Does anyone know how many Lotus dealerships there are in Canada?

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I know of two in Southern Ontario, Toronto and Oakville, one in Vancouver BC, probably one in Quebec.
Any others?
Not very many dealers in Canada at all.
When they talk about 700 cars for North America, is that first year launch edition cars, or the total of all Emira's period?

Mike-engel

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I know of two in Southern Ontario, Toronto and Oakville, one in Vancouver BC, probably one in Quebec.
Any others?
When they talk about 700 cars for North America, is that first year launch edition cars, or the total of all Emira's period?
I suspect the 700 cars will easily be taken up by V6 FEs. The numbe of deposits for FE cars far exceeds that number. I’ve heard the total number of deposits could satisfy 3-4 years of production geared toward North America. That doesn’t take dropouts into account, but there has been an exceptional amount of interest here.

Haffway

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Any others?
One in Calgary

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
700 is just 2022 allocation, there will be more capacity in 2023 as it's a full year of production.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
700 is just 2022 allocation, there will be more capacity in 2023 as it's a full year of production.
That's good to know.
Any idea how many years they will produce the Emira.
2022, 2023, 2024???

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
That's good to know.
Any idea how many years they will produce the Emira.
2022, 2023, 2024???
A major factor is when the ban on the sale of petrol engined cars comes into effect in the UK. Plus the Toyota V6 will fail upcoming EU emissions legislation and is unlikely to be updated. The AMG i4 will fail it too, but I expect it will be updated to comply.

I reckon production will continue until at least 2027 but after that it’s harder to predict. If there’s strong enough demand and legislation allows then they’ll keep going beyond that.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Tom, I put my deposit down here in Canada on Jan 3/2022 for a V6 manual base edition, so hopefully I can get my car at some point in 2023.
2024 just seems like a very long way off.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I beleive 4500 cars per year is based on 1 8-hour shift and they’ve said they could go up to 3 and run 24/hr a day. It’s all new staff though so that would make one a bit nervous, plus can you even find the staff for that in the current labour market (Also likely to work night shift), In any case, from what I’ve read it sounds like they do plan on going to 2-shifts at some point in 2022. Imagine they want to deliver the first cars before doing so to work out any kinks. So I would expect 4500 to ship in 2022 and 9000 in 2023. As far as Canada, I would guess the majority of orders would be Ontario & BC and then a bunch in Quebec followed by AB. Curious where they’ve actually sold more between Ontario & BC given Ontario would be the natural assumption while the Vancouver dealership has made claims that they are receiving the “lion’s share”. If that’s not true then I’d hope they face consequences of making such a claim.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I beleive 4500 cars per year is based on 1 8-hour shift and they’ve said they could go up to 3 and run 24/hr a day. It’s all new staff though so that would make one a bit nervous, plus can you even find the staff for that in the current labour market (Also likely to work night shift), In any case, from what I’ve read it sounds like they do plan on going to 2-shifts at some point in 2022. Imagine they want to deliver the first cars before doing so to work out any kinks. So I would expect 4500 to ship in 2022 and 9000 in 2023. As far as Canada, I would guess the majority of orders would be Ontario & BC and then a bunch in Quebec followed by AB. Curious where they’ve actually sold more between Ontario & BC given Ontario would be the natural assumption while the Vancouver dealership has made claims that they are receiving the “lion’s share”. If that’s not true then I’d hope they face consequences of making such a claim.
Don't forget there are two Lotus dealerships in Southern Ontario in the Metro Toronto area, where there's only one in Vancouver, tough call who's the bigger dealership.
I'm sure if you add up the sales from Toronto and Oakville they would probably surpass Vancover.
Personally I don't care who the bigger dealership is as long as I get a Seneca blue V6 manual Emira, hopefully sometime in 2023.
Cheers.

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Yup, Vancouver seems like a good market, just that BC is 1/3 Ontario’s population. I got my deposit in mid July a week after the car was announced, I didn’t pry much but my sense of what they indicated at the time was 2022 with a chance it could slip into 2023. Realistically 2023 was my expectation and the expected delays basically confirms that to me. All I’m hoping for is that I get it spring or early summer 2023 and could care less if it’s any earlier. It’s a second car that will be put away in the winter so I’m really hoping I don’t end up getting it late 2023 and have to wait all winter to have fun :). Also want the V6 Seneca, basically the show car spec but in V6 manual. Good luck!

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Don't forget there are two Lotus dealerships in Southern Ontario in the Metro Toronto area, where there's only one in Vancouver, tough call who's the bigger dealership.
I'm sure if you add up the sales from Toronto and Oakville they would probably surpass Vancover.
Personally I don't care who the bigger dealership is as long as I get a Seneca blue V6 manual Emira, hopefully sometime in 2023.
Cheers.
Not sure but is the Oakville dealership new? My understand was that it is while Gentry is very estabilished, so if that’s the case I imagine a lot of the buyers are existing Lotus loyalists. Anyone know how many Oakville has taken deposits on? I think I heard from a recent deposited at Gentry they were about 80.

OP
M

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Yup, Vancouver seems like a good market, just that BC is 1/3 Ontario’s population. I got my deposit in mid July a week after the car was announced, I didn’t pry much but my sense of what they indicated at the time was 2022 with a chance it could slip into 2023. Realistically 2023 was my expectation and the expected delays basically confirms that to me. All I’m hoping for is that I get it spring or early summer 2023 and could care less if it’s any earlier. It’s a second car that will be put away in the winter so I’m really hoping I don’t end up getting it late 2023 and have to wait all winter to have fun :). Also want the V6 Seneca, basically the show car spec but in V6 manual. Good luck!
Good luck to you too also my friend.
I currently own two cars, a winter car Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TDI automatic and a fun summer car, a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N manual, which I will be either trading in or selling once my Emira shows up.
My only concern now is currently I don't have a garage, so I'm either going to have to get a car shelter or actually build a new garage for my house.
I'm not really comfortable leaving the Emira sitting outside on my driveway.
At least I now have time to get the garage built.
Are you in the Toronto area or Vancouver?

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Good luck to you too also my friend.
I currently own two cars, a winter car Volkswagen Golf SportWagen TDI automatic and a fun summer car, a 2020 Hyundai Veloster N manual, which I will be either trading in or selling once my Emira shows up.
My only concern now is currently I don't have a garage, so I'm either going to have to get a car shelter or actually build a new garage for my house.
I'm not really comfortable leaving the Emira sitting outside on my driveway.
At least I now have time to get the garage built.
Are you in the Toronto area or Vancouver?
I’m in Toronto, same thing I’m in a condo indoor parking and will contemplate winter storage vs using a facility and cancelling the insurance. The problem with using a storage facility is I’d still have to rent a second parking space since buying one won’t happen and probably won’t be able to get one for 6 months at a time or at least it would be a pain. So may have to just eat the insurance cost over the winter even though I’m not driving it since I think you have to at least go around the block once a month or there will be problems having it just sit all winter…

Carbuilder

Emira Fan
Reaction score
So I would expect 4500 to ship in 2022…
You may be very disappointed then. Production for North America isn’t starting until September and Lotus is saying 700 cars for NA. Unless I’m not understanding the email that has been reference from Lotus.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
It's 4,800 per year on one shift. But in 2022 production only starts mid year, so likely to be 3,200-3,500 cars worldwide.

They're already advertising for staff for a second shift but my hunch is that won't be fully operational until late 2022. I also think they will wait to see how many current deposits drop out when asked to commit orders and what the flow of new orders is after press reviews and dealer demo cars. It's a big exercise to add a second shift, so they'll need to be confident there's sustained higher demand, not just an initial peak.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Tom, I put my deposit down here in Canada on Jan 3/2022 for a V6 manual base edition, so hopefully I can get my car at some point in 2023.
2024 just seems like a very long way off.
I think 2023 is much more likely than 2024. They don't have a clear picture of i4 FE demand yet, firstly as the specs and pricing haven't been announced. Secondly because they've only asked people about V6 FE or "not V6FE", so don't know splits between FE and Base Edition. I suspect the Base cars will follow much sooner after the i4 FE than the gap between V6 FE and i4FE.

The update next week should clarify a few things on timing.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To answer the OP original question... There appears to be a total of 5 dealerships in Canada. Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and 2 in Toronto. Here's the map from the Lotus website for reference.
1642436555141.png

DF_Toronto

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
To answer the OP original question... There appears to be a total of 5 dealerships in Canada. Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and 2 in Toronto. Here's the map from the Lotus website for reference.
View attachment 2517
Based on 700 cars to NA. What would be everyones “guess” on allocations here?

I’ll go first:
Vancouver - 20
Gentry (Toronto) - 20
Quebec - 15
Oakville - 10
Calgary - 5

These guesses would be for late 2022 delivery.
Then I would double that number for 2023 delivery.
Beyond that 2-3X in 2024 non-FE editions.
This is just a fun guess.

Emira2222

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order

I’ll go first:
Vancouver - 20
Gentry (Toronto) - 20
Quebec - 15
Oakville - 10
Calgary - 5

This seems like a reasonable evaluation... I'll second these values!

prestonc

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

I’ll go first:
Vancouver - 20
Gentry (Toronto) - 20
Quebec - 15
Oakville - 10
Calgary - 5

With these figures, I'd love to be in that exclusive club of Canadian Emira owners, no matter how long it takes.

You guys will be the envy of your counties!!!