Curious, has anyone chosen blue show car as their spec?

Sir Donald Trump

Reaction score
Would anyone ever think of putting the tan leather with this spec. That leather looks so classy and beautiful. Too much clash??
as it happens, whilst ive ordered the exact same spec as the Seneca Blue show car, i was toying with the idea of the sable leather. On the configurator it does look rather good and from what i can gather not many of the posters on this forum seem to have gone for it. Perhaps it may blend into my notoriosly orange tan that the media keep hammering me about, hence ive opted for black Alcantara with yellow piping, at least for now

Reaction score
Went with Showroom spec blue and black pack, but with red leather interior and red brake calipers. Almost went for black loss wheels but kept the diamond cut

ADC

Just Jazzed About Being On The Show
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I really went round the houses on whether picking close to show spec was a big cop out... will blue be too common? should I go black pack, or body colour roof and wrap it if I change my mind? is alcantara going to be harder to look after? etc etc

Toyed with the idea of Nimbus with red interior, but in the end my wife helped with a single question as I laid out the contents of my tortured mind for analysis... "will it be blue and sparkly?"... "er... yes. yes it will." ... "then you may have one" :D

So going pretty much show spec, but still not totally convinced by the diamond cut wheels when the car is static. I want silver, and know they will be a hassle to keep looking clean, but they are purdy. Flip-flopping a bit on caliper colour (yellow or red).

GarrethN

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Toyed with the idea of Nimbus with red interior, but in the end my wife helped with a single question as I laid out the contents of my tortured mind for analysis... "will it be blue and sparkly?"... "er... yes. yes it will." ... "then you may have one" :D

My good lady thought the exact opposite…”The blue looks like plastic.If you buy that, it’s not going in the garage. If you get a Nimbus one, I’ll even clean it for you”

So I’ve decided on Magma red. That way it can go in the garage and she’ll leave it alone. Win win.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I really went round the houses on whether picking close to show spec was a big cop out... will blue be too common? should I go black pack, or body colour roof and wrap it if I change my mind? is alcantara going to be harder to look after? etc etc

So going pretty much show spec, but still not totally convinced by the diamond cut wheels when the car is static. I want silver, and know they will be a hassle to keep looking clean, but they are purdy. Flip-flopping a bit on caliper colour (yellow or red
My good lady thought the exact opposite…”The blue looks like plastic.If you buy that, it’s not going in the garage. If you get a Nimbus one, I’ll even clean it for you”

So I’ve decided on Magma red. That way it can go in the garage and she’ll leave it alone. Win win.
I’ve been told the blue is a no go too. She likes Shadow Grey, probably settling on Nimbus.

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I’ve been told the blue is a no go too. She likes Shadow Grey, probably settling on Nimbus.
I didn't even ask her, but when I do, I will tell her Nimbus is the only color they manufacture, otherwise I risk going officially crazy.

I Went for the Nimbus straight, after passing on my own through the following thoughts in order:
1. Seneca Blue
2. Yellow
3. Green
4. Red
I just hope I don't have a final thought and finish with Shadow Grey, unlikely since I had a few dark grey before.

Never has such a tough decision before, could be because I never waited for more than two months for a car, or because they all look really good on this car, or both.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
From what I can determine, Seneca Blue looks somewhat similar to Porsche Shark Blue - which is the exact same colour as VW Cornflower Blue used on VW Polos and Golf GTIs! Extra cost item for Porsche and free for VW, LoL!

I'm going mad selecting a colour myself! Would go Nimbus but its got a gold/bronze tint to it and looks like an old man's Lexus colour not a sports car colour (to me at least). Closest to Nimbus is the old Lotus Storm Titanium or McLaren Blade Silver.

Now am torn in between Shadow Grey and Seneca Blue (+Full black pack). If you want an idea what Seneca might look like without the full black pack then the Porsche photo provides a good idea showing a full blue roof.

Seneca does have a kind of plastic, powder blue look to it. Could be a bit polarizing after a while?

Attachments

• blue-comparison.png
    blue-comparison.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I think what it boils down to is this.
If you want a lot of attention with the car, you'll get the Seneca blue, yellow or red something very bright like on Ferraris and Lamborghinis, if you don't want a lot of attention you go with grey, silver or dark green, so it depends if you want a flashy car or something a little less.
It's amazing that I can get that bright Seneca blue at no extra cost where Porsche rips customers off by charging around $5,000.
I like the pics of the Emira in metallic white with a full black pack for contrast.

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody was going Seneca Blue, Diamond Cut Wheels, Yellow Calipers and Black Pack. Essentially, has anyone chosen to go with the configuration? I'd have to say, the thought did cross my mind the more that I looked at it but it isn't my spec.
I did except I opted for grey interior

Maverick1

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
I plan on going with the show car spec, Seneca blue, manual transmission, yellow calipers, black leather interior.

jamesbxxx

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I started to notice a lot of blue BMWs on the road today. Look very like Seneca blue. I think they are Misano Blue. Thoughts?

Pugwash

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My Jaguar is in a very similar colour. Jaguar call it Ultra Blue.

andrew6382

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I started to notice a lot of blue BMWs on the road today. Look very like Seneca blue. I think they are Misano Blue. Thoughts?
Yep... me too...... been trying to say to partner..... look we dont want a blue car look at all the BMW's in blue.... can we have a yellow one....... guess what...... still getting blue one........ do think the BMW blues are nice..... the matalic they did on the 3 real good...... But now after seeing the emira view... all good.... gone full show car spec.... just changed to auto

4GIV8M3

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Blue is definitely the hottest color right now but let's be real. Avoiding a blue Emira is like avoid a Red Ferrari because you're worried about other red cars. In reality they are worried about you. I think the C8 and other blue cars will look very understated next to the Emira.

First Lotus

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score

Well don't make your final decision (unless you have to of course!) until you've been to the Emira Car Show😉.
All the colours on show (hopefully!)

dave355

Reaction score
Well show blue for me with black alacantara diamond cut black pack manual. Whilst unsure of the diamond cut the silver look too hubcap like and black like the hubcaps have been nicked lol (to me anyway)good job we all have different tastes.