Covering the central screen with a matt screen protector

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks Jim, have you taken any steps to protect the screen against finger prints, sun or scratches?
I Haven’t got my Emira yet, but I have a similar (larger) central touch screen on the daily (2022 Kia Sportage Mk5 GT-line S HEV) and don’t find it to be an issue - I keep a clean microfibre cloth in the door pocket just for a wipe over every now and then…. Same with my iPad too - I just have one on my phone more for drops and scratches….

Concept24

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
There is such a thing as an anti-glare film. I looked into it, years ago for possible use with my fitness clack lens. Unfortunately, there were fairly expensive. Perhaps there will be a group purchase in our future.

EM12A LS

Reaction score
In the absence of a definitive answer, if you really want one, I'd be giving these guys a punt (no recommendation or connection etc.) https://www.protectionfilms24.com/custom-sizes.html
Hi

I took your recommendation and ordered one of these for my car and it fits perfectly and was easy to apply
I also took the advise of hml_xy earlier in the thread and made it 1mm smaller and 6mm radius its perfect and fits nicely.
See photo below of packaging.
Cost around £13 each which seems good value, ordered on Friday and received today

I took a picture of it installed, but its such a perfect match you can see its there.

Attachments

• Emira screen proector size.jpg
    Emira screen proector size.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Emira screen protector.jpg
    Emira screen protector.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Hi

I took your recommendation and ordered one of these for my car and it fits perfectly and was easy to apply
I also took the advise of hml_xy earlier in the thread and made it 1mm smaller and 6mm radius its perfect and fits nicely.
Cost around £13 each which seems good value, ordered on Friday and received today

I took a picture of it installed, but its such a perfect match you can see its there.
Did you go for the antiglare ? or something else ?

Billyidoliser

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hi

Any chance of you sharing your exact instruction for the protector, I think many would like to order...me for one (does it reduce finger marks/glare?)

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Now it’s been tested and fits, perhaps they can list it as an Emira screen protector rather than a custom order?

EM12A LS

Reaction score
Any chance of you sharing your exact instruction for the protector, I think many would like to order...me for one (does it reduce finger marks/glare?)
Hi

This was my order ( I bought two being confident) 6mm radius edge.
I've only used the car once since, the protector does not dramatically change viewing so far (driven in broad day light) but so far so good. I did take a photo off it, but frankly you cant' tell its there, I will take another one when I'm out next.

1684408419161.png

1684407968919.png

Porter

tap tap... is this thing on?
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Last edited:

Time2Fly

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Hi

This was my order ( I bought two being confident) 6mm radius edge.
I've only used the car once since, the protector does not dramatically change viewing so far (driven in broad day light) but so far so good. I did take a photo off it, but frankly you cant' tell its there, I will take another one when I'm out next.

View attachment 26712

View attachment 26711
Why did you get this and not the matte tempered glass version?

Alas, they don't deliver to the US.

EM12A LS

Reaction score
Why did you get this and not the matte tempered glass version?

Alas, they don't deliver to the US.
hi, its a pity they don't deliver to the US, I went for the Matte, to avoid glare, I have had it installed now for nearly a year and very happy with it, you would not know it was there.