Emira alternatives

nickorette

Reaction score
Haha Imagine a lot of people feeling the same.

Amazing you loving the car so much, most who have bought not to flip, seem to love it!

I’ll be honest, my heart says Emira. Got a 2nd test drive in couple of weeks and going to try get some others booked in around that, so I can make my final call.

Think these drives and the feeling on the day will ultimately make my mind up.
Buying a sports/supercar isn't a rational decision, so it's best to use the heart when it comes to these matters

That being said an F430 F1 or previous Gen 6 speed V12 Vantage would make a good addition to the consideration list, I'm biased however

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
  1. 911 (just can't go wrong)
  2. Emira (best looking and new)
  3. F-Type (British made, looks great, sounds great)
  4. BMW M4 (if it has to be on your list 😝)
  5. Vantage (expensive to run)
  6. McLaren (prepare for Armageddon IF you are unlucky)
Manual V10 Spider R8 is a VERY safe bet in terms of keeping value.

DJS

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
  1. 911 (just can't go wrong)
  2. Emira (best looking and new)
  3. F-Type (British made, looks great, sounds great)
  4. BMW M4 (if it has to be on your list 😝)
  5. Vantage (expensive to run)
  6. McLaren (prepare for Armageddon IF you are unlucky)
Manual V10 Spider R8 is a VERY safe bet in terms of keeping value.
Ade

With your change of circumstances are you thinking of going for a 911?

NicolasB

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I think the only new car on my list I’d consider that’s roughly around the same price is a 718 spyder or gt4.
Currently 1st on a list for a new GT4, but supposedly Porsche is no longer letting people order the current one. Was offered a Spyder allocation they had, but hesitantly passed. I am waiting for my M4 allocation and already have over $5k in parts on order for it 😆 Unfortunately the Porsche dealer wants a $25k ADM, so I told them to keep me on the list, but I wasn't paying it.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ade

With your change of circumstances are you thinking of going for a 911?
Ha - Fair question.

No.

It's related to money, investment in non-cars and us not moving house so I still only have the one garage and this is in it :)

20221221_165729.jpg

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Protect email = October 21st
Checkout Email and process completed = December 14th

Heard nothing.
Chased them up on Friday.

As much as I believe the car is amazing - I am now on the verge of having to cancel for other reasons.
You have ordered a 296 GTB haven't you..... 👀

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Ha. Actually,. I have not and may not. IIRC it was a 30k deposit and I would still have to sell 2 other cars in summer 2024 to be able to buy it. Supposed to be an excellent car.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Damn right. Last of the great Metzger engines. Really raw, lighter, sound good, looks good.
A high point and definitely a decent investment. I;d even be happy with a LHD car.

I often eye up the lime green and the orange cars. Full clubsport with the side graphics. Yummy.

A lesser 997 though is a great alternative to an Emira -for similar money.

Wow - wish I had not looked. :)

I did not realise you could still get a decent 997 GT3 for less than 90K. There are cheaper ones on there too. Umm.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Ha. Actually,. I have not and may not. IIRC it was a 30k deposit and I would still have to sell 2 other cars in summer 2024 to be able to buy it. Supposed to be an excellent car.
Stunning all rounder. Be nice to live with something at the pinnacle of perfection if even for a short while. And I don't really 'do' Ferraris but the 296 is great 🤩

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
I hadn't appreciated how cheap you can find a nice face-lift V8 Ftype for.
Think I still want a manual car, but going to take a Ftype 450 for a drive just to make sure.
Hey @Tonyshepp 👋 😅

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Currently 1st on a list for a new GT4, but supposedly Porsche is no longer letting people order the current one. Was offered a Spyder allocation they had, but hesitantly passed. I am waiting for my M4 allocation and already have over $5k in parts on order for it 😆 Unfortunately the Porsche dealer wants a $25k ADM, so I told them to keep me on the list, but I wasn't paying it.
you passed on a spyder allocation?? I have been well informed that 2023 is the end of the line for GT4/Spyder... Model year '24 will be Spyder RS and GT4 RS (and GTS,S,Base) - and a very hefty price difference.

Spyder was the best car I have ever had, so good that I re-order one and will be receiving it in a few months. I will not ever sell it. Production slated for March. I would seriously re-look at the spyder... In all honesty the top down experience in it is great. But if you don't like convertibles I get it, not for everyone.... Emira will be along side it, hoping for a good year on the markets to make it happen in 2023 hahaha

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
you passed on a spyder allocation?? I have been well informed that 2023 is the end of the line for GT4/Spyder... Model year '24 will be Spyder RS and GT4 RS (and GTS,S,Base) - and a very hefty price difference.

Spyder was the best car I have ever had, so good that I re-order one and will be receiving it in a few months. I will not ever sell it. Production slated for March. I would seriously re-look at the spyder... In all honesty the top down experience in it is great. But if you don't like convertibles I get it, not for everyone.... Emira will be along side it, hoping for a good year on the markets to make it happen in 2023 hahaha
I still hate you 😛😅

OP
C

Calran

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I am flying to Florida for a 4 day trip with my brother in March. I have a '19 F-Type SVR convertible rented on Turo. We will be laughing non-stop at the crackling exhaust the whole time, I can just see it.
One of the very best sounding cars you can get. Enjoy!

Scruff111S

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
It is a shame, but it is what it is.
Just strange decision making by Lotus yet again. Why give Birmingham, Nottingham and Bradford dealers all Sports... 🤪
Glad it worked out well for you in the end, car looks stunning 😀🤩
What car/cars are you looking at now. Thank you, my car looks even better in the flesh, especially next to my runaround Mini Cooper on the drive.