Emira details

theredmini

Reaction score
Thought I’d post a few pics of some of the details of the Emira that caught my eye. I saw the car in the flesh at Goodwood a while ago, but whilst most of the attention was on the Seneca Blue car on the Lotus stand, the comparatively plainly specced grey car that Jenson Button drove up the hill was much more interesting, mainly because I could actually sit in that one, but also because the likes of Gavin Kershaw were hanging around it in the paddock and made for some interesting conversation.

One of my favourite details was this, the HVAC directional control button shows the driver wearing a helmet, looking like a little Stig!
ACDB1028-9688-4EA8-B9A8-AACE86F25017.png

I also liked that the manual gearbox had an exposed linkage, though it seems a shame it’s hidden behind a plastic mesh cover. I do wonder whether it’s a little panel that could easily be popped off?
E066691E-B556-40BC-9B2E-252E208B2D06.jpeg

It was also interesting to see the amount of space available behind the seats. Enough for a helmet…
DF5C92E2-47B2-4DFF-A082-4B8B64C10209.jpeg

Also, my inner 9 year old liked the engine start button cover…
569B3934-E5E4-4625-A8D0-559EA07A3019.jpeg

Anyone else notice any details they liked?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nice pics, I hadn't spotted the helmet-clad driver before.

I spoke to them about the mesh over the exposed gear linkage. They said it might be an issue in some countries to have it fully exposed as it would be a potential finger trap issue. They hadn't decided if it was going to be fitted to all cars, only for cars in affected countries or a customer-specified option. I was told it would be removeable (y)

Last edited:

Stsainj

Reaction score
Thought I’d post a few pics of some of the details of the Emira that caught my eye. I saw the car in the flesh at Goodwood a while ago, but whilst most of the attention was on the Seneca Blue car on the Lotus stand, the comparatively plainly specced grey car that Jenson Button drove up the hill was much more interesting, mainly because I could actually sit in that one, but also because the likes of Gavin Kershaw were hanging around it in the paddock and made for some interesting conversation.

One of my favourite details was this, the HVAC directional control button shows the driver wearing a helmet, looking like a little Stig!
View attachment 213
I also liked that the manual gearbox had an exposed linkage, though it seems a shame it’s hidden behind a plastic mesh cover. I do wonder whether it’s a little panel that could easily be popped off?View attachment 214
It was also interesting to see the amount of space available behind the seats. Enough for a helmet…
View attachment 215

View attachment 216

Sting needs to stay cool to operate optimally! ;)
They’ve said the storage behind the seats could accommodate two wheeled bags I believe. Do you think that’s upright or is there enough space to lay them horizontally?

klho001

Emira Fan
Reaction score

View attachment 213
I also liked that the manual gearbox had an exposed linkage, though it seems a shame it’s hidden behind a plastic mesh cover. I do wonder whether it’s a little panel that could easily be popped off?View attachment 214
View attachment 215

View attachment 216

Can you comment on the quality of the materials of interior? Reviews rave about it, is it Audi-like standard?

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those, really enjoyed seeing some new details. Hopefully in September/October (in UK) we'll all get our slot to view first hand, can't be long until dates are announced?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Sting needs to stay cool to operate optimally! ;)
They’ve said the storage behind the seats could accommodate two wheeled bags I believe. Do you think that’s upright or is there enough space to lay them horizontally?
Upright for sure. If you and/or your passenger have short legs and have the seats well forward then flat may be possible too.

It's one situation where my short legs are an advantage and I can easily get my children or my bike in the back of my Evora. I'll be interested to see if I can get a bike in the back of an Emira at the dealer tour :)