Do you think dealers will offer to buy the car from deposit holders?

DerTheDer

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Do you think dealers will offer to purchase the FE Emiras from the deposit holders once they are paid for and hit the dealership? They can turn a nice profit if they do that. I know for me mine is being sold to me for MSRP but I always wondered if the dealer will ask if they can purchase it from me for like 10k over and sell it for markup?

Captain.Kirk

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Do you think dealers will offer to purchase the FE Emiras from the deposit holders once they are paid for and hit the dealership? They can turn a nice profit if they do that. I know for me mine is being sold to me for MSRP but I always wondered if the dealer will ask if they can purchase it from me for like 10k over and sell it for markup?
It’s also possible that like the volatile Corvette C8 market some dealers could demand a large markup above MSRP when you go pickup your Emira and if you’re not willing to pay their price then sell it to someone willing to pay the inflated price. Then you’re cut out of the deal completely. Unfortunately that’s been happening with the C8 since it’s in high demand. I don’t agree with those dealers practices but it happens too often. I like to think all Lotus dealers are honest and will stand firm on the MSRP which is the right thing to do.

vdr

Emira Fan
Reaction score
With little to no transparency in this whole US deposit and/or ordering process I’d think the shadier dealers will simply take your spot in line and forego any offer to buy your car for a markup.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com

Latest posts