Depreciation/Appreciation on New Lotus Emiras

Flashback

Reaction score
With an hour and a half to run, the one on Collecting Cars is only at £78k still, so roughly list price with the extras but 6% fee to add on top.

912Matt

Emira Fan
Reaction score
The comments are interesting-a few people seem to think that you can order one now, albeit with a 2 year wait, and that when it’s delivered in 2025 Lotus will still be charging £79k for a V6 FE

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
With an hour and a half to run, the one on Collecting Cars is only at £78k still, so roughly list price with the extras but 6% fee to add on top.
But still down on purchase including road tax delivery and admin fee

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
The comments are interesting-a few people seem to think that you can order one now, albeit with a 2 year wait, and that when it’s delivered in 2025 Lotus will still be charging £79k for a V6 FE
In 2 years from now, you might be able to get a 10K discount off MSRP at the dealer. (probably not tho haha) New model, bad economy, no sales history, high interest rates.... A lot depends how many get resisted for sale in the next 60-90 days. If there is more than 30-40 Emira's for sale by Feb/March in the UK you won't need to order one, you can probably find your spec for a small discount off MSRP on auto trader with delivery miles.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
In 2 years from now, you might be able to get a 10K discount off MSRP at the dealer. (probably not tho haha) New model, bad economy, no sales history, high interest rates.... A lot depends how many get resisted for sale in the next 60-90 days. If there is more than 30-40 Emira's for sale by Feb/March in the UK you won't need to order one, you can probably find your spec for a discount off MSRP on auto trader with delivery miles.
Agree. Never have I been so desperate for Lotus NOT to call me about January delivery

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
In 2 years from now, you might be able to get a 10K discount off MSRP at the dealer. (probably not tho haha) New model, bad economy, no sales history, high interest rates.... A lot depends how many get resisted for sale in the next 60-90 days. If there is more than 30-40 Emira's for sale by Feb/March in the UK you won't need to order one, you can probably find your spec for a discount off MSRP on auto trader with delivery miles.
Not in the UK you won't get a dealer discount. The new direct model means Lotus set the retail price and there's no negotiation. And not on the value of your trade it either. It's purely a transaction.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Not in the UK you won't get a dealer discount. The new direct model means Lotus set the retail price and there's no negotiation. And not on the value of your trade it either. It's purely a transaction.
didn't know that... a la Tesla!.... That should certainly help with residuals. It's a good idea and fairly soon all manufacturers will follow course.

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Agree. Never have I been so desperate for Lotus NOT to call me about January delivery
I still think you won't drive a cheaper car this summer, and have has much fun. There is no way it depreciates more than 10%(I hope) by fall if you get it in January. Even with 5K miles.

Magicman

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
84,500 plus fees, couple of grand more than i thought so nearly 90k all in.

Wonder where the member is who kept insisting to me him and his brother in law were getting 105k each from a trader is 🤔 hope he got that in writing 😬

1stczechemira

Emira Fan
Reaction score

Not in our country either... here is the standard dealer model not the UK agent model... but my Emira in mid October was the first NEW car my dealer sold this year... couldn't even sell more it was the first car that left the factory for the Czech market... that's a situation where you don't even want to discuss the price with the dealer, he also has to live on something and so you need to let him earn something! Otherwise, there will be no dealer and therefore no service!

OP
T

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Just found this , yes its predicted values but its what the Fleet think the Emira will be in 3 years and 30000 miles but it just shows how the market perceives the car. Makes for interesting reading against the Cayman GTS 4.

1672832771772.png

Markus

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I had a call from Lotus finance today to say that my finance costs were less than they were pre Christmas because the resale values were better than expected. Unexpected saving. I also see a few cars for sale £10k over list price.