Emira Deposit Holders Test Drive Reviews

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
As I've just mentioned on FB why the actual f**k is there not at least a car or two doing a dealer demo tour in the UK for early deposit holders??
I never thought the yanks would be test driving a British sports car before UK clients..

The equivalent would be the UK getting to test a Corvette before any Americans.

Shame on you, Lotus

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
I never thought the yanks would be test driving a British sports car before UK clients..

The equivalent would be the UK getting to test a Corvette before any Americans.

Shame on you, Lotus
Yanks for the win! Strong dollar, bigger everything, a non-posh accent, sorry for you Brits, colonial times are over.

J/K I live in yankee land but wasn't born here.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Only thing I would say is try to give the sport suspension some more trouble if you can. It's the only point (besides what colour ppl want haha) that is still very much all over the place. Maybe just get a feel if it is to jarring in certain ways. Sometimes very difficult to get on a short test drive tho.
If the test drive is still freeways then look out for median rumble strips, joints between concrete sections and level changes at overpasses etc. Steer to drive over those and see how it responds.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
As I've just mentioned on FB why the actual f**k is there not at least a car or two doing a dealer demo tour in the UK for early deposit holders??
Because they keep thinking they’ll have demo cars out with UK dealers “soon”. Originally due in April, delayed month by month for parts supply reasons and now due in early/mid Oct. But could be delayed again, as delayed 6 times already.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I’m watching now with interest to see if I take the car & flip it quickly or simply cancel the deposit…
I've still not been able to sell my gt4 so am considering keeping it and either cancelling or flipping the emira, tbh though I'm not sure they'll be much of a market for it, maybe 5k overs for the first few months?

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
If we had known how delayed it would be we probably wouldn't still be here.
But we didn't so....
I guess like me you feel invested enough now to see it though til test drive no matter what
Exactly this, very clever play by Lotus to have us dangling enough at the end of the string to keep us interested.

Although that tether is wearing very thin,I've already decided one more delay and its dropping tk a base model for me and a Spyder in the meantime

Jon_N

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I've still not been able to sell my gt4 so am considering keeping it and either cancelling or flipping the emira, tbh though I'm not sure they'll be much of a market for it, maybe 5k overs for the first few months?
Agree, it’s a short window… once stock starts finally flowing prices will realign downwards. I’m hoping if I flip with delivery mileage I could get £10k over for FD, any less & I won’t bother..

Shyatic

Reaction score
If you can take a picture or mental note of getting in/out the car "my way" I would love that. Imagine you knee is hurt and you can't just enter regular way of stepping in with the good knee while leaving the bad knee on the pavement and then dropping yourself . Instead, face the street, squat down and sit and swing the legs. Reverse to get out if the car.
So I did this -- or my best attempt at it -- it's a long drop to "plop" into the car. For an able-bodied person it's not much issue, but it's a low car. So the drop of gravity trying to get yourself into the seat is pretty far.

That said, getting out is likely easier as you'll be using the A pillar or something to help yourself out.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
So I did this -- or my best attempt at it -- it's a long drop to "plop" into the car. For an able-bodied person it's not much issue, but it's a low car. So the drop of gravity trying to get yourself into the seat is pretty far.

That said, getting out is likely easier as you'll be using the A pillar or something to help yourself out.
Thanks a lot you totally rock! Is the long plop/ drop because of the height/vertical distance (which I'm fine with) or the distance from the edge of the side sill to the seat?

Shyatic

Reaction score
Thanks a lot you totally rock! Is the long plop/ drop because of the height/vertical distance (which I'm fine with) or the distance from the edge of the side sill to the seat?
The height -- it's just the time gravity would take to "hit" the seat. The side sill/edge didn't see much an issue to me.

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
The height -- it's just the time gravity would take to "hit" the seat. The side sill/edge didn't see much an issue to me.
Got it. That's better news, I can work on the deep squatting!

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
Has anyone seen a detailed Emira dimensions drawing?

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Has anyone seen a detailed Emira dimensions drawing?
It's in the V6 specification:

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Got it. That's better news, I can work on the deep squatting!
It may be easier as a three stage process, by first sitting down on the sill with your back to the car, then swinging your legs into the footwell and then shifting your body into the seat. I have to do this in the Exige because the sill is high, the drop to the seat is big and the door opening is quite small.

This picture may help (the seat is quite far forward - you could use the two seat memory presets to have one as your position and one as fully back):

IMG_0884.JPG

Cachaco131

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It may be easier as a three stage process, by first sitting down on the sill with your back to the car, then swinging your legs into the footwell and then shifting your body into the seat. I have to do this in the Exige because the sill is high, the drop to the seat is big and the door opening is quite small.

This picture may help (the seat is quite far forward - you could use the two seat memory presets to have one as your position and one as fully back):

View attachment 9348
Thanks @TomE , this is helpful and could work too. The joys of being injured!