhaust sound had that metallic bark that we love and will get more bass in the final iteration.

The switches, dials, stalks etc had a nice feel to them and well integrated and nice to touch - same for the steering wheel.

The KEF stereo was clear, no distortion and the lows, mids and highs were all well matched - a great sound - even at significant volume.

The Lotus exec's - gave a update on the Strategic Plan and (Vision 80 - I hope I have that right), Type 134,135, etc. Their plan is to sell over 100,000 vehicles pa - 90,000 lifestyle and 10,000 sports cars in ten years. Last year they sold 1,500 cars. The Emira acceptance and orders have completely smashed their expectations and its made the team re-evaluate production plans (for more cars). Significantly, it was mentioned that they were ahead of their fiscal plan by 12 months, which is fantastic to hear having seen the brand struggle for so long.

The exec's were humble, approachable and great to chat to. Looking forward to catch up with them again at Bathurst. This Emira should made it out on the track !

Yes, I'm Lotus biased - but no-one should be disappointed with the Emira or Lotus - we have all experienced growing pains.

Cheers all.

(For some reason the photos have been rotated and some of the lower lights were yellow - which you can see).

View attachment 5554View attachment 5555View attachment 5556View attachment 5557View attachment 5558View attachment 5559View attachment 5560View attachment 5561View attachment 5562View attachment 5563
Thanks Craig, great summary and glad you enjoyed the event!

One great point you made that I forgot to mention in my updates is that this car will go to the crusher, so there are bits on it that are known ‘factory seconds’ if you like.

An example is one of the diamond cut wheels that has little chips on the diamond cut face edges that wouldn’t normally pass quality control, but are still serviceable for a test vehicle like this one. Same for the seats as another example.

I’m quite relaxed that final customer production cars will be fabulous. What I saw down in Melbourne was so impressive already.

I look forward to seeing the Emira racing around Bathurst on Tuesday. Mark (from SSC - Lotus Melbourne) is a fantastic racing driver and the car will be in great hands. I hope they record some lap times!

GetawayDriving

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
The Lotus exec's - gave a update on the Strategic Plan and (Vision 80 - I hope I have that right), Type 134,135, etc. Their plan is to sell over 100,000 vehicles pa - 90,000 lifestyle and 10,000 sports cars in ten years. Last year they sold 1,500 cars.

Is this globally?

For comparison, the Corvette sold 8,811 cars in the first quarter of 2022 in the USA alone.

10,000 cars is what the 911 sells annually in the US.

10,000 sports cars (as in, not just Emira but electric sports cars as well?) globally per year by 2028?

That would mean Emira will remain a very special and exclusive car for a very long time.

OP
digilotus

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Is this globally?

For comparison, the Corvette sold 8,811 cars in the first quarter of 2022 in the USA alone.

10,000 sports cars (as in, not just Emira but electric sports cars as well?) globally per year by 2028?

That would mean Emira will remain a very special and exclusive car for a very long time.
Correct, target of 10,000 Hethel made sports cars globally per annum.

This might also include future Alpine and Type 135 cars - so all sports cars combined. Get a V6 Emira while you can! There will be many more Emiras than Evoras, but comparative to other manufacturers they will still be a rare breed.

EM33RA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hrey
Hi Folks,

Great event at SSC (Simply Sports Cars) in Sydney this morning. Sorry I didn't see the questions before we went, but the car is stunning in the flesh. I have been impressed with what information we know - but seeing it confirms that and more. What a car !

This car is a preproduction car around the same vintage of the HP007 car that was used in the Top Gear review and others, according to Matt Windle and will end up in the 'crusher'. The paint was done in the old paint booth(s) and was very, very good, but will improve again in the new paint shop. The Seneca Blue 'popped' and was much more 'alive' than I envisaged. The fleck is small but noticeable - with the Black Pack it was a great contrast.

Fit and finish is a significant step forward - seriously good and is only going to get better. There was a few fit items Dash/A-pillar, Door speaker grill, carpet, and rear panel/clam that we noticed and Matt pointed out as well - but these and others are or have already been rectified. That's what a preproduction car is for !

The exhaust sound had that metallic bark that we love and will get more bass in the final iteration.

The switches, dials, stalks etc had a nice feel to them and well integrated and nice to touch - same for the steering wheel.

The KEF stereo was clear, no distortion and the lows, mids and highs were all well matched - a great sound - even at significant volume.

The Lotus exec's - gave a update on the Strategic Plan and (Vision 80 - I hope I have that right), Type 134,135, etc. Their plan is to sell over 100,000 vehicles pa - 90,000 lifestyle and 10,000 sports cars in ten years. Last year they sold 1,500 cars. The Emira acceptance and orders have completely smashed their expectations and its made the team re-evaluate production plans (for more cars). Significantly, it was mentioned that they were ahead of their fiscal plan by 12 months, which is fantastic to hear having seen the brand struggle for so long.

The exec's were humble, approachable and great to chat to. Looking forward to catch up with them again at Bathurst. This Emira should made it out on the track !

Yes, I'm Lotus biased - but no-one should be disappointed with the Emira or Lotus - we have all experienced growing pains.

Cheers all.

(For some reason the photos have been rotated and some of the lower lights were yellow - which you can see).

View attachment 5554View attachment 5555View attachment 5556View attachment 5557View attachment 5558View attachment 5559View attachment 5560View attachment 5561View attachment 5562Great write up mate, glad you enjoyed it.

Any note on why the car suspension doesn’t sit right? Front is higher than the back significantly.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So I guess it's safe to assume Melbourne > Sydney 😀. Sydney folks did not share as much feedback from the local event.

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
So I guess it's safe to assume Melbourne > Sydney 😀. Sydney folks did not share as much feedback from the local event.
Sydney event was good, with a reasonable turnout, but a bit low key and generic compared to Melbourne. Just held at the local dealership, not in a cool-vibe location like the one in Melb.

MCS

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Sydney event was good, with a reasonable turnout, but a bit low key and generic compared to Melbourne. Just held at the local dealership, not in a cool-vibe location like the one in Melb.
I’ve never been to Australia but based on this alone Melbourne is much cooler than Sydney

KusaKusa

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up! Since you mentioned it, any details on Type 135? :)

Craig S

Reaction score
Is this globally?

Hi Bren, yes this was global production. Towards the end of the decade when all factories are on-line they mentioned production capacity of 150K.

Off to the Bathurst launch now.

Cheers,

Craig S

Reaction score
Hrey

Any note on why the car suspension doesn’t sit right? Front is higher than the back significantly.
Hi,
Not a this stage, still a preproduction car, so not finalised. IMO it looked OK and didn't shout out - 'look at that gap.' Will ask over the next day or so if the opportunity arises.
Cheers,

3MIRA

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hmm open bar, hope the Perth reveal is on a friday! (wishful thinking):cool:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The Emira will be available for viewing in Sydney at Simply Sports Cars Artarmon:
Sunday 29th May – 10:00 – 15:00
Monday 30th May – Thursday 2nd June