• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Dash warning.

Fil

Reaction score
Has anyone had this warning on the dash?
It says. ‘ Out of P’.
What does it mean? Sent it to Lotus CC. They said low on fuel? It’s not low on fuel!?

Attachments

• IMG_9098.jpeg
    IMG_9098.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 162

DJManc

Reaction score
Has anyone had this warning on the dash?
It says. ‘ Out of P’.
What does it mean? Sent it to Lotus CC. They said low on fuel? It’s not low on fuel!?
Does the car start? Just a guess but is it an auto and have you engaged P (Park) before trying to start?
If Lotus says is fuel related it could be a faulty fuel sender.

Reactions: ADC
OP
Fil

Fil

Reaction score
Hi. DJManc. Yes it starts just fine. No issues at all. Don’t think it’s anything to do with fuel as showing 90 miles range left. but it might be your suggestion about trying to start with ‘park’ activated.
I’ll check out. Thanks.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That's certainly not the most helpful error message, something to do with Park would seem most obvious as DJManc says.

Unless you've somehow got a diesel Emira that needs topping up with AdBlue (which is a solution of urea in water) 😜

• Face Palm
Reactions: Fil

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
P would be petrol, but I wouldn't rely on the estimated miles range, as those can be way off. If you're getting a fuel warning message, you might be down to about 4 liters or so. Just enough to make it to a gas station, which I would recommend doing. When you fill up, take note how many liters it took, and subtract that from the full tank number which is 60 Liters. That will let you know how many liters you actually have when it's estimating a 90 mile range.

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks like the fuel tank is full (the thick line on the gauge will turn into dashes as the fuel is consumed), so we can rule out "Petrol". I guess it's just pee...

OP
Fil

Fil

Reaction score
P would be petrol, but I wouldn't rely on the estimated miles range, as those can be way off. If you're getting a fuel warning message, you might be down to about 4 liters or so. Just enough to make it to a gas station, which I would recommend doing. When you fill up, take note how many liters it took, and subtract that from the full tank number which is 60 Liters. That will let you know how many liters you actually have when it's estimating a 90 mile range.
Thanks. I will check the amount of fuel it takes on my next fill. It did not show the ‘warning’ on the previous tank when it was showing approximately 60 miles left.
Matter of elimination… 🤨

OP
Fil

Fil

Reaction score
My guess is that the car was powered off with the auto trans still in Drive or Reverse rather than Park. The warning would appear on start up
Thanks. Another possible reason. Think I may have powered the car off when still in drive.
Just got to find out how to clear the message 🤨

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks. Another possible reason. Think I may have powered the car off when still in drive.
Just got to find out how to clear the message 🤨
Does the center of the direction pad not select OK? I thought the D pads were 5 point.

VL3X

Staff member
Reaction score
There were some early reports of faulty fuel sensors, so I'd recommended keeping an eye on mileage since last refuel vs the gauge for a while just to be safe.

Does the error remain after shutting off, starting back up, and driving around and shifting for a bit? If so, clear the code and see if it eventually comes back.