Emira alternatives

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I share mixed feelings about staying or dropping out as you all do. In the end, I always ask myself, if I were driving on the road next to one, would I have any regrets of not getting it? So far, the answer is strongly yes, so I stay, for now ...
@Lolub i drove past a red 72 plate Ferrari today (not sure the model) and a Magma Red Emira within 2 mins of each other. The Ferrari looked boring compared to the Lotus

OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I hadn't appreciated how cheap you can find a nice face-lift V8 Ftype for.
Think I still want a manual car, but going to take a Ftype 450 for a drive just to make sure.
Hey @Tonyshepp 👋 😅
Still love the F type. Likely what I was going to get before the Emira was released. Either an R or SVR 👌🏻

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
What car/cars are you looking at now. Thank you, my car looks even better in the flesh, especially next to my runaround Mini Cooper on the drive.
I'm always looking 😅 but to be honest after the last two years of investment in the Emira I'm just going to have a break until Spring then decide.
I have a new EV arriving next month so that will be an interesting learning curve and keep me occupied for a few weeks... ☺️

OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
  1. 911 (just can't go wrong)
  2. Emira (best looking and new)
  3. F-Type (British made, looks great, sounds great)
  4. BMW M4 (if it has to be on your list 😝)
  5. Vantage (expensive to run)
  6. McLaren (prepare for Armageddon IF you are unlucky)
Manual V10 Spider R8 is a VERY safe bet in terms of keeping value.
yep, R8 on my test drive list if I can find one.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Still love the F type. Likely what I was going to get before the Emira was released. Either an R or SVR 👌🏻
This with a stage 1 remap to an SVR busting 598bhp 780NM of torque would be a crazy car for the money

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I'm always looking 😅 but to be honest after the last two years of investment in the Emira I'm just going to have a break until Spring then decide.
I have a new EV arriving next month so that will be an interesting learning curve and keep me occupied for a few weeks... ☺️
That's great, something to concentrate your mind on. Even though Lotus seemed to go out of their way to make the last 3 years and 2 months as painful and stressful as they could. Also, as a result, I considered cancelling many times, even as a Lotus enthusiast. But, having said that, when I drive my Emira or even look at it in the garage, I am glad I didn't cancel. That said, I will never buy a new Lotus again, I would, however consider a used Lotus as the dealer is amazing and it would not involve any contact/dealings with Lotus.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
That's great, something to concentrate your mind on. Even though Lotus seemed to go out of their way to make the last 3 years and 2 months as painful and stressful as they could. Also, as a result, I considered cancelling many times, even as a Lotus enthusiast. But, having said that, when I drive my Emira or even look at it in the garage, I am glad I didn't cancel. That said, I will never buy a new Lotus again, I would, however consider a used Lotus as the dealer is amazing and it would not involve any contact/dealings with Lotus.
I haven't ruled out a second hand GT410. Happily take it to and deal with Central at Nottingham
Also interesting

Last edited:
OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This with a stage 1 remap to an SVR busting 598bhp 780NM of torque would be a crazy car for the money

Lovely!!! Yep, think F types are some of the best value cars for money right now.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Well that's the F types gone from Autotrader @Leonard , thought we were keeping that quiet. Plus they have depreciated massively if you buy 18 months old and get a stage 1, supercar baiter.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Well that's the F types gone from Autotrader @Leonard , thought we were keeping that quiet. Plus they have depreciated massively if you buy 18 months old and get a stage 1, supercar baiter.
Arse I hadn't thought about that 😶‍🌫️
Think there may be a few to go around mind

FrenchBred

Reaction score
Why is F type generally a bit unloved?
I test drove a v6s auto about 18 months ago but it wasn't very exciting and I didn't think it was worth seeking out a manual car. I would love the v8 but I'm not a fan of auto. Pre face-lift coupe is gorgeous in my eyes though 😍

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just a note to say the youtuber, ex stock car racer, owner of 54 cars, just told me he does not think he will be keeping the Emira.... cant even have put 100 miles on it yet. I didn't bother to ask why, you can ask him on his channel.. hah. I guess he may do a couple of videos, or may not even bother, didn't seem too excited by it.
I am still surprised by the ferrari and Gt3/4 owners who bought the emira ..... I dont mean to be down on the Emira, but if I had a 200k car car.... I'd probably not be buying an 80k one, no matter how it looks, it wont/cant compare to a real supercar. For the rest of us who dont have supercars, then thats a different story...

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just a note to say the youtuber, ex stock car racer, owner of 54 cars, just told me he does not think he will be keeping the Emira.... cant even have put 100 miles on it yet. I didn't bother to ask why, you can ask him on his channel.. hah. I guess he may do a couple of videos, or may not even bother, didn't seem too excited by it.
I am still surprised by the ferrari and Gt3/4 owners who bought the emira ..... I dont mean to be down on the Emira, but if I had a 200k car car.... I'd probably not be buying an 80k one, no matter how it looks, it wont/cant compare to a real supercar. For the rest of us who dont have supercars, then thats a different story...
@emiraspain wow, would be interested to know what he disliked about it. When you have 54 cars, you are clearly someone that tends to hold them.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
For folk with a long history of sports cars, it's probably just not raw enough.
A gorgeous GT if you have other cars that offer a more seat of your pants experience, or are new to sports cars.
Or he could just have flipped it for more money at your expense 🙃🤣

Johnson

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
This YouTube generation… it’s a new world of entitled prats. I’m still getting used to seeing guys half my age with sports cars they obviously haven’t worked for (and yes, I’m jealous).

For me the Emira is the culmination of all my years of car worship and hard work. Every day I view this forum and feel like I’m busting out of my skin to have mine delivered. When someone so casually onsells it I feel a bit miffed.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
@emiraspain wow, would be interested to know what he disliked about it. When you have 54 cars, you are clearly someone that tends to hold them.
when i change his status to trade from private by perhaps calling the dvla tomorrow, if they allow me to... on the V5, I will ask him. If they dont let me, he probably wont be best pleased and hence I wont ask.. hah.
This keeping it as trade means he for sure wont be keeping it, apart from telling me.
If I find out, Ill be sure to tell

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
For folk with a long history of sports cars, it's probably just not raw enough.
A gorgeous GT if you have other cars that offer a more seat of your pants experience, or are new to sports cars.
Or he could just have flipped it for more money at your expense 🙃🤣
well, if he makes money flipping it, it will be down to him and his youtube channel, not down to the car.... they are not flying off the shelves and there is no big long waiting list for those wanting the car soooooner rather than later. A great looking car and no one wants to pay much for it..... wrong thread....
I may buy it back off him...and not be out, but be in haha...I'd pay 75 for it... but no more!

hagen111

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So the closest rival to the Emira that I (as in me!) have identified...and what I would have expected from the Emira is the Maserati MC20...

Won Evo car of the year 2022. Steve Sutcliffe's review: "Best car I have driven in 10 years"...I continued watching reviews and everyone says its marvelous, a bit like a lotus, or Alpine A110. An amazing supercar for the road.

So I bought one! Out goes the GT3.
Now Emira needs to be a hell of a good car...other wise it can leave the garage as well.

Last edited:

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I think the Emira makes a great beater for those people. Something they can take out to the store that's more exciting than an Audi but also don't mind parking among the proletariat.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
well, if he makes money flipping it, it will be down to him and his youtube channel, not down to the car.... they are not flying off the shelves and there is no big long waiting list for those wanting the car soooooner rather than later. A great looking car and no one wants to pay much for it..... wrong thread....
I may buy it back off him...and not be out, but be in haha...I'd pay 75 for it... but no more!
Oh that would just be epic hahahaha