Depreciation/Appreciation on New Lotus Emiras

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I had a call from Lotus finance today to say that my finance costs were less than they were pre Christmas because the resale values were better than expected. Unexpected saving. I also see a few cars for sale £10k over list price.
Hope they ring me back and tell the same....

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Funny that I was having a play on the configurator and thought the payments were slightly less than last time I looked.
30mths seemed to be the optimum for a lower monthly for me.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Just found this , yes its predicted values but its what the Fleet think the Emira will be in 3 years and 30000 miles but it just shows how the market perceives the car. Makes for interesting reading against the Cayman GTS 4.

View attachment 20838
You won't be able to buy a loaf of bread for 37k in 2026 let alone an Emira 🤣

It's a total unknown so I'd take that with a pinch of salt, just a standard 50% is calculation

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
You won't be able to buy a loaf of bread for 37k in 2026 let alone an Emira 🤣

It's a total unknown so I'd take that with a pinch of salt, just a standard 50% is calculation
you are right on the loaf of bread!

Tailslides

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Eight cars on autotrader must be a good chunk of early deliveries, they don't seem to be moving off the classified adverts though, inflated prices so not unexpected really, the range being from £88k -£100k

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Eight cars on autotrader must be a good chunk of early deliveries, they don't seem to be moving off the classified adverts though, inflated prices so not unexpected really, the range being from £88k -£100k
Give it until spring time to really decide... A lot of people don't want to test drive in winter weather and hold back due to road conditions. It is a sports car after all. I would say give it until May/June to really know how these hold up residuals wise.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Give it until spring time to really decide... A lot of people don't want to test drive in winter weather and hold back due to road conditions. It is a sports car after all. I would say give it until May/June to really know how these hold up residuals wise.
I wouldn't be surprised if interest and therefore prices don't firm up a bit in the spring when there's more about, in magazines, maybe TV etc
I still see the ceiling around mid to late 80s for these but i think when it settles they'll hover around list for some time.

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
So what’s everyone’s thoughts on values with the current ones for sale being 85k? Honestly they seem lower than expected at this point in time

JasonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Under 80k when a 1000 are released in June at the new price point.
Surely with the new price point the used market should be quite strong? Especially with such a long wait list globally?

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Under 80k when a 1000 are released in June at the new price point.
I think totally the opposite, when the car hits mainstream media, there's a few more about and the price increase sinks in values will firm up if anything. Time will tell .

Beady

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Currently 18 cars on auto trader - I think if you offered £80k to all of them, one of them would bite !

Given the recent price increase they are already now on sale below current list price

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Interesting that lotus are allowing dealer demos to be sold, I thought originally they couldn't sell any cars for 6 months these cars have only been demos for 3 months so why the change? Wonder how many cancelled orders are laying around 🤔 that could now become demo cars and then sold?

Dommo

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The sad reality is that the Emira is not selling on the used market over list price. A lot of the cars listed have been advertised for weeks/months and include several price drops.

We can surmise about 'how the price will strengthen' once more people know about the Emira, but the reality is that even the die hard car enthusiasts who will have known about the car since it's launch are not buying them at even slightly over the 'old' list price!

Bottom line is, don't buy ANY car expecting the make money....buy it to enjoy it and suck up the depreciation.

jimbobc

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I wonder why there aren't extensive road tests in the media of the production cards? It's months since first delivery and didn't the media only drive very early possible pre prod cars? Seems strange

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I wonder why there aren't extensive road tests in the media of the production cards? It's months since first delivery and didn't the media only drive very early possible pre prod cars? Seems strange
One of the questions I'll be asking Scott walker when I collect my car Monday

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Also worth bearing in mind it ain't just the Emira, it took me 5mths and a big drop to sell a 981 gt4 and I've Bern seeing that on the gt4 pages. Times are tough in this price bracket

New to Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Exactly overs for a car is over, I'm afraid unless you get something very special made in very small numbers.
Back to normal now it's all about how much value it keeps after 3 yes.

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I still suspect that the V6 FE will be a long-term value holder due to being less common than AMG i4.

Also, prices are rising and the Emira might will be knocking on the door of £100k in the not too distant future.