Creaking noise

Toby L

Reaction score
Emira Status
Waiting to order
It sounds like you have the same issue that I had. My dealership diagnosed it as a chassis plate that needed tightening. My creek sounded like it was coming from the passenger foot well on a right-hand drive car. They also did some tightening of the flat under trays.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My dealership diagnosed it as a chassis plate that needed tightening
Thanks for the swift response Toby. This makes a lot of sense and it was my hope. Also, the detailer removed the bonnet panel as part of the PPF which is another possibility. I would happily take either as a quick fix over anything more significant like suspension parts! I just spoke to the dealership and agreed to give it a few weeks to run in and then make an appointment with service if it's still making the noises.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi Andrea, did you get a resolution on the creaking noises? My new i4 also has creaking noises coming from the front of the car. It is most noticeable when going over speed bumps or uneven cambers like when I turn onto my drive at home. I don't think it's steering related as it also happens on bumps where the wheel is straight.
Unfortunately not Yet, The car is still at the dealer, they have checked all the bolts tightness as first thing at they were as they should, now they are following Lotus HQ instructions, report and wait for the next instruction....that's why it take so long

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Unfortunately not Yet, The car is still at the dealer, they have checked all the bolts tightness as first thing at they were as they should, now they are following Lotus HQ instructions, report and wait for the next instruction....that's why it take so long
Thanks for the update. I really hope it's just bolts that need tightening but do post an update when you hear from your dealer.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the update. I really hope it's just bolts that need tightening but do post an update when you hear from your dealer.
I will definitely do, I'll ask for a written report if possible!

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
quick update: yesterday they called me saying that, after having carried out all the tests, it seems that the problem is dirt in the system that may ruin the components (entered at the factory? At the time of replacing the faulty pump? Because of the faulty pump? who knows ...) so at 3.27pm yesterday they received the email with the authorization to replace the entire system: steering gear, pipes and the pump again (I wonder why not the tank too) as the dirt may be everywhere or moving from one point to the other . This morning they will proceed to order the necessary parts and we will see, fingers crossed for a definitive resolution

Last edited:

Jimblob

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
My car also creeks/cracks upon hitting the breaks, going over medium bumps and steering lock in car parks.
Also terrible noise at full lock, diagnosed as failed steering pump.
I had the same noise issue as you at full lock and it was the steering pump on mine as well.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
quick update: yesterday they called me saying that, after having carried out all the tests, it seems that the problem is dirt in the system that may ruin the components (entered at the factory? At the time of replacing the faulty pump? Because of the faulty pump? who knows ...) so at 3.27pm yesterday they received the email with the authorization to replace the entire system: steering gear, pipes and the pump again (I wonder why not the tank too) as the dirt may be everywhere or moving from one point to the other . This morning they will proceed to order the necessary parts and we will see, fingers crossed for a definitive resolution
Glad to hear they found the root of the problem and ordered all the necessary parts! The problem initself is quite shocking to say the least at least it’s finally getting resolved.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Glad to report steering noises have been resolved completely, the steering pump was changes which resolved the problem in my car (due to worn/bad seal which lead to a small oil leak and later starvation). Also got the windshield wipers + pillars changed for the recall and got all the software updates + first service, for now it seems all the problems I’ve had have been resolved, I’ll update if anything changes.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Glad to report steering noises have been resolved completely, the steering pump was changes which resolved the problem in my car (due to worn/bad seal which lead to a small oil leak and later starvation). Also got the windshield wipers + pillars changed for the recall and got all the software updates + first service, for now it seems all the problems I’ve had have been resolved, I’ll update if anything changes.
Good for you, very happy of the result!!!!

schuey100

Reaction score
Hi Andrea, did you get a resolution on the creaking noises? My new i4 also has creaking noises coming from the front of the car. It is most noticeable when going over speed bumps or uneven cambers like when I turn onto my drive at home. I don't think it's steering related as it also happens on bumps where the wheel is straight.
My I4 does the same over speed bumps at low speed, sounds like dampers to me

cdn_alien

Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your Emira? It would be good to know to listen for these issues when the time comes.

Shahaf2911

Emira Fan
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you had your Emira? It would be good to know to listen for these issues when the time comes.
Of course, my emira arrived at the dealer mid January 2023 and I collected it on April first (registration took 2.5 months), it’s an early build that’s for certain.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
My I4 does the same over speed bumps at low speed, sounds like dampers to me
Could be. Mine definitely only does it after a long drive. It seems OK when cold. Do you plan to get it looked at? I'm waiting to get through run in and then I'll speak to the service team about it.

Andrea

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Today's update: the garage manager (who resigned due to a different vision of the organisation, he came from Porsche, today is his last day) told me that he has ordered the parts but that they cannot get a delivery date from Lotus. No one knows when they will arrive, could be Monday or 2032, no clue.

I don't know what to say.

Again.