Complete lack of touch up pens and paint code formulas

meccanisti

Reaction score
I don’t know why I’m surprised, but Lotus don’t do touch in pens at all and they’ve not released the forumla for the paint code to any suppliers (for dark verdant anyway) so no one can mix you one. Unless you take the whole car to a paint shop and have it scanned and buy 1/2L at quite some cost.

And to top it the paint insurance people are not responding to my claim.

WTF Lotus?!?

Info in this thread, there are aftermarket suppliers who can match the paint from the code

Nope, they don't recognise M505 which is the code for Dark Verdant.

Anyone successfully ordered from one of these suppliers?

Nope, they don't recognise M505 which is the code for Dark Verdant.

Anyone successfully ordered from one of these suppliers?
I’ve been trying for months. There is no supplier with the paint formula. The suppliers take your paint code/reg number and a few days later cancel your order. They can’t get hold of the paint formula.

Luckily my dealer gave me a sample of the DV in a small bottle. However, it’s water based and requires clear lacquer on top. Waiting for an all in one acrylic version to make it easier to blend in.

I have contacted suppliers in Europe and Oz for Hethel Yellow. All have said they do not have the formula and cannot supply touch up kits. Surely Lotus must sell small bottles. Have they produced an Emira service manual or parts list yet?

I’ve been trying for months. There is no supplier with the paint formula. The suppliers take your paint code/reg number and a few days later cancel your order. They can’t get hold of the paint formula.

Luckily my dealer gave me a sample of the DV in a small bottle. However, it’s water based and requires clear lacquer on top. Waiting for an all in one acrylic version to make it easier to blend in.
Not sure you’ll get an “all in one”. Even the Chrome Orange on the Elise is a 3 part paint, due to the fleck in it.

Has anyone managed to get any paint? Seneca Blue code is M501 - can't buy OEM as far as I can see

Hierarchy of Needs... Europe and Australia want paint formulas, North America would settle for just getting cars.

I actually don’t have a car myself yet, I’m also in NA. When i needed touch up paint for my Evora I needed to wait 9 months. I view this as anticipatory hedging.

No UK shipping :-(
IMG_2460.jpeg

ICI Autocolour list Lotus Dark Verdant, M505. But... it's a dreadful match, much lighter green... avoid. (I bought this mix, and had the parts sprayed)

So, I had my Dark Verdant scanned, and it was an 84% match with a listed Ford colour formula. The Ford colour swatch held against my paint looked to be a very good match. The paint firm tweaked it, and the computer said it was then an 87% match.
I have a 1/4 litre of that mix, and will report as soon as it's been applied. (I'm doing the rear vents and tailgate trims, usually piano black, in body colour)

Anyone tried this MG PRIME Car Paint Touch-up pen set for Lotus M501 Seneca Blue undercoat base coat clear coat 50ml https://amzn.eu/d/08xUCJs
Firanto eBay store has no Seneca 😒

If you go to their eBay store and request that a colour be added they will oblige - Hethel Yellow is now there (I asked and ordered - awaiting delivery!) - I didn't order the pack with the rust stop though ... :ROFLMAO: :

How it worked for me :

Last edited: