Dates have changed

*(apologies if i have already missed this post)*

At least they have finally changed the dates on the website, from Spring 2022......

I still have 0 faith it will be 2022, and i guess we have already missed Q3..... bit of a pointless change

Q3 2023 for Base... (my arse)

1663151894601.png

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I4 also coming in Q2 of 2023, for those blankly told "2023"...

Again, i wouldnt hold your breath...
1663152157595.png

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My email to LCC from last week when these changes went live :

Hi again

I see that the website/configurator has been updated to now show UK i4 availability โ€œfrom Q2 2023โ€

Does this now mean April 2023 delivery earliest for first batch UK i4 FE deliveries?

And their response :

Good morning Jim,

Thank you for your email.

Our first deliveries for the Emira I4 are forecast for early 2023.

๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ
๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
*(apologies if i have already missed this post)*

At least they have finally changed the dates on the website, from Spring 2022......

I still have 0 faith it will be 2022, and i guess we have already missed Q3..... bit of a pointless change

Q3 2023 for Base... (my arse)

View attachment 8840

I'm actually hearing "Winter 2023" for UK i4 FE deliveries now. ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I'm actually hearing "Winter 2023" for UK i4 FE deliveries now. ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Please disclose your source for this, given the above email I received last week from LCC......

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Please disclose your source for this, given the above email I received last week from LCC......

I'm not sure if Steve is here on the forum, but I saw this on an Emira Owners FB group... take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised since they're already ~1 year past original delivery estimate for NA V6 FE.

Screenshot 2022-09-14 092211.jpg

Screenshot 2022-09-14 092308.jpg

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My email to LCC from last week when these changes went live :

Hi again

I see that the website/configurator has been updated to now show UK i4 availability โ€œfrom Q2 2023โ€

Does this now mean April 2023 delivery earliest for first batch UK i4 FE deliveries?

And their response :

Good morning Jim,

Thank you for your email.

Our first deliveries for the Emira I4 are forecast for early 2023.

๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ๐Ÿ”œ
๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Ah this has been covered already then,apologies I am away from the forum more these days.

What a load of tosh but an expected answer from Lotus.
Pissup/brewery comes to mind..

Russc

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Steve is here on the forum, but I saw this on an Emira Owners FB group... take it with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised since they're already ~1 year past original delivery estimate for NA V6 FE.

View attachment 8846
View attachment 8847
I also saw this on FB and asked where he`s heard it from. He replied that it was in email responses from Lotus when he had been chasing for an update on the i4.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Maybe with all the noise about late deliveries Lotus are trying a different approach. Under promise and over deliver? Wouldnโ€™t that be nice!

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe with all the noise about late deliveries Lotus are trying a different approach. Under promise and over deliver? Wouldnโ€™t that be nice!

Haha, yeah right! "Surprise! Your Emira has arrived early and we added some features to compensate you for the wait and poor comms."

I still don't understand why the manual trans steering wheel supplier issue hasn't been sorted by now. :mad:

Russc

Reaction score
Well it`s saved me ยฃ180. I had planned on attending a session at the academy before anticipating a lock in date. Now i`ll have time for cars to be delivered to the dealers and the opportunity of a test drive way in advance of needing to lock in any spec.

At this rate i`ll have the opportunity of doing a lot of things before a lotus will grace the driveway!

All it needs now is for the delays to introduce a price hike and that will toll the death knell for my purchase.

ADC

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Well it`s saved me ยฃ180. I had planned on attending a session at the academy before anticipating a lock in date. Now i`ll have time for cars to be delivered to the dealers and the opportunity of a test drive way in advance of needing to lock in any spec.

At this rate i`ll have the opportunity of doing a lot of things before a lotus will grace the driveway!

All it needs now is for the delays to introduce a price hike and that will toll the death knell for my purchase.
Yeah, if the price moves (for existing deposit holders), my chill factor about waiting is going reduce significantly.

ksegg

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Bloody hell. Winter 2023. I'm about to have a midlife-crisis-crisis waiting for my midlife-crisis-mobile. How the hell am I meant to impress inappropriately-younger females in the meantime?!
I was randomly thinking the other day that if I ever had grandchildren, telling the story of buying a Lotus Emira would be a story I'd pass down to future generations. As a warning from history.

"When your grandpa was in his wild 40's, he put down a deposit for a Lotus Emira. 15 years later, he finally got the call to spec it. I can proudly say your grandpa JUST got delivery yesterday, and at 75 years old, I still feel strong as an ox!"

"Grandpa, WTF is a Lotus Emira? Is that like our flying transport delivery systems today?"

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
you could find a cure for the common cold / cancer / impatience....
write a book or three
design a new car...build it and potentially deliver it.....
A whole array of things we could have done in the time we have waited for our cars..... fill a forum .... the list is endless :)

MickOpalak

Emira Fan
Reaction score
At LOG41 Matt Windle said that US deliveries will begin in late Q1 of 2023.

I don't think it's too big of a deal. I put my first Elise deposit down in 2002 and the car finally showed up in late 2004.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score

I don't think it's too big of a deal. I put my first Elise deposit down in 2002 and the car finally showed up in late 2004.

Depends if it happens or not. If it does then agreed not bad at all

RENDERMAN

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Boys, (girls already know this :)) Listen to Mick, I was told the same thing, I will create a support group (Emira anonymous) to help you cope!! 1-800-EMIRA-DELAY