Emira event in Sydney

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
The Seneca Blue pre-production car that was in Melbourne yesterday will be unveiled in Sydney tomorrow!

Please list any questions for Sydney attendees in this thread. I look forward to new photos and video clips being shared soon!

Rumor has it that the car will be racing around Bathurst on Tuesday and even Matt Windle might have a go behind the wheel. Might even include a camera crew. Happy times!

virtualmacho

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know it's still a preproduction car, but much closer to the real thing than the Shadow Grey show car I saw in January. Close up photos of the following would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  • front hood / bonnet hinge and bolts
  • front license plate holder and mounting screws
  • side mirrors
  • rear battery cover / terminals
  • USB ports
  • 12v ports (cigarette lighter)
  • glovebox and other storage areas
  • parking brake switch
  • other switches and knobs
  • pedals
  • behind the seats
  • under the seats / rails
  • view in the mirror
  • view thru rear glass
  • refreshments served

Last edited:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Further confirmation on ADAS and the various elements of it would be handy, including what’s being fitted to what cars!

I posted an update from the ADAS team in early April but this could have changed, as it’s one area heavily affected by chip shortages for all car manufacturers.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I think we all want finalized ride height confirmation after seeing the recent pics of the larger front wheel gap.

I'd really like to see the digital speedo and customization options. I remember seeing an early pic showing GPS maps in the center of the digital speedo display. Is this still a feature? Does the navigation display there from Android Auto/Apple Carplay or just on the center infotainment screen?

I'd also like a shot of the "sport pedals" which are an options and included in the Lotus Design Pack (standard on the FE).

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Where are the videos from the other AU event? I have only seen photos and cant find any videos searching.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I think we all want finalized ride height confirmation after seeing the recent pics of the larger front wheel gap.
Yup, I'd really like an answer on this. Russell Carr and his team will have spent thousands of hours poring over every tiny visual detail of the Emira, so you would think that making the car look 'right' in normal road trim would have been fully considered in the design process. The front ride height of these pre-prod cars is baffling.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, I'd really like an answer on this. Russell Carr and his team will have spent thousands of hours poring over every tiny visual detail of the Emira, so you would think that making the car look 'right' in normal road trim would have been fully considered in the design process. The front ride height of these pre-prod cars is baffling.

Exactly. One of the attractive features of a Lotus is that it's pretty much done for you. There's no real need to mod it further. I have a tuner car already that I enjoy tinkering with. I want my $100k exotic euro supercar to be excellent right out of the gate without a desire to drop $3k on coilovers right away.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I don’t think the ride height looks any worse than the videos of the Emira GT4.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I don’t think the ride height looks any worse than the videos of the Emira GT4.

Not to divert this thread, but the GT4 ride height is MUCH better than the recent production Emira pics we've seen.

03.jpg

07.jpg

1dbc958b-99a4-48b7-847c-28657eeac2cc-jpeg.5400

5cfc0bfd-c723-45d3-ad77-b3a910b65d99-jpeg.5455

Last edited:

Blue97

Reaction score
Quite , it is baffling . The Gt4 looks like a Supercar the Blue one doesn’t . Must be such a simple fix for Lotus.

PaulP

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes the gt4 is the correct height hoping for that!

Last edited:

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Not to divert this thread, but the GT4 ride height it MUCH better than the recent production Emira pics we've seen.

03.jpg

07.jpg

1dbc958b-99a4-48b7-847c-28657eeac2cc-jpeg.5400

5cfc0bfd-c723-45d3-ad77-b3a910b65d99-jpeg.5455
That GT4 is soooo badass! Just looks so damn right.

That needs an extra MAF sensor - Mean As F***!

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I know it's still a preproduction car, but much closer to the real thing than the Shadow Grey show car I saw in January. Close up photos of the following would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
  • front hood / bonnet hinge and bolts
  • front license plate holder and mounting screws
  • side mirrors
  • rear battery cover / terminals
  • USB ports
  • 12v ports (cigarette lighter)
  • glovebox and other storage areas
  • parking brake switch
  • other switches and knobs
  • pedals
  • behind the seats
  • under the seats / rails
  • view in the mirror
  • view thru rear glass
  • refreshments served
And can someone check if there’s a 12v socket in the boot/trunk please?

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to know if the forged wheels are actually fully forged or just flow formed (just the barrel).

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Any chance we could see the dashboard screen when reversing? Does it have guidelines on the rear camera view? Some cars have “intelligent” lines that show where you’d go as you turn the wheel. Does it beep at you as you approach objects (front and back)?

I’d also like to see the screen graphics for the sound system. Does it say KEF on the screen? And what are those little rectangular grills in the headliner?

Craig S

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Great event at SSC (Simply Sports Cars) in Sydney this morning. Sorry I didn't see the questions before we went, but the car is stunning in the flesh. I have been impressed with what information we know - but seeing it confirms that and more. What a car !

This car is a preproduction car around the same vintage of the HP007 car that was used in the Top Gear review and others, according to Matt Windle and will end up in the 'crusher'. The paint was done in the old paint booth(s) and was very, very good, but will improve again in the new paint shop. The Seneca Blue 'popped' and was much more 'alive' than I envisaged. The fleck is small but noticeable - with the Black Pack it was a great contrast.

Fit and finish is a significant step forward - seriously good and is only going to get better. There was a few fit items Dash/A-pillar, Door speaker grill, carpet, and rear panel/clam that we noticed and Matt pointed out as well - but these and others are or have already been rectified. That's what a preproduction car is for !

The exhaust sound had that metallic bark that we love and will get more bass in the final iteration.

The switches, dials, stalks etc had a nice feel to them and well integrated and nice to touch - same for the steering wheel.

The KEF stereo was clear, no distortion and the lows, mids and highs were all well matched - a great sound - even at significant volume.

The Lotus exec's - gave a update on the Strategic Plan and (Vision 80 - I hope I have that right), Type 134,135, etc. Their plan is to sell over 100,000 vehicles pa - 90,000 lifestyle and 10,000 sports cars in ten years. Last year they sold 1,500 cars. The Emira acceptance and orders have completely smashed their expectations and its made the team re-evaluate production plans (for more cars). Significantly, it was mentioned that they were ahead of their fiscal plan by 12 months, which is fantastic to hear having seen the brand struggle for so long.

The exec's were humble, approachable and great to chat to. Looking forward to catch up with them again at Bathurst. This Emira should made it out on the track !

Yes, I'm Lotus biased - but no-one should be disappointed with the Emira or Lotus - we have all experienced growing pains.

Cheers all.

(For some reason the photos have been rotated and some of the lower lights were yellow - which you can see).

tempImageni1mv7.png
tempImageOWUCGl.png
tempImageQmZDRk.png
tempImage10fYJS.png
tempImageyJeMb8.png
tempImageYCPhH6.png
tempImageuQHWKJ.png
tempImagetOdjnJ.png
tempImagenHf2d2.png
tempImageZu3l07.png

Last edited by a moderator: