Does anyone know the model number of this connector?

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Does anyone know the model number of this connector?

This connector is located behind the glove box and is not used.
However, I found out that this connector can take accessory power (ACC) and constant power (battery).

1698999769841.png
1698999779143.png
1698999792053.png

OP
forest

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I wonder what that is normally for?
Perhaps they use it when installing the Electronic toll collection system(ETC).

I also had my ETC installed at the dealer, and the power was taken from here.
The red cable is taking accessory power from the cable.

NigeT

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Kimmax

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wonder if we can use this for a dashcam?

OP
forest

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Wonder if we can use this for a dashcam?
It works fine.

Currently I have the ETC and drive recorder powered from here.
Once the coupler is available, future Emira users will be able to install it more easily.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Looks like a TE 174921-1, and the matching female side is 174928-1. And you'll need three of the female pins, I'll assume you want pre-tinned phosphor bronze. There are two sizes: 24-22AWG wire: 175029-2, 20-16AWG wire: 175030-2. Normally you need a specialized crimper tool for assembling these types of connectors, but if you are skillful with a pair of needle nose pliers and a soldering iron, you can hand assemble this for a one-off.

Edit: Found this on Aliexpress where they will sell you assembled connectors with cables: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804299917285.html?

Last edited:
OP
forest

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yep, but you have to buy the pins and assemble it yourself. The aliexpress shop will assemble for you, which saves some hassle.
I thought aliexpress products only come with the necessary parts and not pre-assembled?

Also, a soldering iron is not required for assembly, but crimping pliers.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
I thought aliexpress products only come with the necessary parts and not pre-assembled?

Also, a soldering iron is not required for assembly, but crimping pliers.
If you look at the photos of the aliexpress listing, the "male with cables" shows an assembled connector. You can always ask the seller to clarify if it is assembled or not.

OP
forest

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If you look at the photos of the aliexpress listing, the "male with cables" shows an assembled connector. You can always ask the seller to clarify if it is assembled or not.
The price is low so I will order it, check it out and report back on the results.
Even if it is not assembled I can assemble it.

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
The price is low so I will order it, check it out and report back on the results.
Even if it is not assembled I can assemble it.
Given the location of this connector, it could be really useful for others to tap into for a variety of in-car accessories. Thanks for braving the path!

kitkat

Emira Degenerate
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Looks like a TE 174921-1, and the matching female side is 174928-1. And you'll need three of the female pins, I'll assume you want pre-tinned phosphor bronze. There are two sizes: 24-22AWG wire: 175029-2, 20-16AWG wire: 175030-2. Normally you need a specialized crimper tool for assembling these types of connectors, but if you are skillful with a pair of needle nose pliers and a soldering iron, you can hand assemble this for a one-off.

Edit: Found this on Aliexpress where they will sell you assembled connectors with cables: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804299917285.html?
Just out of curiosity how did you look these up? I’ve always wondered how to go about this without literally just breaking out 4 thick catalogs from major manufacturers and just paging through them.

There are sites that help you find them if you email the etc, but they charge $50 for a pigtail which is absurd.

I would like to acquire said skill :)

Nova

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity how did you look these up? I’ve always wondered how to go about this without literally just breaking out 4 thick catalogs from major manufacturers and just paging through them.

There are sites that help you find them if you email the etc, but they charge $50 for a pigtail which is absurd.

I would like to acquire said skill :)
Usually, the connectors from the major manufacturers have *some* kind of marking that at least tells you who made them. If you are familiar with the trade you are in (communications, medical, defense, automotive, etc) then typically you can recognize the connectors based on general familiarity. Once you know the manufacturer, they typically have online parts browsers that make it pretty easy to find what you want. What can get tricky is inspecting boards/parts made using replica parts, which may have no markings or markings using numbers that you can't identify. Those are very challenging and was kind of an equivalent situation with the original post of just having a photo of the connector. So I made two assumptions:
  • This is an automotive-specific connector, which certainly looks to be the case based on general experience
  • It's made by one of the major manufacturers such as TE, Molex, Amphenol, etc, because car manufacturers have to keep track of parts source batches for record-keeping and you generally prefer the larger manufacturers for this.
  • It's a popular/current part because this is a new car design so they would want a reliable future source for this connector.
The above means I should be able to find this connector from a large supplier like Mouser Electronics. So I went to Mouser, which has a specific parts catalog for automotive connectors, and selected the properties of: white, 3-position, unsealed, crimp:

Just a few connectors showed up and it was just a simple visual search from that point on. Once you have one part number, you can get the other information from the datasheet of that one connector.

Granted, this had some elements of luck. There are smaller connector manufacturers or more esoteric connector designs that Lotus could have used for this part, but they didn't.

OP
forest

forest

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We have received the product and would like to report the results.

The connector model number 174928-2 matched.
The product website seemed to offer a choice of pre-assembled ones, but due to the actual role and color difference, I purchased the unassembled ones and assembled them.
The 3-pin connector seemed to be one for the battery, one for accessory power, and one for ground (GND).
It is smarter than taking it from the fuse box and I am personally happy with it.

Thank you Porter for telling me about the connectors!
1702109705705.png

1702109720885.png

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Don't give me too much credit, it was @Nova who did the hard part! Glad to see you have a working solution.

silent cilantro

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
@forest where exactly is this connector? I assume your car is RHD so I’m not sure if harnesses differ.

Last edited: