Default audio device not being remembered

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Question for other Emira owners.

I use a USB drive for my music which is plugged into what the Emira identifies as USB2.

But every time I get in my car I have to keep selecting the USB device again as it seems to have defaulted back to radio - which is getting really tedious.

I had left it until now hoping that my recent trip to the dealer and receiving all the software updates may have resolved it, but unfortunately not.

Anyone else noticing this or have any ideas please?

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Question for other Emira owners.

I use a USB drive for my music which is plugged into what the Emira identifies as USB2.

But every time I get in my car I have to keep selecting the USB device again as it seems to have defaulted back to radio - which is getting really tedious.

I had left it until now hoping that my recent trip to the dealer and receiving all the software updates may have resolved it, but unfortunately not.

Anyone else noticing this or have any ideas please?
Yes, I'm having to do the same with the memory stick on USB2 and I haven't found a way to resolve it.

Reactions: ADC
OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yes, I'm having to do the same with the memory stick on USB2 and I haven't found a way to resolve it.
Glad it is not just me, but how annoying - wish we could find a solution - never had the issue on other cars

Reactions: ADC

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Nothing useful to contribute here, other than to agree this is an obvious miss on a basic feature 👎

Davebeats

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Can you try and see if it does the same thing when plugged into different usb ports? There's three of them I believe?

Thank you,

Mistral

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Can you try and see if it does the same thing when plugged into different usb ports? There's three of them I believe?

Thank you,
I've only tried it in the armrest USB A and it's left in all the time as it's difficult, impossible even, to insert when driving.

OP
D

donskibeat

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

Thank you,
In the armrest one of the USB ports is type A and one is type C, I have tried using a converter cable to connect my USB drive to the type C socket as well but same issue unfortunately.

The USB behind the mirror has my dashcam connected and the USB in the centre console according to the manual is for device charging only so not suitable for media.

nimbusblack

Reaction score
think this one of those 'its by design' things rather than an issue that will be fixed.

can you switch to the USB input via the voice prompting at all? not sure thats any less tedious but im curious.

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
'its by design'
Speaking as a grey(ish)beard software engineer, you'd have to be a complete pillock to intentionally specify that behaviour :)

"Sir, our telemetry shows that users never want to continue listening to the music they were listening to when they got out of the car, and they always switch back to radio"... said No Product Manager, Ever.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad it is not just me, but how annoying - wish we could find a solution - never had the issue on other cars
Well I can confirm that USB music issues aren't confined to Lotus... I have issues in my Jag XE, though they're better now than they were previously. There was a point when you were never certain if the music would pick up from where you left off or in the middle of a random previously listened to album! The main gripe I have these days with it is that it always defaults to the radio after listening to music through (wired) Android Auto rather than the USB stick I use for music at all other times (and the less said about only using an incomplete built-in library of album art rather than what's stored in the files themselves the better...)

Back on topic, this is definitely something I'd like the car to be able to do when I get it, but I may just end up sticking to using Android Auto for my music if not.