Emira event in Melbourne

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can someone please sit in the show car and report back whether someone who is 169cm can easily reach the pedals/clutch for manual spec :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Yes thats not a problem. The seats move forward quite alot!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
What a brilliant event today! It was so eye opening seeing the car in person compared to all the photos of the Seneca show car and Shadow Grey dynamic prototype published to date. We were so privileged to have Matt Windle and his exec team down under in Melbourne participating in the event. What a great passionate team!

Don't know what strings the local Lotus team pulled (thanks fellas!), but we were fortunate to have one of the late pre-production cars on public display even though it had the steering wheel on the wrong side. Plus lots of engine revving sounds that resonated through the fancy venue in the heart of Melbourne!

Matt kindly took a few notes regarding some requests of mine (not going to spoil things yet), so I'll share those once I get some answers forthcoming.

Have lots of new exciting information to share but will need to publish in stages as I write it up and collate all the photos! Stay tuned...

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Emira Headlights

The latest revision of the Emira headlights are just beautiful!

The detail within the lenses including little honeycomb patterns in a metallic dark grey finish, raised embossed bright chrome EMIRA logo, dark chrome light surrounds and finely engraved daytime running lights that look like they are laser cut out of crystal make them look absolutely stunning!

Matt confirmed that there are no differences in the headlight design between cars with a black pack and those without.

Look and drool. :love: In real life they look 10x better than than what these photos can convey.

emira-headlight-design.png

emira-headlight-design2.png

Last edited:

Nick in Sydney

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Other car companies release pictures with no issue.
No, they don't. Which sports car manufacturer releases final photos of a brand new model in six different colours before the car has even gone into production? I can't think of one.

With Porsche, for example, you normally get 1-2 colours in the launch release material. I think the challenge in our situation is that Lotus decided to launch the Emira using all-new colours. If not for that, there would be far fewer complaints; we'd just be looking at photos of Evoras or Elises to make our colour choice.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Emira Headlights

The detail within the lenses including little honeycomb patterns in a metallic dark grey finish, raised embossed bright chrome EMIRA logo, dark chrome light surrounds and finely engraved daytime running lights that look like they are laser cut out of crystal make them look absolutely stunning!

Matt confirmed that there are no differences in the headlight design between cars with a black pack and those without.

Look and drool. :love: In real life they look 10x better than than what this photo can convey.

View attachment 5459
Great picture of the detail.

Did they also confirm it's the same design worldwide? We saw previous pictures of some with and without the amber side marker required for the US built in to the light.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
No, they don't. Which sports car manufacturer releases final photos of a brand new model in six different colours before the car has even gone into production? I can't think of one.

With Porsche, for example, you normally get 1-2 colours in the launch release material. I think the challenge in our situation is that Lotus decided to launch the Emira using all-new colours. If not for that, there would be far fewer complaints; we'd just be looking at photos of Evoras or Elises to make our colour choice.
Disagree! Maserati MC20 is the first one that comes to mind. There are plenty more if you research.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Interior Lighting

There are a few lovely surprises here! A while ago there was some debate after the Top Gear VP007 video review came out as to whether there was ambient lighting on certain parts of the dash. Very few of you agreed with me but I can prove you all wrong now! haha

Passenger-side dash ambient lighting

The ambient lighting looks lovely at night. And yes, the little "dash nook" on the passenger side does lite up at night when you open the doors as part of the car's overall ambient lighting. It looks classy, not too bright and is a clean white light.

ambient-lighting.png

Manual shift mechanism ambient lighting

The manual shifter is exposed - and as an added easter egg - it is lit up as well! (Sorry about the crappy photo!)

shifter-grille-lighting.png

gear-mechanism-light.png

Last edited:

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Great picture of the detail.

Did they also confirm it's the same design worldwide? We saw previous pictures of some with and without the amber side marker required for the US built in to the light.
I understand that the US will have different lights (front and rear) as Lotus cleverly incorporated the "side view" amber & red lights (required by law in the US) into the front and rear light units.

The lights I saw were not US spec and the white reverse light was also underneath the number plates.

Green

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I respect your view. My view is that they should release pictures of FE painted cars outside. There really is no excuse. I’m personally tired of hearing that it might look different on some peoples devices. Other car companies release pictures with no issue. It is a epically terrible decision being made by someone at

Just looked up Toyota GR Corrola. You can see all of the colors on real cars.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interior Lighting

There are a few lovely surprises here! A while ago there was some debate after the Top Gear VP007 video review came out as to whether there was ambient lighting on certain parts of the dash. Very few of you agreed with me but I can prove you all wrong now! haha

Passenger-side dash ambient lighting

The ambient lighting looks lovely at night. And yes, the little "dash nook" on the passenger side does lite up at night when you open the doors as part of the car's overall ambient lighting. It looks classy, not too bright and is a clean white light.

View attachment 5460

Manual shift mechanism ambient lighting

The manual shifter is exposed - and as an added easter egg - it is lit up as well! (Sorry about the crappy photo!)

View attachment 5461
Lit up? Love it!!!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Lotus Key

Who wants to see the Lotus Key? :love:
Because you all asked so nicely!

Here it is....

It is quite nice to hold in the hand, not very thick, not very heavy and has metal around the sides and edges which should make it quite resilient to drops and daily wear and tear. It is also laser engraved with "FOR THE DRIVERS".

key-front.png

key-side.png

key-buttons.png

Cutting42

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Here it is....

Its quite nice in the hand, not very thick, not very heavy and has metal around the sides and edges which should make it quite resilient to drops and daily wear and tear. It is also laser engraved with "FOR THE DRIVERS".

View attachment 5463

View attachment 5464

View attachment 5465

I confess having got used to my phone as the car key for my Tesla, I see a metal and plastic lump as a bit old fashioned now. Looks pretty nice but I have got used to not needing to carry keys around with me all the time.

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Here it is....

Its quite nice in the hand, not very thick, not very heavy and has metal around the sides and edges which should make it quite resilient to drops and daily wear and tear. It is also laser engraved with "FOR THE DRIVERS".

View attachment 5463

View attachment 5464

View attachment 5465
Nice and simple- not overwrought. The side with the badge is reminiscent of the bonnet vents, no accident I'll wager.

EmiraMike

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Headlights

Look and drool. :love: In real life they look 10x better than than what this photo can convey.

View attachment 5459
Nicely spotted! The headlights were one of the things that grabbed me during my tour of Hethel last week. They look amazing when they're off and massively distinctive when on #WinWin

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
KEF Audio

Obviously this is hard to convey...

Being the crafty buggers that us Aussies are, the boys here tested out the audio system. Even via bluetooth where the sound quality is a bit degraded, it is really, really impressive! Rated at 340W (actual power rating, not PMPO), its not so loud as to shake the windscreen off the car or blow out your ear drums, but you can crank it up loud and it doesn't distort. Lovely clear highs, mids and deep clear lows.

For those of you who like a quality audio system in your car, I think we're in for a real treat!

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Start button cover

The painted red metal cover on top of the start button has a nice little spring action whereby if you let it go, it doesn't drop down but gently lowers until it is in the closed position. Very cool and works really well.

start-button-cover.png

At night it is lit up white with an ambient border.

start-button-ambient-lighting.png

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Start button cover

The painted red metal cover on top of the start button has a nice little spring action whereby if you let it go, it doesn't drop down but gently lowers until it is in the closed position. Very cool and works really well.

View attachment 5467

At night it is lit up white with an ambient border.

View attachment 5468
Thank you - keep the sexy details coming please!

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Headlights

View attachment 5459
Those look fabulous, even a little remiscent of those in the GMA T.50 in that they have some visible workings, albeit no visible gold anodised heat-sink on show!