Dark Verdant and.....

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This aged well but for the ice part now that the leaked London pic is online…

If that green is lighter like it shows then I’m inclined to go black leather and then yellow calipers.

I was going silver calipers to “match” the interior and tie it in…

Dang colors.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This aged well but for the ice part now that the leaked London pic is online…

If that green is lighter like it shows then I’m inclined to go black leather and then yellow calipers.

I was going silver calipers to “match” the interior and tie it in…

Dang colors.
If only you could have black leather with yellow stitch... 😘

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
This pic surfaced in another thread and the consensus was that this is Dark Verdant in the sun. There were some who thought it could be the Gray. I'm red/green color blind so I am not confident in my ability to form an opinion. Would appreciate others thoughts on the matter.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.39.48 AM.png
    693.9 KB · Views: 293

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This pic surfaced in another thread and the consensus was that this is Dark Verdant in the sun.
The mat black parts of the wheel look too light. I think the picture needs to be darkened. It's London, isn't it?

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This pic surfaced in another thread and the consensus was that this is Dark Verdant in the sun. There were some who thought it could be the Gray. I'm red/green color blind so I am not confident in my ability to form an opinion. Would appreciate others thoughts on the matter.

Its certainly green and certainly causing me to re-think Verdant. I believe I wanted something darker and more mysterious. It doesn't really matter though because since I am in the BASE camp I am just throwing all my configurations out. I will wait for all the colors.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Right. That’s the one. It’s like 80%+ of this forum and Facebook that believe it’s DV. Which to me is “lighter” than we’ve seen so far in configs and renders.

That’s what makes me maybe want to go back to a darker interior.

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Right. That’s the one. It’s like 80%+ of this forum and Facebook that believe it’s DV. Which to me is “lighter” than we’ve seen so far in configs and renders.

That’s what makes me maybe want to go back to a darker interior.
If you look just above the rear license plate dead center and then just behind the driver door again dead center, it looks to be capable of being very dark when not reflecting light. This is what makes me think this could be it. I'm going to go to the dealer today in Dallas and look at the color discs again and see if I can reconcile this at all.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
This is what I said where this has been posted elsewhere:

I think that’s DV. The person who took the pic said it was green not grey. I doubt Lotus would do a green that’s not DV, and if they did it would be something obvious like Motorsport Green or BRG.

I saw DV in a brightly lit assembly hall next to a huge window with bright sunlight. It appeared darker than is showing in this photo. The metallic fleck was also very apparent on the fully lit surfaces at this kind of distance. I’m not seeing that in this photo. So yes I think this is DV, but only one representation of how it looks in a photo and not a very good impression of how it looks in real life.

Off The Shelf

Reaction score
That colour looks like it has a lot of blue in it to me

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If you look just above the rear license plate dead center and then just behind the driver door again dead center, it looks to be capable of being very dark when not reflecting light. This is what makes me think this could be it. I'm going to go to the dealer today in Dallas and look at the color discs again and see if I can reconcile this at all.
Earth?

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Dark Verdant is highly reflective, which you can see on the planforms, so the blue you're seeing is the reflection of the sky. I think this photo is the result of a cell phone over-processing the image, might be the result of compensating for the dark area under the overhead but that over-lightened the back of the car out in the sun.

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Dark Verdant is highly reflective, which you can see on the planforms, so the blue you're seeing is the reflection of the sky. I think this photo is the result of a cell phone over-processing the image, might be the result of compensating for the dark area under the overhead but that over-lightened the back of the car out in the sun.
So it’ll still be a bit darker than what this photo is showing?

Asked differently, should I stick with ice interior because this is an example of the “lightest” the color may look?

100% know we are intelligently guessing at best. That’s all good to me. Just having fun trying to guess right. No doubt either option will work and I’ll be happy. Just fun to guess.

Pegasi

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

Asked differently, should I stick with ice interior because this is an example of the “lightest” the color may look?

100% know we are intelligently guessing at best. That’s all good to me. Just having fun trying to guess right. No doubt either option will work and I’ll be happy. Just fun to guess.

If I go Verdant or Seneca I am sticking with the Ice interior. That interior suits my eye the best with those colors.

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score

My money is on it being pretty damn dark - I've been managing my own expectations that way and am now looking forward to embracing the darkness!

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
If I go Verdant or Seneca I am sticking with the Ice interior. That interior suits my eye the best with those colors.
Wait. I swear you were #DV4Life. Are you rethinking DV now?

Ahem, your profile pic is even DV right? :)

JKP

Emira Fan
Reaction score
I just left the dealership in Dallas, where I took both the Dark Verdant and Shadow Gray paint sample plates outside into the bright sunlight and had an employee join me for a 2nd opinion. I also showed him the photo in question in this thread and here's what we think. First, the dark verdant is dark, even in sunlight. It did not look like this picture, there was no blue in it whatsover that we could see even under blue skies. It does have fine grain metal flake in it that shows up only in the sunlight. The gray has larger flake in it and sparkles at least 2x as much in the sun, and has obvious blue flake in it. This picture is now more confusing to me than before. In part because I've just notice what appears to be a FE badge on it while the engine is the 4cyl. This said, the employee did think this was the green despite these observations, I was not so sure, but I am slightly colorblind so that needs to factor. So, who knows?!

Last edited:

Eagle7

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
This photo of a planform in DV looks like the configurator.

Dark Verdant.jpeg

DV copy.png

This photo of what appears to be an i4 FE in DV outside that studio is the result of cell phone processing. It may be an attempt at an HDR photo which always monkeys with the colors and contrast. This is a white balance corrected version of that photo. Even still, the faces of the people are washed out with minimal contrast, while the red rectangle on the wall, and the yellow area you can see through the Emira windshield under the overhead are exaggerated and look over-saturated to me. I believe this is Dark Verdant, but a badly over-processed version, and thus not representative of the way it's going to actually look. The planforms and configurator are more accurate in my opinion.

Emira London.png

frazzer

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
We know that Lotus have plenty random tubs of paint colours knocking about the paint shop and that barely any of the unofficial shots thus far have been a FE colour. So if this doesn't match the DV sample or configurator its fair to assume it's yet another random colour, specially since it's the i4.

Its not just lighter, it's a different hue to DV

OP
eclat2emira

eclat2emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
This photo of a planform in DV looks like the configurator.

View attachment 3740
View attachment 3741

This photo of what appears to be an i4 FE in DV outside that studio is the result of cell phone processing. It may be an attempt at an HDR photo which always monkeys with the colors and contrast. This is a white balance corrected version of that photo. Even still, the faces of the people are washed out with minimal contrast, while the red rectangle on the wall, and the yellow area you can see through the Emira windshield under the overhead are exaggerated and look over-saturated to me. I believe this is Dark Verdant, but a badly over-processed version, and thus not representative of the way it's going to actually look. The planforms and configurator are more accurate in my opinion.

View attachment 3742
That plan-form looks bloody lovely!