• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Collection day-The McDonald's spec.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
So today was the collection day from Solihull, handover was a great experience, if abit surreal that its actually arrived.

There was an issue with the tracker not being set up on time,standard Lotus.

The dealer sorted it whilst we there,no problem.

one thing i will say if you have the tracker-check of ots tracking and logging your speed!!!
You Can turn this off.

We covered about 80 miles today,doing the obligatory caffeine and machine visit,the weather was beautiful, but the roads are filthy,and now is the car.

The drive itself,abit hard to judge yet as you have to be aware of the the throttle use,not spanking it,slightly frustrating,but when you do get a clear road it does go "nicely",more than quick enough for the road.

the interior-i love the red interior,was skeptical and k ew it was a risk,but once you're in the cabin you k ow you've made the right choice,horses for courses and all that.
I did see one little ripple,sag, I the passenger seat,nothing too major.
Red also marks easy,and it's near impossible to get in and out without hitting it with your shoes,although I'm not that flexible..

Handling-awesome
Sound-Awesome,I put it in track before we set off to hear the noise,deep and throaty,then switched back,icy roads here.

Overall impression-definitely the prettiest car I've had, but ironically they had one of my other options in the showroom, a GT4,which looked a beautiful finish inside,but the Emira had it on the exterior.

I'm sure I will love it more and more over ownership.
Has it blown me away-not yet,but I did get a small glimpse of its potential, and it was FUN!

20230119_104116.jpg
20230119_101834.jpg
20230119_144752.jpg
IMG-20230119-WA0031.jpg

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Few more shots before she got filthy, at a friend's and then Caffeine and machine
IMG-20230119-WA0019.jpg

Attachments

• 20230119_124748.jpg
    20230119_124748.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG-20230119-WA0012.jpg
    IMG-20230119-WA0012.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG-20230119-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20230119-WA0028.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG-20230119-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20230119-WA0031.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20230119-WA0054.jpg
    IMG-20230119-WA0054.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 165

emiralust

Reaction score
Unexpected delivery from Lotus today,nice touch Lotus.
I love these - I wonder when Lotus will stop sending them out... and when they do, whether they will be available to purchase separately (I, for one, would be willing to buy one if not given one).

My delivery is next week and I asked customer services if I would get one as part of home delivery and they said no it's only for people who have had after sales issues... but I'm pretty sure most people receive them just after delivery and have got them before any after sales issues right? I phone Bell & Colvill to see if it's because the dealers are giving them out or factory collection and they didn't even know about them. So It's definitely a Lotus Hethel thing.

@Lots_Of_Trouble Have you been sent this following any aftersales issues? Or just received out of the blue?

OP
Lots_Of_Trouble

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
My delivery is next week and I asked customer services if I would get one as part of home delivery and they said no it's only for people who have had after sales issues... but I'm pretty sure most people receive them just after delivery and have got them before any after sales issues right? I phone Bell & Colvill to see if it's because the dealers are giving them out or factory collection and they didn't even know about them. So It's definitely a Lotus Hethel thing.

@Lots_Of_Trouble Have you been sent this following any aftersales issues? Or just received out of the blue?
I received mine out of the blue,unexpected.

The only issue I had was on the collection day,where I had to wait until the tracker was activated, the lady at Rybrook had to whip a few people knto place
on Scorpions side I think,but no issues from me....yet.

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Perhaps they should give them to all the people who have had BEFORE sales issues 💡

KJD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Yup.
If us lost depositors don’t get one, that would be a little more salt in the (still slightly raw) wound.